Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got a call from HR, she asked me some preliminary interview questions related to sales and customer service. After I answered them she invited me to come for a face-to-face interview with her and my department manager. I came in for a face to face interview, the HR person asked me the exact same question as before, this was to check to see if my answers were consistent. Afterwards, my department manager came in and asked me some questions. Some questions were the same, others were different.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you exceeded sales quota. Tell me a time when you had to calm down an angry customer. How do you feel about a fast-paced environment? How do you feel about competition? Why do you want to be rich?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was two interviews. The importance is to stress your love for customer service. The company is solely based on services customers and providing them with the nordstrom experience. It was not long before they called back. Everything was good.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Webcam interview with prerecorded questions. Asked about 5 questions regarding customer service and how you would handle certain situations. You only have about 30 seconds to think about the question before answering and you cannot redo your answer once you record it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

One phone interview. If they like you, they'll schedule a time to meet with the head of human resources where you'll have an interview with him/her. If he/she likes you, then he/she will set you up with an interview with the manager of your department. And if the manager of your department likes you, he/she will call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you weren't able to complete a task on time and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me the next day to set a phone interview time. the phone interview was easy. They asked me to name a time when I dealt with a difficult customer & how do I feel about commission sales then she gave me a date for an in person interview. The in person interview was fine the manager was friendly. She asked scenario questions & It felt more like a conversation. She also let me know that they're company encourages employees who want to move around in different positions within the company. & theyre cool with transferring if u want to move. And then we went on the sales floor & I had to put together an outfit for someone going to dinner then a party. Then I spoke briefly with the other manager & that's was it. I got the job 2 days later. Oh & at the end of the interview when the manager says "do u have any questions?" Ask them what advice would u give to a new hire to have a successful career at nordstrom. They'll love that! My advice is just come dressed nice, be friendly, give eye contact, and smile & you'll be ok.. Good luck !

Interview Questions

• Name a time u dealt with a difficult customer & what was the outcome   1 Answer
    • When was a time u exceeded a sales quota   Answer Question
    • why should we hire you   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you worked with a team to reach a common goal   Answer Question
    • When was a time u had to do a job outside of your job description & how did u do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within the week I received an email stating they would like to do a video interview. The video was easy to do and I was able to use my home computer.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like why do you want to work here, tell us about a situation in which you provided great customer service. I have a feeling that they wanted to see what I looked like before they wanted to meet me face to face. Once they saw me on the video interview they weren't interested anymore.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was very simple, easy and quick! I applied on Tuesday night and on a Wednesday afternoon I received a email invitation to do a " video interview" and what that was basically you record you answers to their recorded questions, you have a certain time to answer and you can't go back and re do.... This first interview can seam a little intimidating but is simple and quick, I think I got 5 questions total! Make sure you wear a nice clothes and record you video in a light area where they can see your face, don't forget about the background. On the Thursday I received an invitation via email( again) to do a in person interview. I met the manager dept and assistant manager, they were very friendly and made me feel comfortable, first they showed me the store, then we had the interview, questions were simple ( about my experience, or " tell me when you had a hard time dealing with customer".... Make sure you have your schedule pretty available! Working weekends is a must! Smiles a lot! Eye contact all the time and show confidence in yourself ! That interview was great eve though I was a bit nervous and anxious I felt very comfortable with both managers. Then I had the third and last interview with another manager, and the experience was the same as the other! Warm and Friendly manager, simple questions! The next Monday I received a call from the dep. manager offering me the position! So basically 6 days! :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you needed to work with your team and how you achieved positive results   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy interview. You'll talk to department manager then store manager. They'll ask about yourself and fashion styles. They'll also have you try to sell a basic item to them.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite designer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and in two days got a call for an interview with hr. Interview with her then they ask what dept you want to work and then you have another interview with dept manager

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone first and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face was pretty smooth and no hard question were asked. The managers were very cool and made me feel comfortable.