Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online via nordstromrack.com/careers on a Friday and got the email for a video interview Monday. They give three days to complete the one-way video through an app you can download. They interview was very easy with simple general sales questions, but the key is to practice speaking on camera and get comfortable with the app and process because once you get started in the actual interview you only get one chance to provide an answer. The next day I was email about an in person interview which is not until next Monday, but the lady I spoke to about scheduling the interview told me to dress business professional and make sure I was at least 10 minutes early.

Service Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

It was a few different segment beginning with phone interview then it was a one on one with the manager that was hiring and then a group interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

• How would you solve conflict or execute a difficult task that is given with limited instructions?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

As soon as I applied I got a call a few days for an interview, keep in mind this was in the middle of the holiday season so they needed people, and after a 30min interview with the store manager he hired me by the end of the week due to my experience and outgoing personality. By January the store did their bi-annual review and I went from seasonal to part time associate!

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were needed in all corners of the sales floor during a busy season, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Easy process and interview. Apply online at Nordstrom website. Phone interview screening lasted about 5 min. In person interview with manager and hr lady. Called next day and offered position.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous experience in customer service/how to deal with unhappy customers. The usual.   Answer Question

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Bradenton, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

submitted online application/cover letter/resume. They called from a couple days later and asked a few very basic interview questions. That took 5-10 minutes. She then scheduled me for a face-to-face interview in the store I I applied to. That was 3 days later. There I interviewed with an assistant manager and a department manager. They also showed me around the back rooms and offices. They then said they would call in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you solved a problem with a difficult customer? What work experience are you most proud of? Many of the questions in person were the same as the ones they asked on the phone.   Answer Question

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Brandon, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I got a email to do a video interview the next day. After I completed the video interview I got a email the following day to set up a in person interview. Met with manager and was told I will be contacted in 7-10 days.

Interview Questions

• What has been the hardest thing for you to do in life.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online in August 2015, in Sacramento, CA area. Couple days after, I was invited to a web interview, using a phone app. There were 5 standard questions, 30 sec to 1min to prepare, and then 1-3min to answer. N option to record again. In less than an hour after I submitted my web interview, I was invited to a in person interview, scheduled for the following week. Manager was super nice, said that I interviewed well. I have no prior retail experience at all. She said would call on the middle of the following week, since she would interview more candidates. She called me in less than 24h with a job offer. Great experience. I'm excited to start

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you adjust to meet your goals? give me an example.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online, was called for a phone interview. That went well, so I was scheduled to an in-person interview. When I got there and was interviewed by a manager and then he brought in another manager to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Why I didn't want to work for regular Nordstrom   1 Answer

Stock Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Buffalo, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I first found out about the new store opening on Craigslist and they had a link to the website so I applied online. I received an email the next day for me to schedule a day and time for an in-person interview (no phone interview because it was a new store I guess) The closest interview date I could get was a month later. The day finally arrived and it was a group interview with 9 of use total. We met the managers, including store manager, and was told we would watch a video and that we would have 2 interviews. The first interview was mainly going over my resume and I was asked about my education, why I wanted to work there, and some behavioral questions. Then he pulled out some papers that I read that explained the job duties for both stock and sales. After that he asked me if I had any questions and I just asked if the sales position was commission and he said it wasn't. Then for the second interview, it was all behavioral questions. It was like a 2 hour process. 3 days later I received an email asking to submit more information and that they were gonna conduct a background check and 3 days after that I received a call from the stock manager with the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was upset and how did you fix it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to persuade others.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were apart of a team and you had a goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied on the nordstrom website a few days after the actual job was posted. I then got an email about a week later for a video interview. It asked five questions, which you have one minute to answer for each question. Some questions were about 30 seconds. The whole video interview took about ten minutes. A few days after that, I got another email for an in-person interview at the location. A number was provided to schedule an interview and when I called I was given the option to choose which store I wanted to work at. I went in for the interview later that week and it took about an hour. I was also given a tour of the store. The questions here really helped prepare me for both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is engaged service?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you deal with them? What were the outcomes?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a rewards card?   Answer Question