Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online, was called for a phone interview. That went well, so I was scheduled to an in-person interview. When I got there and was interviewed by a manager and then he brought in another manager to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Why I didn't want to work for regular Nordstrom   1 Answer

Stock Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Buffalo, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I first found out about the new store opening on Craigslist and they had a link to the website so I applied online. I received an email the next day for me to schedule a day and time for an in-person interview (no phone interview because it was a new store I guess) The closest interview date I could get was a month later. The day finally arrived and it was a group interview with 9 of use total. We met the managers, including store manager, and was told we would watch a video and that we would have 2 interviews. The first interview was mainly going over my resume and I was asked about my education, why I wanted to work there, and some behavioral questions. Then he pulled out some papers that I read that explained the job duties for both stock and sales. After that he asked me if I had any questions and I just asked if the sales position was commission and he said it wasn't. Then for the second interview, it was all behavioral questions. It was like a 2 hour process. 3 days later I received an email asking to submit more information and that they were gonna conduct a background check and 3 days after that I received a call from the stock manager with the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was upset and how did you fix it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to persuade others.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were apart of a team and you had a goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied on the nordstrom website a few days after the actual job was posted. I then got an email about a week later for a video interview. It asked five questions, which you have one minute to answer for each question. Some questions were about 30 seconds. The whole video interview took about ten minutes. A few days after that, I got another email for an in-person interview at the location. A number was provided to schedule an interview and when I called I was given the option to choose which store I wanted to work at. I went in for the interview later that week and it took about an hour. I was also given a tour of the store. The questions here really helped prepare me for both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is engaged service?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you deal with them? What were the outcomes?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a rewards card?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, but it was my first job interview ever. When I went to check in at 15 minutes before the interview, the manager that was supposed to interview me was not available and I had to interview with a different manager. She asked me to tell her about myself, then she told me about herself. Then she asked about three questions and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work at the Rack?   1 Answer

Sales Associate- Rack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

relatively simple process. I applied online. The next day i received an email for a digital interview. The following day I received an email to schedule an in person interview at the location of my choosing. I had an interview with the manager of accessories, than with the store manager. They love energetic people with retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a disgruntled customer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Rack) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Leandro, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted the next day for a video interview and approximately 2 days later I was informed of their decision. The video interview consist of 5 pre-recorded questions that they provide for you and you have to record yourself in a timely matter for your response.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process is fun and enjoyable. I first had the phone interview with the HR, the next day I was schedule to have an in-person interview with my department manager. She was extremely nice and bubbly. The second interview was taken place at the same day with the customer service manager. He basically asked me the same questions as my first interview. Exactly one week later, I've got a job offer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to first have a phone interview that only asked 5 questions that lasted ten minutes. After that I had an in person interview with the store manager and she asked very common interview questions then I spoke with the shoes and accessories managers and her questions were pretty much the same.

Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online & got an email to schedule an over the phone interview, which was very simple & only lasted 10 minutes. The lady scheduled me for an in person interview & told me to provide more info online. I got to the interview 15-20 minutes early & I was told to wait in the break room. I was first interviewed by the HR manager who was really easy to talk to & then by the floor manager who was very direct & was no bs, but still really nice. I remember fumbling on one of the questions but I remained very relaxed & really tried to explain myself in all of the questions. The floor manager gave me her card & told me to wait 7-10 days but I got a call 4 days later asking if I would be open to working in shoes instead of cashier bc there were no positions & I said yes. Two days later I got the job & I'm waiting for another call for my schedule :). This is my first job, but my advice is to remain confident & don't get flustered by the questions especially if you're being interviewed by a woman. Also make yourself seem really available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a lasting relationship with someone you just met?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize your tasks during a time of heavy foot traffic?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above & beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for retail sales/customer service however I was referred to shoes. I applied online & did the assessment test (behavior questions) & I received a email the next day inviting me to a phone interview. I set the time I would like to be interviewed & waited. Nordstrom has all prospective employees do a phone interview first. The phone interview was simple, I was only asked 4 typical retail questions and after I was invited to a face to face interview in store with the manager of the shoe department. Face to face interview was simple, just a bunch of describe a time whens. I was told to wait for a phone call so I'm waiting, wish me luck.