Nordstrom Retail Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Online Application, Phone Screening consisted of why I wanted to specifically work for nordstrom, what makes a successful sales person, and pervious sales experience, and in person interview with department manager with situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you went above or beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Natick, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted first by Nordstrom HR by phone where they asked a series of questions regarding why I wanted to work at Nordstrom and asked for examples of how i have dealt with a difficult situation in a workplace and how would I see myself working in a competetive sales environment. I was then called to interview in person where similar questions where asked. I was referred to a department manager where they asked similar screening questions and then asked questions geared towards selling and what additional things I would do to generate sales in the department and then onto role play a selling scenario in the department.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you overcame a conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I filled out the application online, spoke to the department manager and set up in interview. I then ended up meeting with the apartment assistant manager for a one-on-one interview. Pay for the position was 100% commission. After the interview, I was taken to the department to see the area and introduced to the manager. I was then given a scenario (a woman shopping for a weekend in Vegas) to act out.

Interview Questions

• If you failed to reach your sales goals for a certain day, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Nordstrom sets up a phone interview first. They will ask about your previous retail experience and what areas of retail you work best in. If they like you, I guess, they will ask you on the spot to come in to one of two interviews. One with the department manager and second with the store manager. Nordstrom managers love personality, knowledge of the finest brands, and someone who is all about sales and signing up customers for different programs they offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Durham, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online. I took a personality test. I posted my resume and cover letter. The HR called me a week later then offered an in-person interview. I interviewed with three people in one day.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you had to use your best judgment?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourselve in five years?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I got an email from Nordstrom after 3 days re an interview. I came 20 mins. early and had to wait for a few minutes. The guy asked me situational questions like how do you deal with angry customers, how do you persuade customers etc. He asked me a bunch of questions. He told me to wait outside and after a few mins. A lady interviewed me again. Ask me almost the same questions(20 questions i think). They asked me to wait for a call so i did. They schedule me again for another interview. I met with the supervisor, she told me that i will be assigned in the active wear department, explained the job responsibility. She told me to wait for an email/call after 4 days because they will do background check. They never call so i called them back. The HR told me that i didn't get the job and they decided to continue the hiring process. After i talked to the lady that's the time they sent me an email that i didn't get the job. The next day a lady from HR called me and told me the same thing! Seems like they don't communicate with each other. I was expecting that i will get the job but i didn't =(

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Canoga Park, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online on a Sunday night and got an e-mail response the following Monday morning, requesting a phone interview to be scheduled in two days, on Tuesday. The phone interview was with someone from HR and was lengthy. I was asked questions about customer service, commission and sales experiences. The whole interview process consisted of three interviews, one being a phone interview. The other two were interviews with the HR manager and the department manager. I was asked to tour the department which I applied for and had to demonstrate a sale to the manager, who was pretending to be a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Washington, DC) in March 2008.

Interview

Online aplication. An interview was set up. First interview with Human Resources, right after with Department Manager.There were many questions to evaluate your knowledge in the fashion field. I believe approximately a month later a decision was made.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite designers and fashion periodicals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the position has a pretty specific rate. Once you reach the top pay, no increases unless you become a manager.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

Interview

I just had a phone interview for (originally) personal stylist assistant, but when I got the call they told me the position had already been filled and I could apply for retail sales. I said OK and the interview was really short, about 5 min. She offered me a 1:1 interview in store immediately. I accepted and will be interviewing in early May.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2011.

Interview

I had interviewed on the phone for about 20 minuets. A few days later I had a 1 on 1. I felt it went well but never had a all back