Nordstrom

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.5

368 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Summited resume online and attachment documents. After two weeks I received a response email requesting an in house interview. The Interview had basic questions. Very easy. one-on-one with the manager of the sales section.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online through their website. Was e-mailed within a week inviting me for a group interview. Group interview was with about 10 other people. We got to speak with a few different department managers to see which area we wanted to work in and if we were qualified. Questions were basic-asking about previous selling experience, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you were part of a team and which part of the team were you?   Answer Question

I declined because I had another job offer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applies online and was called back the same day I submitted the application. Originally I had applied for a lower position but after looking at my resume was asked if I would be open to applying as a sales associate. I was originally interviewed by the woman working in HR and she was extremely nice. She asked very simple questions. I was not able to move on to the second part of the interview since I had a scheduling conflict.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult question was why I was interested in Nordstrom.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2015.

Applied online and received response within two days to set up interview. Interviews were conducted in a round-robin fashion with three hiring managers taking interviewing a total of 9 candidates

Interview Questions
    • The usual sales questions. How would you handle difficult customer. Some sales questions related specifically to Nordstrom products and services. The job posting did not mention the position was commission only - not until the middle of the interview was that mentioned. Also, age-ism was alive and well during interview...subtle comments were made. I politely excused myself from the second round of interviews   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

There were two interviews. One with hr and department manager. Ask me have I ever sold before or was on commission. Looking for someone with an can do attitude

Interview Questions
    • I was told to sale an item right on the spot   View Answer
    No negotiation. Commission based

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Was screen interviewed over the phone by HR and was asked my availability and a couple behavioral questions. Then I received a call to do an interview in store. I was interviewed by the Department manager, and two assistants. Questions were based off of previous work experience. Typically retail knowledge and mostly was just told about the job, what it's like working on commission and asked a couple customer service questions. Know in detail what you did at your previous jobs. Always focus on customer service! Customer is key at Nordstrom.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions if you are a people person and have worked retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Emailed me to schedule an interview. Arrived, had a quick 10 minute interview. Then was led to the department and asked to "sell" an outfit to the hiring manager.
    Was immediately job offered once completing the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2014.

I had one phone interview, which was a very brief affair and lasted approximately 3-4 minutes. I was then asked to fill in an online questionnaire. Shortly after I received a call asking me to come into the store for a "proper" interview. I then had two in-store interviews. One with the department manager, and one with the store manager. The interviewers were all very nice, friendly and seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me. All in all a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were the ones you would usually expect for this type of positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2014.

Applied Online, process took about 2-3 weeks. I had originally interviewed with a department manager, she never got back to me, so I had to be really persistent. I ended up interviewing with another department manager and made it through.

Interview Questions
    • Give your most recent experience dealing with a hard customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2014.

I was referred by a current employee and sent my resume in online. I got a call within a few hours to schedule an interview in the Active Wear department for the very next day. The interview felt promising. I sent a "thank you" email to the department manager and I got a call back a week later to interview with POV. (According to the employee I know that works there, the Active Wear manager felt I would do better in designer wear and recommended me to another department.) Again, the interview was scheduled for the next day. This one seemed to go even better than the last. I felt super confident. The department manager told me I'd hear back within 5 days. 7 days went by and I hadn't heard anything so I contacted HR to inquire about the status of my application. HR said my application was still in review and asked if I would be interested in interviewing with the Shoes department. I agreed with the expectation of another phone call. Two weeks have gone by and I haven't heard anything from any of the departments. I'm over it at this point. Would have been nice if they could have just informed me that they found a better fit. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to utilize teamwork

Describe a situation where you had to deal with a particularly difficult customer and how you handled it

For each interview I was taken to the sales floor and asked to "sell" an item. In the first interview I was told to pick any article of clothing. In the second interview I was provided a scenario: a woman who had recently given birth needed to find an article of clothing that she could wear to work and out. Keeping her fluctuating weight in mind.

Answer Question