Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.4

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Filled out an app online and they sent me an email setting up a time for a phone interview. Set it up and they called within the time period they said. Phone interview went well and they called me a week later to set up an in person interview. That interview went well also.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

There were four assistant managers and one manager; they each took turns asking question. There were four applicants in a group interview; we each took turns answering the same questions. There were mainly behavioral questions which required a Situation, Task, Action, and Results (STAR) response. The managers wanted to have the applicants give examples of how they performed theirs responsibilities. All in all, it was a productive interview, if you were prepared.

Interview Questions
    • How do you perform your job under stress?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation for the wage.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in March 2015.

Applied online got an email two days later asking to set up an appointment for a 10 min phone interview, at the end of the interview I got asked to set up a day to meet the department hiring manager for my second interview. I'm hoping the second interview goes just as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to work for Nordstrom?
      Tell me about the time you showed outstanding customer service?
      Tell me about the time you worked in a group setting? And how was it successful?
      What are your strengths in helping customers?
      How do you work under stress?
      How do you prioritize tasks?
      What is your availability?

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Applied Online, Received a phone call to set up an interview, waited about a week and a half to hear back and was offered the job. The interview process was somewhat laid back, I interviewed with the store manager and she was really nice, then I followed up with a second interview immediately following the first with another department manager and lastly, took a tour of the store with the other potential candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you set a goal for yourself? Did you accomplish it or not?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Quick, easy going,straight forward, overall neutral.Meet with the manager for the depatment that I would work for. Asked questions, told me about the position, And gave a break down on what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company
      How would you deal with a unsatisfied customer

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in March 2015.

Got a phone interview screening a few weeks after I applied. Got asked my availability, customer service questions, then set up a date for in-store interview. Interview went well, I came prepared and researched the questions and what to say. Manager said he would call me back monday and he still hasn't called. 1 week has gone by and im gonna follow up asking if they are still in hiring process...

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you provided leadership skills on a project   Answer Question

Retail Sales and Service Experience Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in March 2015.

I scheduled a phone interview, and they give you a two-hour window during which they are supposed to call. I waited....and waited....and received no call during that time period. After about two and a half hours I finally received a call from the recruiting department, apologizing that their computer system had been down. She asked me my availability, and when I said that I could not start until summer (as I am a student), she said the interview could not continue because they were looking to hire people right away. This "phone interview" did not last more than five minutes. The woman conducting the interview advised that I apply for a position closer to when I would be available for the summer. She was very polite, but I still felt let down by Nordstrom's hiring process/customer service. Waiting over two hours for the phone call was frustrating as I am a busy student who set aside time specifically for the interview, and I wish they would have taken a few moments to look over my resume and see that I am a student who will not be available until the summer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Nordstrom Rack?
      What is your availability?

Sales Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Applied online for a new store opening, got an email the next day for a group interview that was scheduled in a two weeks. Since it was a new store opening, the interview was held in a meeting room at a local hotel. You walk in, say hello to everybody and sit down. When everybody arrives, the managers introduce themselves and talk about what they do for the company. After that, you watch a video about Nordstrom and what its really all about. When the video is over, a manager talks to you one on one (depending on which department you applied for) and you do that twice.

Retail Sales and Service Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in March 2015.

Submitted an application online through the Nordstrom website. Got an email to schedule a phone interview a couple of days later. Completed the phone interview where I was asked a couple of basic questions. It took about 10 -15 minutes. Was then asked to schedule an in-person interview at the store. Went to the store the next day for the interview. Consisted of several questions, some of which were similar to the ones asked during the phone interview. Then was given a tour of the specific department by the manager. It has been a couple of weeks since the interview and I haven't heard anything about the position. But I was assured when I called the store that I should hear something soon and that they just have a lot of applicants to go through.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to work as a part of a team and what role you played on the team.   Answer Question

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I applied two times. The first time it was just a phone interview. I did not pass because of my availability. The second interview was in person. I had a interview with three of the department managers.