Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Referred me to the actual Nordstrom as a seasonal associate. Expected at least a year-long commitment, which I could not provide. I was looking for a summer-time position. Nonetheless, the woman was super nice-- just wish I had not wasted my time applying when there were not positions available for the time frame I was looking at.

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online & the next day I was scheduled for a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty simple & lasted for about 10 minutes. Was instantly told to come in for an in-store interview. Haven't had that interview yet.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom Rack instead of Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Fresno, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then I was called in for a in person, one on one interview. The interview was straightforward and I felt like I answered all the questions very well. The phone interview and in person interview questions are quite similar. However, they decided to proceed with a more qualified candidate. At the end of the interview, the interviewer gave me a full tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom Rack?
      Why should we hire you?
      Tell me about a time you worked in a team?
      Tell me about a time you worked under pressure?
      What skills do you have that would apply to this position?
      Do you feel comfortable selling credit cards?
      Do you know what Nordstrom values the most?

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

If they're interested, they will contact you via email for a phone interview. The woman that interviewed was really nice and asked simple questions like, "Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?". After the last question she told me to go through my employment history and scheduled me for an in person interview the following week. I'm not the best with in person interviews and tend to get a little nervous but the manager was one of the friendliest I have ever met and she seemed so passionate about her job. The questions she asked were the same as the ones asked in the phone interview. After the interview I had a tour of the store and met some of the fellow employees. I was told that I would get a call by the end of next week and I got a call on Thursday for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you want above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple first a phone interview, then and in person interview. You meet with a department manager and then a store manager. Very professional and comfortable, had my interview on a Monday and was told I'd hear back no later than the next Wednesday, that's tomorrow and I haven't heard anything. Called to follow up but no answer, Interview went great but I guess we'll see.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Filled out an app online and they sent me an email setting up a time for a phone interview. Set it up and they called within the time period they said. Phone interview went well and they called me a week later to set up an in person interview. That interview went well also.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

There were four assistant managers and one manager; they each took turns asking question. There were four applicants in a group interview; we each took turns answering the same questions. There were mainly behavioral questions which required a Situation, Task, Action, and Results (STAR) response. The managers wanted to have the applicants give examples of how they performed theirs responsibilities. All in all, it was a productive interview, if you were prepared.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform your job under stress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for the wage.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Quick, easy going,straight forward, overall neutral.Meet with the manager for the depatment that I would work for. Asked questions, told me about the position, And gave a break down on what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company
      How would you deal with a unsatisfied customer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Applied Online, Received a phone call to set up an interview, waited about a week and a half to hear back and was offered the job. The interview process was somewhat laid back, I interviewed with the store manager and she was really nice, then I followed up with a second interview immediately following the first with another department manager and lastly, took a tour of the store with the other potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you set a goal for yourself? Did you accomplish it or not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Temecula, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online got an email two days later asking to set up an appointment for a 10 min phone interview, at the end of the interview I got asked to set up a day to meet the department hiring manager for my second interview. I'm hoping the second interview goes just as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work for Nordstrom?
      Tell me about the time you showed outstanding customer service?
      Tell me about the time you worked in a group setting? And how was it successful?
      What are your strengths in helping customers?
      How do you work under stress?
      How do you prioritize tasks?
      What is your availability?