Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got a call from HR, she asked me some preliminary interview questions related to sales and customer service. After I answered them she invited me to come for a face-to-face interview with her and my department manager. I came in for a face to face interview, the HR person asked me the exact same question as before, this was to check to see if my answers were consistent. Afterwards, my department manager came in and asked me some questions. Some questions were the same, others were different.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you exceeded sales quota. Tell me a time when you had to calm down an angry customer. How do you feel about a fast-paced environment? How do you feel about competition? Why do you want to be rich?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was two interviews. The importance is to stress your love for customer service. The company is solely based on services customers and providing them with the nordstrom experience. It was not long before they called back. Everything was good.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Webcam interview with prerecorded questions. Asked about 5 questions regarding customer service and how you would handle certain situations. You only have about 30 seconds to think about the question before answering and you cannot redo your answer once you record it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

One phone interview. If they like you, they'll schedule a time to meet with the head of human resources where you'll have an interview with him/her. If he/she likes you, then he/she will set you up with an interview with the manager of your department. And if the manager of your department likes you, he/she will call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you weren't able to complete a task on time and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within the week I received an email stating they would like to do a video interview. The video was easy to do and I was able to use my home computer.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like why do you want to work here, tell us about a situation in which you provided great customer service. I have a feeling that they wanted to see what I looked like before they wanted to meet me face to face. Once they saw me on the video interview they weren't interested anymore.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy interview. You'll talk to department manager then store manager. They'll ask about yourself and fashion styles. They'll also have you try to sell a basic item to them.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite designer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and in two days got a call for an interview with hr. Interview with her then they ask what dept you want to work and then you have another interview with dept manager

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone first and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face was pretty smooth and no hard question were asked. The managers were very cool and made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Filled out an application for open positions, was contacted within a week. Interview was set up for the T.B.D./Savvy department. Interview process was pretty short and sweet with the department manager. Majority of the questioning and commentary was based on appearance (do you look the part for the department etc), and sales experience. Basic questions focused on strengths/weaknesses/situational/customer service role playing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Was a situational-style phone interview for a part time seasonal position I wanted over the winter break. I went through two phone interviews. The questions were vague and gave a lot of room for the interviewee to answer. I was asked about ten questions with the interviewer from human resources transcribing my answers for later reference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demonstrated leadership.   1 Answer