Nordstrom

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – This was unlike any interview I've ever had - 4 hour "audition!"

Interview Question – If you were a PM for a bridge contractor ........   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, interview with hiring manager, a second interview with additional team members.

Interview Question – questions were not difficult, standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Centennial, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2011.

Interview Details – HR (mostly in Seattle) is like the Keystone Cops. It's a miracle that anyone gets through the gaffs to actually land a position. I know of a position that has been posted and reposted for nearly 9 months for a development role that should be easy to find.

Interview Question – Easy STAR/CAR format that is fairly informal - at least in Colorado it is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered above expected salary.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had two very informal phone interviews; one with the head recruiter and one with the hiring manager. Since both of these went very well, I was scheduled for an onsite panel interview. The time from my first contact with the recruiter to the panel interview was approximately 5 weeks. They take their time between each step to discuss internally - it can leave a bad impression with an outside candidate that is just waiting to hear, but the recruiters never seemed put off if I reached out to them for updates. Everyone is very customer focused and speaks to the inverted pyramid approach at Nordstrom which were two of the main reasons I was interested in this company. These are two key areas that someone should read up on (Google Nordstrom's Inverted Pyramid or The Nordstrom Way) if they are pursuing a job with Nordstrom.

Interview Question – You are walking your team through the forrest, there is a river you need to cross but can only cross by walking on a log that is very high. Your team is afraid of heights and water. How do you help get them across.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.