Nordstrom Retail Management Internship Interview Questions

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I originally applied for the visual stylist internship position with Nordstrom and was sent an email that asked me to choose a time frame for a phone interview. I chose a time and was called within the first 5 minutes of the time frame I chose where I was then asked numerous questions and asked to describe specifics instances when I performed a certain way or how I handled difficult situations. When the interview ended, I was told I was a better fit for the retail management internship program and that they would love me to have me come into the store for a second interview, this time face to face. I arrived and there were 14 other people there interviewing for the exact same position as myself. They placed us all in a room together and called us in one by one into a separate room, where there were 2 HR representatives each at different ends of the room, each with a different potential intern. They asked questions similar to the ones asked in the initial interview, but more about why I felt I'd be a good fit and how I would help their company. The interview finished up by asking to sell an item they chose for me to them, which was awkward and kind of uncomfortable to say the least. Overall, the interview was rather laid back and not too intimidating, but I also felt very prepared and that was probably why I didn't feel it was that bad.

Interview Questions
  • When working with others, how do you handle someone on your team not meeting deadlines and pulling their weight when it is affecting your personal performance and preventing you from doing what you need to do? Describe a time when this happened and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Quick phone interview on background and academics. 2nd interview was a group interview. 3rd interview was one on one with department manager.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to pick out outfit and for interviewer during group interview. 3rd interview consisted of all the same questions from the 2nd interview, with a sales simulation at the end. Asked to pick an item from department and talk about its benefits.   Answer Question

Retail & Management Internship Interview

Phone interview screening and individual face to face panel interview

Applied online, got an email for a phone interview within 2 hours

Retail Management Internship Interview

Applied online at Nordstrom website, got an email about 3 weeks later to set up for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and the woman who interviewed me wanted me to come in for an in person interview. I set that date up and was confirmed with an email as to where this next interview was to take place.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most difficult task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Management Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and received a phone interview about one month later. During the phone interview she asked me how I feel about working commission, why I want to work for Nordstrom and what are my career goals- easy, typical questions.

At the end of the phone interview she told me I have moved on to the next interview. I was scheduled for an in person interview 2 weeks later. There were 3 interviewers (HR manager and two department managers/stylists) as well as another interviewers for the sales demonstration part- they were all very friendly. You could tell that they loved the company that they work for.

They said I would hear back within 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not reach a goal?
      How do you stay up to date with trends?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Retail Management Internship Interview

Apply through internet application. If you make it past that, you will have a phone interview. The phone interview is fairly short and consists of a few behavioral questions and common interview questions. It was not very difficult and it was comfortable. If you make it past that, you will have an interview in person at Nordstrom.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about teamwork. How do you feel working on commission?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2014.

Applied online in early January, received an email about setting up a phone interview for late January. Nordstrom HQ rep called and we spoke for about 10-15 minutes. She then said that they would like to meet me and I agreed to meet in person in 2 weeks. Early in Feb. I met with HR and Managers for the Virginia Beach Nordstrom. It was a group interview with 7 other people. We were individually taken to interview with an HR rep, then do a styling portion with a department Manager (I was in Men's furnishings and had to style a man who was out on the town while on a business trip) then one-on-one with the Store Manager.

Retail & Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

First I got a phone interview and schedule a physical interview at the end of the phone interview. Physical interview at Nordstrom Downtown Seattle with three interviewee. They gave a brief introduction of themselves and started to ask questions on by one. Overall easy process at this stage with general questions and then move on to the second section with the stylist having the mock selling scenario. The stylist was very nice and guided me through the selling process with many information about her preferences. Got the offer through phone call within a month.

Interview Questions
    • There are a;; general questions such as "have you in the leadership position and how do you see yourself in a team" "have you encounter an unsatisfied customer and how did you handle that situation"   Answer Question

Retail Management Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

The first phone interview is very basic. Just asked typical interview questions focused around customer service and sales especially. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes, they basically are looking for you to show interest in sales and explain that you get along really well with people. Be prompt to answer the phone as they will call you on time as well.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to take a leadership role?   Answer Question