Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions

2.4

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I completed the online application with screening test. The next day I got an email about scheduling a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview we set up a time for the in-store interview, and a few days after the interview I got a call with a job offer. It was a very efficient and pleasant experience!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

applied online, about a week, asked you schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview, the person schedule you a store manager interview. If you didn't hear them for a week, that means you probably not fit for the position. I was interviewed once in person with store manager then interviewed one more time with different department manager

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but you really need to know what they are looking for. try to talk more during the conversation   Answer Question

Nordstrom Rack Store Manager Interview

it was interesting very polite they got straight to the point on the phone interview this site was very helpful i dont know what else to say they said 50 word minimm but they are effficent on how fast they get back to you you willl know everything in a 2 week processs

hours weren't right

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

Received an email for a phone interview two days after I completed the application. Phone interview went great. After the phone interview I was scheduled to meet the store manager a few days later for a second interview. He was extremely nice and informative. He told me if he is satisfied with our interview he will give me a call in a few days to have another meeting with the department manager. If he decided to go with another applicant he will call me also. So after the meeting with the store manager on Friday, I received a call from the department manager on Monday asking me to come in the following day to meet with him. That interview also went great and he said I would hear back from them in a week. A week later the department manager called me offering me the position

Interview Questions
    No. The pay that was offered was $11.20 which I thought was amazing being that I'm coming from Macy's that only paid $8.00 an hour

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Applied online. Set up a phone interview 1 week later which went very well. Had back to back in store interviews with assistant and head manager. The interview went very well to my knowledge. They give you a lot of information if you are looking to move up in the company. Also give any other career help they can.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I applied online and a few hours later received an email setting up a phone interview. I scheduled it a couple of days later. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and then I was set up for an in-store interview with the store manager scheduled two days later. I decided to cancel the in-store interview because I knew that the hours they required would not work with my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize your time in the store when you have to organize while there are many shoppers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I submitted my application online & a few days later received a message to set up a phone interview with an HR representative. The interviewer called me within an hour of the allotted time frame, which the phone call lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked to go through my work experience and asked a few questions about team work and customer service. I then was scheduled an interview 3 days later for an in person interview at the store. The dept. manager was very nice and made me feel comfortable & was given a tour of the store. I was asked about 10 questions relating to customer situations. I then was interviewed by the store manager whom asked similar questions and went over their experience at the store. Overall it was a good interview experience. I was told I would hear back early the following week and I did!

Management Interview

Interview with two managers and asked a series of questions about servicing the customers. Experience you may have that pertains to servicing the customer. Availability is not important, they just want you to basically open accounts.

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I applied online and after approx. a week I got a call from HR. I had a phone interview with a few general questions about my knowledge of the company and customer service.Then,I got scheduled for an interview in person first with the HR representative and then with the store manager.They both asked similar questions like "why do you want to work at Nordstrom?" The HR representative had a lot more question regarding qualifications and work history.You had to show your best with her in order to move up and have an interview with the store manager.The interviews were casual and friendly which allowed me to relax and be myself. The store manager was very polite and informative. He took great time to talk about the company, its values and its culture. He also shared his own development within the company which showed how passionate he his work. Finally, he gave me a tour of the store and an overview of much of the store procedures.
    I got call that same afternoon with an offer. I accepted and was soon scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are the best person for this position?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in September 2014.

Applied online at Nordstrom Careers site. The next day I received an email to schedule a phone interview. A few days later, Nordstrom HR called and had a 10 minute interview where she asked why I wanted to work for Nordstrom. The questions were basic interview questions. She then said that she would schedule an interview with the manager of my department. I went to the interview a few days later. The manager asked interview questions that were based off my past experience and situational to the position I applied for. She then asked me to come in the next day to meet with the store manager. I met with another manager and she asked questions that dealt with how I handle difficult situations and also customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Nordstrom has a policy that allows customers to return items in any condition. Many times our employees have trouble accepting returns that have obviously been used. How would you react if a customer came to return an item that has obviously been worn?   View Answer
    The manager I had my last interview said I should receive a call within the next 4 days. I received a call on the 3rd day and accepted the offer.