Nordstrom

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2011.

Online assessment and application, Phone interview, 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
  • What is a challenge you had with a team and how did you work together to overcome it?   Answer Question
  • What is your best sales experience?   Answer Question
  • What was a difficult challenge you had at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • How do you build a relationship with a customer?   Answer Question
  • What excites you about a sales position? How do you prioritize your goals?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2011.

For heaven's sake, dress professionally! In many departments, they still wear suits every day

Phase 1: Phone screening
    Phase 2: HR interview
    Phase 3: Department MangerInterview
    Phase 4: Store Manager--This means the Department Manager wants to hire you

Q: Why do you like sales? A: Comission, determine your own pay. Get out of it what you out into it.

Q: How do you know satisfied customer? A: They smile, they say thank you they "leave with bags in their hand" (Nordy quote). Most importantly, you can build a relationship and thay come back.

Q: If your not meeting your metrics (sales goals) what would you do? A: Ask my manger or someone that is a sucessful salesperson. Seek to follow the example of sucessful salespeople. Build product knowledge--educate myself so I can educate my customers. Follow-up with customers to try to buld repeat business.

Interview Questions
    • Q: How do you know satisfied customer?   View Answer
    • Q: If you're not meeting your metrics (sales goals) what would you do?   View Answer
    Pay is strictly comission. If you can, find out from someone in the store: in what department is the team earning the most? For example, in my store it is the Women's Shoes team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2010.

I applied online, and received a call 5 days later for a phone interview. The phone interview was very relaxed. I was asked about my previous retail and sales experience; and why I would thrive in a commisioned based atmosphere. After I passed the phone interview i was told that I would receive a call to set up an interview with a department manager. The department manager called me 2 days later to set up a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview wasn't too bad. I made sure to build rapport with the department manager. I was asked questions about my biggest sell, my competitive nature, and I was asked to sell a particular garment in the department I was applying for. Two days later I was called with an offer for employment.

Retail Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2012.

A phone interview to begin as the first contact. Question like: Why would you like to work for Nordstrom? Why you like to work for handbag instead of other department? What customer experience do I have? How do I deliver a customer service, can I give them an example? Then, a person to person interview is scheduled and I am waiting to find out whether I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How do I handle the situation when I have to projects that need to dealt with or finish at the same time?   View Answer

Retail Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2011.

I applied online, and then scheduled my phone interview, which lasted for about five minutes. It was really brief and only really asked why I wanted to work for Nordstrom, if I had any sales experience, and what my schedule is. I really focused on how much I liked the Nordstrom culture and customer service.. it was a lot easier than I was expecting! Before hanging up he scheduled another interview with me which happened a few days later.
    My first one on One interview was with the HR manager.. it was about 20 min long and was fairly easy. She asked a lot of questions about my previous experience and just personality questions. Like how do I solve a problem, how do I deal with an angry customer, what is something I'm proud of And how did I get there, ect. . So after she was done (and they write everything down) she set up the final interview for the next day with the manager of the department I was applying for.
    The final interview was the most nerve racking! I was asked a lot of the same type of structured questions, like how do I complete my daily expectations, a time I went above and beyond for a customer.. and then we went to the department and I had to sell her an item-- that was the scary part for me lol the whole interview took a little over an hour!
    I received an email 30 min later and they were asking for me to complete a background check.. then when I finished I received a call from the first person I spoke with and got an offer!

Retail Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2011.

Started with a phone "screen" and was invited for an in person interview with HR and the hiring manager. Hiring manager interview included a selling exercise and department walkthrough

Interview Questions
    no negotiation; compensation was draw/commission.