Nordstrom Rack

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.2

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Phone interview was really fast! 10 min. They asked basic questions and scheduled me with the hiring manager in store. It's helpuful to read more about interview process but if you have experience in customer service, than its really easy!

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in February 2015.

I applied online. The process took a couple of days. I was notified via email to schedule a phone interview. That day I was nervous a bit 'cause I don't have a customer service experience, but the interview went great. They asked basic questions like why did you choose Nordstrom Rack..? The next step is going to be an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nordstrom Rack is a very past paced environment. Please describe a time when you had to work in -a fast-paced environment and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in January 2015.

The interview was shorter than I expected. I first interview with an HR rep for 10 minutes and then a department manager for 10-15 minutes. HR rep asked basic questions about your experience in retail. Department manager went more in-depth with the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    I had waited 3+ weeks for a call back and no, at that point I did not negotiate. I can negotiate during orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

Received an email for a phone interview two days after I completed the application. Phone interview went great. After the phone interview I was scheduled to meet the store manager a few days later for a second interview. He was extremely nice and informative. He told me if he is satisfied with our interview he will give me a call in a few days to have another meeting with the department manager. If he decided to go with another applicant he will call me also. So after the meeting with the store manager on Friday, I received a call from the department manager on Monday asking me to come in the following day to meet with him. That interview also went great and he said I would hear back from them in a week. A week later the department manager called me offering me the position

Interview Questions
    No. The pay that was offered was $11.20 which I thought was amazing being that I'm coming from Macy's that only paid $8.00 an hour

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

I applied online and after approx. a week I got a call from HR. I had a phone interview with a few general questions about my knowledge of the company and customer service.Then,I got scheduled for an interview in person first with the HR representative and then with the store manager.They both asked similar questions like "why do you want to work at Nordstrom?" The HR representative had a lot more question regarding qualifications and work history.You had to show your best with her in order to move up and have an interview with the store manager.The interviews were casual and friendly which allowed me to relax and be myself. The store manager was very polite and informative. He took great time to talk about the company, its values and its culture. He also shared his own development within the company which showed how passionate he his work. Finally, he gave me a tour of the store and an overview of much of the store procedures.
    I got call that same afternoon with an offer. I accepted and was soon scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are the best person for this position?   Answer Question

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in September 2014.

I applied online and roughly 2 weeks after my application was submitted, I was contacted by Nordstrom HR to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled it for the following Monday. The phone interview was just some basic questions, more like a screening. I was then asked to schedule a face to face interview with the manager at my local Nordstrom Rack. I went to the interview dressed in business professional attire. I interviewed with the manager and the supervisor. The manager gave me a tour of the store and asked more standard interview questions. The supervisor asked more in-depth questions about my skills and experience and gave me an overview of the company. I was given a call the following Monday with an offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in July 2014.

Phone interview first, followed by a 1:1 in the store the next day. I was unimpressed with both experiences as they were both less than 10-12 minutes involving about 10 questions, plus explanations of the job role, schedule, history of the store, etc. I don't feel like quality responses can be assessed in 15 seconds. Especially when the question is "walk me through your employment history." I felt they were seeking generic "stock" answers rather my honest responses.

Interview Questions
    • Traditional retail interview questions, nothing unexpected: Dealing with difficult customers, explanation of short-term goals, why Nordstrom, etc. They did ask if I was familiar with the history of the store, and I was (I read the wiki before I went in), but I didn't feel like saying no would've had a negative impact on the interview.   Answer Question

Far better opportunity. I did not want to work retail.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2013.

I applied to the Rotating Sales and Support Associate position at Nordstrom Rack September 24, 2013. I received an email to schedule a phone interview September 25, 2013. I had the phone interview with Nordstrom Recruiting September 26, 2013 and scheduled an interview at Nordstrom Rack October 1, 2013. I had the interview with a manager at Nordstrom Rack October 1, 2013. I received a call from the manager at Nordstrom Rack October 15, 2013 that said I was "denied" from the job because I have an online business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom Rack in September 2013.

applied online, got a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes, 2 days after had a face to interview with the store manager. said the would call me in 2 days, got a call back in 3 days and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, pay is very good.

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. Interview went really well and she was easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when.........(They want a specific scenario or they will keep asking)   Answer Question