Nordstrom Retail Internship Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Internship Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

After applying for the internship on Nordstrom's website and answering a lengthy behavioral survey, I received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was with an employee in HR and was high level and more like an easy conversation and than a typical interview. My next interview was in person with two people in the store, the HR manager, and an HR employee. The first interview was very situational and behavior-based. Since it was my first dabble in retail, we didn't talk about my past jobs at all, with the exception of me using past experience to answer the behavior questions. I was asked numerous times in different ways how I felt about working on commission and being in sales. They look for enthusiastic responses and a candidate who is driven to work hard and earn more money. I was called back the next day with an offer, which was followed by an email and I accepted. Definitely wear a professional interview outfit since many departments in the store wear professional clothing every day and it is better to err on the side of being conservative if you don't know the area you may be interviewing for.

Interview Questions
The job is commission-based so to make more, you are encouraged to sell more

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Retail Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brea, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2010.

I applied online at nordstrom.com, submitted my resume and did an online personality test. A few days later I received an e-mail from HR saying they liked my information and they would like to set up a phone interview. So I had the phone interview a few days later, and she said I had really good answers. Next, we scheduled an in-person interview. I went in and she asked me behavioral questions, if I was competitive, why I would like working in a diverse environment, what made me an asset to the company, etc. I was also sent to the floor to pick an outfit I loved and sell it to her. It was fun, but I was nervous so I don't think I did as well as I could have. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. She let me know I had a good chance of making it, and that she would contact me between 3/13 and 3/19. That time hasn't come yet so I am anxiously waiting my phone call!

Interview Questions

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!