Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom
- Sales Associate (373)
- Commissioned Sales Associate (104)
- Intern (57)
- Retail Sales Associate (52)
- Cosmetics Counter Manager (32)
- Retail Management (24)
- Department Manager (16)
- Customer Service Representative (16)
- Barista (14)
- Salesperson (14)
- Sales Person (13)
- Retail Associate (13)
- Cosmetic Sales Associate (12)
- Retail Management Internship (12)
- Nordstrom Sales Associate (11)
- Beauty Advisor (11)
- Cosmetics Sales Associate (10)
- Sales Representative (10)
- Retail Management Intern (8)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (8)
- Cashier (7)
- Customer Service Specialist (7)
- Loss Prevention Agent (7)
- Inventory Processor (7)
- Retail Sales Intern (7)
- Accessories Sales Associate (6)
- Retail Sales (6)
- Seasonal Cashier (6)
- Visual Stylist (6)
- Sales (6)
Restaurant Cashier Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Nordstrom (Troy, MI) in January 2013.
All initial applications are online. I submitted the application and fortunately had a friend who had previously worked in the restaurant, so I asked him to put in a good word for me. I received an email requesting information for a background check (bypassing the typical initial over-the-phone interview.) That was a Thursday, and on the following Monday, I received a call to set up the interview. I interviewed Tuesday, it was very short and to the point. I was asked about the importance of customer service and a few questions about my previous jobs and experience. Everything went smoothly and I was told I'd be given an answer within the week. I received a call that Thursday and was offered the job.
- There really wasn't. Like I said, the whole interview process was very quick, just make sure you stress the importance of customer service, no matter what department you may be interviewing for. Answer Question
No pay negotiation was needed. Nordstrom pays competitively and I was willing to accept their wage offer.
Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom
Restaurant Cashier InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2012.
A week after I applied, the manager called and asked if I was still interested in the position...of course I said yes. So 11/3, I went in for the interview. I interviewed with the assistant manager first, and he talked to his boss after our mini interview, then the general manager came out to interview me. The interview went a few minutes over (someone was waiting to be interviewed after me). I believe it went well. I hope I get the job....its such a classy atmosphere.
Got the call I've been waiting on! The job offer!!! Orientation is in 2 days. This just made my day....now hopefully my background comes back clear!
YAAAYYYY background came back good (what a RELIEF)! I did my new hire paperwork online, which was sent to me via email and I filled everything out electronically. The new hire orientation is tomorrow and I'm definitely looking forward to being a part of such a distinctive company!!
- Do you like to smile? What does customer service mean to you? Answer Question
No negotiation....I've accepted the pay. Hopefully I can get a raise soon though.