Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process for me started off Rocky, I applied and didn't hear back for about two weeks so I called HR and I was informed she was going through the applications as we speak. So time went on and I didn't hear back so I kept calling and never got any response so I just let it go. So maybe a week after that HR called me and we had a phone interview. A week after that I didn't hear anything so I called back and a manager contacted me two days later. I then had a second phone interview and then was asked to come in for the interview which was on a Thursday. I heard back from Nordstrom Friday and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None. Commission only

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Disorganized. Disrespectful. Flaky. I applied for the hosiery dept. First there was a phone interview. That went well, they asked me to come in. When I got there they said the hosiery job had been filled but would I like to interview for 4 other departments. I said yes, but none of the department managers were available. I was promised a phone call to reschedule. I have to call 4 times before they got back to me. Finally a manager from yet another department interviewed me.

Interview Question – I was asked if I have children, which is an illegal question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly plus negligible commission.

San Francisco, NM

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

Interview Details – Simple retail questions. Asked a lot of scenario based questions since it was my first retail job. "What would you do if..." "How would you handle this..." Oh yeah, there was a role play.

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – I recently had an interview. interview was quick. first it was a phone interview. took about roughly 15 minutes. then I was scheduled for an in store interview at the new location in Brooklyn, NY. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the in store interview. I wasnt asked to sell a product. I was just asked questions about how I can manage to work in a fast past environment. I was not accepted the job because they ARE NOT looking for seasonal, temporary employment. They want employees that are willing to stay their for years to come so they can have a chance at being promoted to the highest position. TOTALLY BIAS.

Interview Question – all questions are straightforward. All about customer service.   Answer Question

Novi, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call a week or 2 later. Got a call from the manager of the department I applied for to schedule an in person interview. Had a one on one interview with the department manager and she asked simple questions about myself and all easy behavioral questions. She then took me around the department and then had to do a mock sale. Lasted about an hour. Got a call a week later and got the job.

Interview Question – All easy questions- most unexpected part of the interview was the mock sale   Answer Question

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied for a Children's Wear position and yet when I arrived to a group interview no one seemed informed of that and department managers with whom we, candidates, spoke individually, had never seen our applications prior.

Interview Question – What issues do you think the customer might point out about this item?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which was a 15 minute phone call in which they asked basic questions about who you are, sales experience etc. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed first with HR, then with the Assistant Manager. The process was easy.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to work in a team and describe the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – I don't remember my interview process. I know that you are initially interviewed by Human Resources. Then they called a manager to meet you. They interviewed me as well. Some of the questions are similar. If that manager didn't need to hire, they would set you up with another manager. After the interview, they will walk you to the floor, and explain it a bit. They will then give you a scenario and ask you to role play by selling them 3 items.

Interview Question – The role play always is a surprise to most people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was usually no negotiation.

Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – HR Pre-Screening by phone consisting of 5-7 basic questions. Next step would be a physical interview with HR again and same questions, then department manager

Interview Question – If you were in x department, how would you start the selling process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on line and within the next couple days I was called and asked to interview.
The HR person seemed a bit inexperienced, but he did get the department manager to interview me on the spot. I thought he not only saw " a great candidate" but he avoided wasting time by doing this. The management was nice.

Interview Question – What is your biggest accomplishment in your life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no problem, except the $9 per hour was not enough for all the retail sales responsibilities and not enough selling time. Also, too many sales people on duty at the same time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.