Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.3

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Very quick process. I applied online and a few hours letter received an e-mail for a phone interview. I set up the phone interview for two days later. I'm not sure if it's b/c it's seasonal, or b/c I have some retail experience, but when the interviewer called me she said I would go directly to the in person interview. I had the in-person interview which was very casual, but if you read all the interview reviews here it's easy to prepare. They will ask you about yourself and your experience and a lot of the questions are situational to see how you have dealt with customers in the past and how you would deal with them in the store.

I was told I would hear back within 5-6 days, and I got a call 3 days later to set up a 2nd interview with the store manager. The questions were similar and this interview was shorter. I was told they would be making a decision in the next two days. I received a call the following day with an offer.

Tips: PREPARE!! Do research on the store, be enthusiastic and authentic. Dress professionally.

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I completed the online application with screening test. The next day I got an email about scheduling a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview we set up a time for the in-store interview, and a few days after the interview I got a call with a job offer. It was a very efficient and pleasant experience!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

applied online, about a week, asked you schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview, the person schedule you a store manager interview. If you didn't hear them for a week, that means you probably not fit for the position. I was interviewed once in person with store manager then interviewed one more time with different department manager

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but you really need to know what they are looking for. try to talk more during the conversation   Answer Question

Nordstrom Rack Store Manager Interview

it was interesting very polite they got straight to the point on the phone interview this site was very helpful i dont know what else to say they said 50 word minimm but they are effficent on how fast they get back to you you willl know everything in a 2 week processs

hours weren't right

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

Received an email for a phone interview two days after I completed the application. Phone interview went great. After the phone interview I was scheduled to meet the store manager a few days later for a second interview. He was extremely nice and informative. He told me if he is satisfied with our interview he will give me a call in a few days to have another meeting with the department manager. If he decided to go with another applicant he will call me also. So after the meeting with the store manager on Friday, I received a call from the department manager on Monday asking me to come in the following day to meet with him. That interview also went great and he said I would hear back from them in a week. A week later the department manager called me offering me the position

Interview Questions
    No. The pay that was offered was $11.20 which I thought was amazing being that I'm coming from Macy's that only paid $8.00 an hour

Department Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

Applied online and few days later got an email to schedule a phone interview. For ex. you scheduled your appt at 10am. So basicall they will call btw 10am -12pm. I never recieved that phone call. There is no call back number. Im already employeed but curious what they have to offer but what made it fustrating was their unprofessionalism for unable to follow there own recruiting system and waisting my time while who ever suppose to call me was getting paid.

Interview Questions
    • Sorry we are so unprofessional. We sent you 2 reminders about your phone interview appt time and we the one that forgot about it. With so many application submitted we believe all are associate are replaceable. So for us not calling you .. we could careless. Do you concur?   View Answer

Lack of communication and professionalism.

OPEN -- Hiring for All Positions for the Season Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

I applied on-line for "Seasonal Rotating Sales and Support" on October 20 and received a confirmation email the SAME DAY. I was invited to participate in a group interview and there were two options for the day of the interview--I chose the first day (as it's important to make a first impression).

Interview Questions
    • N/A -- I found all of the questions to be easy and "typical" for retail. The only part I found taxing was be asked the same question in different ways and by two interviewers. What took 90-minutes could have been done in 30 to 40 minutes max. Future Candidates: Eat a big breakfast, dress professionally, smile, and have a flexible schedule. My schedule with school and another job may not warrant my receiving a call back and an offer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Applied online. Set up a phone interview 1 week later which went very well. Had back to back in store interviews with assistant and head manager. The interview went very well to my knowledge. They give you a lot of information if you are looking to move up in the company. Also give any other career help they can.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I applied online and a few hours later received an email setting up a phone interview. I scheduled it a couple of days later. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and then I was set up for an in-store interview with the store manager scheduled two days later. I decided to cancel the in-store interview because I knew that the hours they required would not work with my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize your time in the store when you have to organize while there are many shoppers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I submitted my application online & a few days later received a message to set up a phone interview with an HR representative. The interviewer called me within an hour of the allotted time frame, which the phone call lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked to go through my work experience and asked a few questions about team work and customer service. I then was scheduled an interview 3 days later for an in person interview at the store. The dept. manager was very nice and made me feel comfortable & was given a tour of the store. I was asked about 10 questions relating to customer situations. I then was interviewed by the store manager whom asked similar questions and went over their experience at the store. Overall it was a good interview experience. I was told I would hear back early the following week and I did!