Nordstrom Restaurant Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Restaurant Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2013.

All initial applications are online. I submitted the application and fortunately had a friend who had previously worked in the restaurant, so I asked him to put in a good word for me. I received an email requesting information for a background check (bypassing the typical initial over-the-phone interview.) That was a Thursday, and on the following Monday, I received a call to set up the interview. I interviewed Tuesday, it was very short and to the point. I was asked about the importance of customer service and a few questions about my previous jobs and experience. Everything went smoothly and I was told I'd be given an answer within the week. I received a call that Thursday and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • There really wasn't. Like I said, the whole interview process was very quick, just make sure you stress the importance of customer service, no matter what department you may be interviewing for.   Answer Question
No pay negotiation was needed. Nordstrom pays competitively and I was willing to accept their wage offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Restaurant Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2012.

11/2/2012
    A week after I applied, the manager called and asked if I was still interested in the position...of course I said yes. So 11/3, I went in for the interview. I interviewed with the assistant manager first, and he talked to his boss after our mini interview, then the general manager came out to interview me. The interview went a few minutes over (someone was waiting to be interviewed after me). I believe it went well. I hope I get the job....its such a classy atmosphere.

11/4/2012
    Got the call I've been waiting on! The job offer!!! Orientation is in 2 days. This just made my day....now hopefully my background comes back clear!

11/5/2012
    YAAAYYYY background came back good (what a RELIEF)! I did my new hire paperwork online, which was sent to me via email and I filled everything out electronically. The new hire orientation is tomorrow and I'm definitely looking forward to being a part of such a distinctive company!!

Interview Questions
    • Do you like to smile? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation....I've accepted the pay. Hopefully I can get a raise soon though.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!