Nordstrom Rack

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

I applied online and interviewed in a group interview setting. I was applying for a new store opening so the process was a little different. I was interviewed by two different managers and asked which department I thought I'd like to work in.

Seasonal Rover Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in November 2014.

I first answered an online application where I had to answer about 50 questions or so that asked what I would do in certain situations and how I would rate my abilities when compared to others. A few days after submitting this online application I received an email inviting me to participate in the "open interviews" that were occurring about two weeks later or so. I had that interview this past Tuesday where I was asked a series of questions

Interview Questions
    • Nordstrom Rack is a very past paced environment. Please describe a time when you had to work in -a fast-paced environment and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Very quick process. I applied online and a few hours letter received an e-mail for a phone interview. I set up the phone interview for two days later. I'm not sure if it's b/c it's seasonal, or b/c I have some retail experience, but when the interviewer called me she said I would go directly to the in person interview. I had the in-person interview which was very casual, but if you read all the interview reviews here it's easy to prepare. They will ask you about yourself and your experience and a lot of the questions are situational to see how you have dealt with customers in the past and how you would deal with them in the store.

I was told I would hear back within 5-6 days, and I got a call 3 days later to set up a 2nd interview with the store manager. The questions were similar and this interview was shorter. I was told they would be making a decision in the next two days. I received a call the following day with an offer.

Tips: PREPARE!! Do research on the store, be enthusiastic and authentic. Dress professionally.

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I completed the online application with screening test. The next day I got an email about scheduling a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview we set up a time for the in-store interview, and a few days after the interview I got a call with a job offer. It was a very efficient and pleasant experience!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

applied online, about a week, asked you schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview, the person schedule you a store manager interview. If you didn't hear them for a week, that means you probably not fit for the position. I was interviewed once in person with store manager then interviewed one more time with different department manager

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but you really need to know what they are looking for. try to talk more during the conversation   Answer Question

Nordstrom Rack Store Manager Interview

it was interesting very polite they got straight to the point on the phone interview this site was very helpful i dont know what else to say they said 50 word minimm but they are effficent on how fast they get back to you you willl know everything in a 2 week processs

hours weren't right

Seasonal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

Applied online, received an e-mail within minutes inviting me for an interview, I replied and was ready for my interview. When I arrived at the store the manager had no idea there was interviews being held that day. She looked very confused and unprepared. After seating down for a while of waiting for her not knowing where she had gone I decided it was best to leave since I am a student and didn't attend school for and interview that was a waist of time. I find it very disrespecting to invite someone for an interview and then not know when they are to be there or for what position. The store looked old and very dirty, the staff was friendly yet very uncoordinated. I was expecting to see everyone with uniforms, hair styled and nice makeup yet all I saw was tired faces with no makeup and the uniform was horrible since it's not well coordinated. If I would have known that Nordstrom was this unprepared I would have never applied.

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

there were two different interviews. asked a lot of questions about "what would you do?". "how would you handle the situation". "what are your goals?". "why nordstrom rack?" both interviews together took almost an hour. but idk if it always takes an hour or if they loved me so much they wanted to keep talking with me. my only suggestion is be confident. act as though you already have the job. they seemed to have loved how confident I was in myself.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do?". "how would you handle the situation". "what are your goals?". "why nordstrom rack?"   View Answer
    it took them forever to finally call me back (little less than a week but felt like forever). I told them I got offered another job and if I could have the weekend to think about it (especially since they took forever to offer me a job) surprising though, I applied for cashier and they offered me instead to work in women's apparel. which means they really liked me. I was offered $10.46. I'm going to see if they'll raise it up a bit when I call on Monday. I just have to be sure not to get too greedy since I'm already making them wait the weekend.

Seasonal Rover Interview

Applied online, they emailed me back next day for an instore interview a week later. then it took them alost 2 weeks to call, but they finally did and i excepted

Nordstrom Rack Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

I FINALLY heard back from the Administrative Clerk TODAY, 13 November--RIDICULOUS! My interview was October 27. For me, the process began with a group interview. The manager of the store went through basic introductions, then, each candidate was paired with a department manager (e.g. shoes, mens, children). I was asked to stay for a second interview after the interview w/my preferred department manager. I received a tour of the store by the same second interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. I am simply following-up with this review; I had written it on October 27.   Answer Question