Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I originally applied for the visual stylist internship position with Nordstrom and was sent an email that asked me to choose a time frame for a phone interview. I chose a time and was called within the first 5 minutes of the time frame I chose where I was then asked numerous questions and asked to describe specifics instances when I performed a certain way or how I handled difficult situations. When the interview ended, I was told I was a better fit for the retail management internship program and that they would love me to have me come into the store for a second interview, this time face to face. I arrived and there were 14 other people there interviewing for the exact same position as myself. They placed us all in a room together and called us in one by one into a separate room, where there were 2 HR representatives each at different ends of the room, each with a different potential intern. They asked questions similar to the ones asked in the initial interview, but more about why I felt I'd be a good fit and how I would help their company. The interview finished up by asking to sell an item they chose for me to them, which was awkward and kind of uncomfortable to say the least. Overall, the interview was rather laid back and not too intimidating, but I also felt very prepared and that was probably why I didn't feel it was that bad.

Interview Question – When working with others, how do you handle someone on your team not meeting deadlines and pulling their weight when it is affecting your personal performance and preventing you from doing what you need to do? Describe a time when this happened and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Providence, RI

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with basic questions.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for Nordstrom.   Answer Question

Riverside, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview on background and academics. 2nd interview was a group interview. 3rd interview was one on one with department manager.

Interview Question – Asked to pick out outfit and for interviewer during group interview. 3rd interview consisted of all the same questions from the 2nd interview, with a sales simulation at the end. Asked to pick an item from department and talk about its benefits.   Answer Question

Retail Management Internship

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details – The first phone interview is very basic. Just asked typical interview questions focused around customer service and sales especially. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes, they basically are looking for you to show interest in sales and explain that you get along really well with people. Be prompt to answer the phone as they will call you on time as well.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to take a leadership role?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2014.

Interview Details – First I got a phone interview and schedule a physical interview at the end of the phone interview. Physical interview at Nordstrom Downtown Seattle with three interviewee. They gave a brief introduction of themselves and started to ask questions on by one. Overall easy process at this stage with general questions and then move on to the second section with the stylist having the mock selling scenario. The stylist was very nice and guided me through the selling process with many information about her preferences. Got the offer through phone call within a month.

Interview Question – There are a;; general questions such as "have you in the leadership position and how do you see yourself in a team" "have you encounter an unsatisfied customer and how did you handle that situation"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – Phone interview screening and individual face to face panel interview

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email for a phone interview within 2 hours

Interview Question – How do you feel about commission?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – Applied online at Nordstrom website, got an email about 3 weeks later to set up for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and the woman who interviewed me wanted me to come in for an in person interview. I set that date up and was confirmed with an email as to where this next interview was to take place.

Interview Question – What has been your most difficult task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Virginia Beach, VA

Interview Details – Applied online in early January, received an email about setting up a phone interview for late January. Nordstrom HQ rep called and we spoke for about 10-15 minutes. She then said that they would like to meet me and I agreed to meet in person in 2 weeks. Early in Feb. I met with HR and Managers for the Virginia Beach Nordstrom. It was a group interview with 7 other people. We were individually taken to interview with an HR rep, then do a styling portion with a department Manager (I was in Men's furnishings and had to style a man who was out on the town while on a business trip) then one-on-one with the Store Manager.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Retail Management Internship

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone interview about one month later. During the phone interview she asked me how I feel about working commission, why I want to work for Nordstrom and what are my career goals- easy, typical questions.

At the end of the phone interview she told me I have moved on to the next interview. I was scheduled for an in person interview 2 weeks later. There were 3 interviewers (HR manager and two department managers/stylists) as well as another interviewers for the sales demonstration part- they were all very friendly. You could tell that they loved the company that they work for.

They said I would hear back within 3 months.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not reach a goal?
How do you stay up to date with trends?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!