Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied on the nordstrom website a few days after the actual job was posted. I then got an email about a week later for a video interview. It asked five questions, which you have one minute to answer for each question. Some questions were about 30 seconds. The whole video interview took about ten minutes. A few days after that, I got another email for an in-person interview at the location. A number was provided to schedule an interview and when I called I was given the option to choose which store I wanted to work at. I went in for the interview later that week and it took about an hour. I was also given a tour of the store. The questions here really helped prepare me for both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is engaged service?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you deal with them? What were the outcomes?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a rewards card?   Answer Question

Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online & got an email to schedule an over the phone interview, which was very simple & only lasted 10 minutes. The lady scheduled me for an in person interview & told me to provide more info online. I got to the interview 15-20 minutes early & I was told to wait in the break room. I was first interviewed by the HR manager who was really easy to talk to & then by the floor manager who was very direct & was no bs, but still really nice. I remember fumbling on one of the questions but I remained very relaxed & really tried to explain myself in all of the questions. The floor manager gave me her card & told me to wait 7-10 days but I got a call 4 days later asking if I would be open to working in shoes instead of cashier bc there were no positions & I said yes. Two days later I got the job & I'm waiting for another call for my schedule :). This is my first job, but my advice is to remain confident & don't get flustered by the questions especially if you're being interviewed by a woman. Also make yourself seem really available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a lasting relationship with someone you just met?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize your tasks during a time of heavy foot traffic?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above & beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for retail sales/customer service however I was referred to shoes. I applied online & did the assessment test (behavior questions) & I received a email the next day inviting me to a phone interview. I set the time I would like to be interviewed & waited. Nordstrom has all prospective employees do a phone interview first. The phone interview was simple, I was only asked 4 typical retail questions and after I was invited to a face to face interview in store with the manager of the shoe department. Face to face interview was simple, just a bunch of describe a time whens. I was told to wait for a phone call so I'm waiting, wish me luck.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to first have a phone interview that only asked 5 questions that lasted ten minutes. After that I had an in person interview with the store manager and she asked very common interview questions then I spoke with the shoes and accessories managers and her questions were pretty much the same.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process is fun and enjoyable. I first had the phone interview with the HR, the next day I was schedule to have an in-person interview with my department manager. She was extremely nice and bubbly. The second interview was taken place at the same day with the customer service manager. He basically asked me the same questions as my first interview. Exactly one week later, I've got a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I filled out the online application form. Within a few days I got an email to schedule a phone interview with the corporate team. The interview was only about 5 minutes on the phone. She was very nice to me and I got a second interview with my local store. I am still waiting to hear back from the store manager to confirm that interview. So I don't know if I got the job yet.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a successful team you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for the customer.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you manage your time in a fast paced environment? How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Very quick process. I filled out an app on Sunday, was sent an email to set up phone interview about 30 min later. Phone interview was for The following Monday and went really smooth and quick. At the end of the phone interview I was offered an opportunity to interview face to face the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied last Saturday and received an email to set up a phone interview on the following Monday. The phone interview went pretty well, they asked pretty much the basic interview retail questions. When I went in for the face-to-face interview at the store, it was just as easy as the phone interview and they asked the same questions from the phone interview. I'm still waiting to hear back from them but, I think I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you demonstrated good customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

There was an online application that I filled out first. It was a pretty standard app. After that, received an email for a phone screening. This took about 10 minutes and asked some pretty basic straight-forward questions. The person doing the phone screening then told me to come in for an interview the next day. (Apparently phone screeners don't operate from within the individual stores either, he was located in Seattle or something.) Afterwards, I was went to the in person interview. It was a super busy store so I assume they're constantly looking for people. The interview itself went pretty well, most questions they ask can be found on here and the rest are generally standard retail/customer-focused questions. My interviewer was also very nice and seemed passionate about the company. Have another interview with the store manager the following day.

Interview Questions

Didn't receive offer yet.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Phila, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within two days I was notified about the availability of a phone scree I scheduled the interview for the following Monday (beware there is a two hour time hold). When they called they asked basic retail questions mainly about experience/ why Nordstrom (The questions on here were extremely helpful). After about 10 minutes she said she would have liked to schedule me for a one on one interview but there were no longer positions available at the location I applied for. That was kind of upsetting, but she said they will keep my profile on file until the end of the quarter.