Nordstrom

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.6

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I filled out an application and a few days later I was called and asked to come in for an interview. I arrived a few minutes early and waited for about 10 minutes and was approached by the women who was interviewing me that day. I followed her into a small office where we took a seat at a small table. She started by asking me about my pervious work experience. Then after a few more questions about myself she told me she was going to ask me a series of questions and I was only allowed to answer yes or no. She asked me some questions and then asked me "Have you ever experienced flow while in a group of coworkers?" I asked her to clarify what she meant by flow. She told me she was not allowed to explain any of the questions and I was only allowed to answer yes or no. I told her I did not understand what she meant by flow so my answer would have to be no. After that I felt like she became a little unpleasant and I did not end up getting hired. I am a Norstrom customer and I've always had a good shopping experience with them. However, I hope their interview process has changed and improved and focuses less on unimportant mind games and more on what the potential employee can bring to the company.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever experienced flow while in a group of coworkers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

I recieved an email to schedule a phone interview the same day that I applied online. I scheduled a phone interview and brainstormed questions, answers, research, etc about the position. The phone interview was less than five minutes. The only questions asked concerned my availability and what department I would like to work in, and then we scheduled an interview in the store for 2 days later. The interview was very simple and brief. I then was asked to pick out different outfits for different scenarios from the department. I interviewed with the department manager- she was very friendly and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you went above and beyond for your manager?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had trouble making your sales goals, and how would you educate yourself on your department?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

It was an ok experience. I meet with the third manager for the final interview and was very distant like she didn't want to be there for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Applied online and the same evening received an email requesting a phone screening. Went in a day later for an in person interview and got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about Nordstrom? Have you shopped here before?   Answer Question
    Negotiations are only given if you have worked in retail before or have customer service experience. I was able to negotiate my pay rate.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got an email shortly after for a phone interview. After phone interview got offered an in person interview, but I ended not making it and never rescheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty simple; why nordstrom? describe a time you failed. stuff like that.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

It was a pretty standard retail interview-my interviewees were very friendly and accommodating. Sales is a plus, or any kind of retail experience. It's purely commission based, so if you're not a good salesperson, I would look elsewhere. I know that some departments are different, like cosmetics, but as far as kids clothing and basic women and men's, prepare to sell! They offered me the job within a week after my phone and in person interview. The interview itself lasted about 20-30 minutes. I was sad I couldn't work there, but it just wasn't for me. A lot my friends the entire company is a great one to work for, and they really care about their employees.

Interview Questions

Too hard to juggle two jobs without a set schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Disorganized. Disrespectful. Flaky. I applied for the hosiery dept. First there was a phone interview. That went well, they asked me to come in. When I got there they said the hosiery job had been filled but would I like to interview for 4 other departments. I said yes, but none of the department managers were available. I was promised a phone call to reschedule. I have to call 4 times before they got back to me. Finally a manager from yet another department interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I have children, which is an illegal question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Hourly plus negligible commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

The process for me started off Rocky, I applied and didn't hear back for about two weeks so I called HR and I was informed she was going through the applications as we speak. So time went on and I didn't hear back so I kept calling and never got any response so I just let it go. So maybe a week after that HR called me and we had a phone interview. A week after that I didn't hear anything so I called back and a manager contacted me two days later. I then had a second phone interview and then was asked to come in for the interview which was on a Thursday. I heard back from Nordstrom Friday and was offered the position.

None. Commission only

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I recently had an interview. interview was quick. first it was a phone interview. took about roughly 15 minutes. then I was scheduled for an in store interview at the new location in Brooklyn, NY. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the in store interview. I wasnt asked to sell a product. I was just asked questions about how I can manage to work in a fast past environment. I was not accepted the job because they ARE NOT looking for seasonal, temporary employment. They want employees that are willing to stay their for years to come so they can have a chance at being promoted to the highest position. TOTALLY BIAS.

Interview Questions
    • all questions are straightforward. All about customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online and got a call a week or 2 later. Got a call from the manager of the department I applied for to schedule an in person interview. Had a one on one interview with the department manager and she asked simple questions about myself and all easy behavioral questions. She then took me around the department and then had to do a mock sale. Lasted about an hour. Got a call a week later and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • All easy questions- most unexpected part of the interview was the mock sale   Answer Question