Nordstrom Rack

2.3

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I applied two times. The first time it was just a phone interview. I did not pass because of my availability. The second interview was in person. I had a interview with three of the department managers.

Retail Sales & Service Experience Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I had a phone interview, then I came in to do the in person a week later (it's what worked for them and me). I was interviewed by the head of the department then her assistant.
    A week later, I then got a call from the women's department and they asked me to go into am interview for them, which I did. I was hired first by the Retail Sales & Service Experience department three days later.
    They did call my reference so be sure to put the right information, and make sure that your references will speak VERY highly of you.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you like to play in a group?
      When someone has been rude to you, how did you respond?
      Why did you chose Nordstrom's?
      Have you shopped here before? (not formal they just want to know)
      What do you consider your highest achievement in the work force?

Answer Question
    She offered me an amount and I took it.

Rover Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Applied online. Within a couple of days, I got an email that I needed to schedule a 15 minute phone interview. The interviewer was super friendly and called promptly at the scheduled time. Asked basic questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was then was asked to come into the store to interview with the manager. Ended up interviewing with two separate managers that day. Heard back from Nordstrom Rack 8 days later telling me that I got the job.

Service Experience Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

After applying online, I received an email telling me how to set up a phone interview. Once I chose my date and time I then received an email confirming my interview appointment. The phone interview took less than 10 minutes. After being interviewed i was told to pick a day and time for my in person interview.

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I applied online on a Wednesday then got an email for a phone interview. They provide the date & time and you pick what works best. I chose the closes one which was the following Thursday.

My phone interview was at 3 and last about 30 minutes. It was with a HR recruiter. It was easy, they asked me about my duties at my previous employment. Why did I wanna come to NR, and a few tell me a time when . . .
    At the end I was told I advanced to a in store interview which was the Saturday at 1pm. I interviewed w/ the store manager then the manager for the department I applied for. They asked the,same questions as my phone interview. The interviews went GREATTT ! I was very confident in my answers and dressed to impressed. ( jeans are perfectly fine, just business casual. No jeans with holes) I honestly thought I was going to get hired on the spot. But I didn't get hired on the spot. I got a call that Monday AFTER they call my references. YES THEY ACTUALLY DO CALL. but I got offered the job. Starting pay was $10.25 I could have got higher but I was ready to Leave Forever 21 so I took it. I got a email to fill out my direct deposit and read and Design some papers then was told to log the time I spent working on it so i can be paid for it. My first day was the following Monday. I started with about 4 days my first week and open up a credit account !!!! The interview was professional and a easy process. My first day I watched a ton of training videos. And worked on the floor and got my 5 green shirts

Some awesome things was, after working a 1,000 (6-7 months) I started earning PTO, I got 401k, and also you get a raise every 1,000 worked

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Phone interview was really fast! 10 min. They asked basic questions and scheduled me with the hiring manager in store. It's helpuful to read more about interview process but if you have experience in customer service, than its really easy!

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in February 2015.

I applied online. The process took a couple of days. I was notified via email to schedule a phone interview. That day I was nervous a bit 'cause I don't have a customer service experience, but the interview went great. They asked basic questions like why did you choose Nordstrom Rack..? The next step is going to be an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nordstrom Rack is a very past paced environment. Please describe a time when you had to work in -a fast-paced environment and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in February 2015.

I applied online around jan.10th. I got a email back the next day saying there wasn't any openings at the moment.so about 3 weeks later they emailed me to set up a phone interview. Set up the interview for two days later it took no longer than 10 mins and they questions was really easy and simple. So after I got set up for an in person interview for the following week. Did the interview with the shoe department manger, took a tour of the store & did a second interview with another manager the same day. After I was given a business call & was told they'll have a decision at the end of the week. So two days after the interview I received a call from a different manger. She was from the customer service area, saying my qualifications and background matchs more as a cashier than sales associate, so too come in for a meeting with her at the end of the week. Idk what is going on but I hope I get either one of the positions.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in February 2015.

It was simple and relaxing. It took about an hour and a half which wasn't bad considering it was a group interview. The group interview was not like the ones I have been to in the past. There were four people including me getting interviewed for different positions. Almost all of the managers from the store were there looking for the perfect candidates for the right department. Overall it went well and I got the job. I got an offer the day after the interview and then I got an email to fill out my employee papers the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Goal oriented and past job experience. ex: Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer? If so how? and what was the out come?...Name a time you set a goal for yourself and tell me how you reached that goal...   Answer Question

Stock Team Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I was interviewed by one person on the phon and two people in person. Super easy. Although they didn't give me the position I ended up being as a rover.

No negotiation