Nordstrom

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview was a panel, it was fun and easy. Had to tell stories about previous experiences and then had to pretend to sell something to one of the panelists.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you fix it or make it better?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

It started with a couple emails to set up a phone interview. We scheduled the phone interview between 12:00 and 2:00, and the interviewer called at 1:58. The phone interview was pretty easy and typical, asking questions about a leadership role I've had, some past difficulties etc. The phone interviewer liked me, so she immediately offered me an in person interview and we scheduled a time. I went to the Seattle store and had my in person interview, which consisted of me sitting on the other side of the room as three other women, all from the HR department. They seemed to enjoy me, and we connected well. They asked me more in-depth questions that the phone interviewer had asked me, leadership roles, what was a time you dealt with a difficult customer. Then after about 20 minutes, I was taken into another room where I was asked to select an article of clothing and sell it to the personal stylist who was interviewing me. It wasn't just "okay, sell me this." She asked me a series of questions such as, what are three good selling qualities about the article of clothing, how would you approach a customer's hesitations about buying it, and how do you close a sale? She seemed like she understood each of my answers very well and connected well with me, and even said I would be good in "point of view" sales. The whole process took about 30-40 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • Nordstrom doesn't really have rules, they believe if it seemed right at the time then it's okay. How do you feel about this culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

1. Phone Interview - General interview questions
    2. In-Store interview - Due to a scheduling mixup, my group interview became a one-on-one interview. HR manager was great and very easy to talk to. Took about 10 days after my in person interview to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - I was offered the store and department I was hoping for.

Retail Management Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2014.

I had a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. After the call she then asked a time I was able to come in for the interview. I haven't gone in for the in person interview yet but it is scheduled to be a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you took on a leadership position and what did others think about you as a leader?   Answer Question

Retail Management Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2014.

2 interviews. First with corporate then with whatever store you wanted. The corporate one was all basic questions. The lady was monotone and appeared uninterested but at the end said I would be getting a second interview. The second interview was with the store and the lady was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • My second interview had to be a phone interview because I was not in town at the time. I had to sell her an article of clothing over the phone. I felt at a disadvantage because most interviewees are doing this in person.   Answer Question

Retail Management Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

First applied online, then had a phone interview with a headquarters HR representative who offered me a second interview on-the-spot. We scheduled the next interview off of my availability, so a few weeks later. My next interview was with the HR representative of the Nordstrom that I would intern with locally. Despite telling me that I would know a week later regarding my application, I was not contacted regarding my offer until about a month later!

Retail Management Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online - got an email to schedule a phone interview. All questions were situation and behavior related such as "describe a time you were ...." about 5 or so of those.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Nordstrom's hiring process is extremely user friendly and fast-paced. I applied online, had a phone interview the next day, and was in interviewing within the next couple days. I found out I got the internship the following day. Nordstrom prides themselves on an efficient hiring process, not just because turnover is so high within the system, but also to not drag along the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing process was easy- just about competition, leadership and selling skills, and talking basically about yourself. Pretty easy to do that!   Answer Question
    Internship positions have little negotiations.