Nordstrom Rack

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.4

Service Experience Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

After applying online, I received an email telling me how to set up a phone interview. Once I chose my date and time I then received an email confirming my interview appointment. The phone interview took less than 10 minutes. After being interviewed i was told to pick a day and time for my in person interview.

Stock Team Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I was interviewed by one person on the phon and two people in person. Super easy. Although they didn't give me the position I ended up being as a rover.

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Hiring process took about two weeks. First interview and second interview took place on the same day. The managers and department managers were very laid back. They asked pretty much basic questions about work history and scenarios.

Womens Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I went and applied for the job online, had a phone interview , received an email to come in for an interview, and was contacted a week later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you gave the best customer service?   Answer Question
    I was told how much I was going to make

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in January 2015.

I applied online and got an email a couple days later to set up a phone interview. Right after the phone interview, I had two in-person interviews on two separate days. One was with the department manager and the other was with the store manager. After my last interview my references were contacted and I was offered the job that same day! Overall the interview process was very professional and the managers were extremely nice.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in December 2014.

After completing an online job application, I was contacted about 2-3 days later via email to schedule an in person interview. During the interview, there were two; one with a customer service manager and another with a department manager. They asked some general questions: Why nordstrom rack? Have you been in _____ situations, how did you handle it? Also some questions about being a leader. If you know your past experiences really well it'll really help with questions. They basically are all about customer service so they asked a lot about how you went above & beyond to help someone in the pass, or how would you. Also about their reward program & how you'd get a customer to sign up for it.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were a leader and had to make a tough decision, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

I applied online and interviewed in a group interview setting. I was applying for a new store opening so the process was a little different. I was interviewed by two different managers and asked which department I thought I'd like to work in.

Seasonal Rover Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in November 2014.

I first answered an online application where I had to answer about 50 questions or so that asked what I would do in certain situations and how I would rate my abilities when compared to others. A few days after submitting this online application I received an email inviting me to participate in the "open interviews" that were occurring about two weeks later or so. I had that interview this past Tuesday where I was asked a series of questions

Interview Questions
    • Nordstrom Rack is a very past paced environment. Please describe a time when you had to work in -a fast-paced environment and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Very quick process. I applied online and a few hours letter received an e-mail for a phone interview. I set up the phone interview for two days later. I'm not sure if it's b/c it's seasonal, or b/c I have some retail experience, but when the interviewer called me she said I would go directly to the in person interview. I had the in-person interview which was very casual, but if you read all the interview reviews here it's easy to prepare. They will ask you about yourself and your experience and a lot of the questions are situational to see how you have dealt with customers in the past and how you would deal with them in the store.

I was told I would hear back within 5-6 days, and I got a call 3 days later to set up a 2nd interview with the store manager. The questions were similar and this interview was shorter. I was told they would be making a decision in the next two days. I received a call the following day with an offer.

Tips: PREPARE!! Do research on the store, be enthusiastic and authentic. Dress professionally.

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I completed the online application with screening test. The next day I got an email about scheduling a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview we set up a time for the in-store interview, and a few days after the interview I got a call with a job offer. It was a very efficient and pleasant experience!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question