Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got a call from HR, she asked me some preliminary interview questions related to sales and customer service. After I answered them she invited me to come for a face-to-face interview with her and my department manager.

I came in for a face to face interview, the HR person asked me the exact same question as before, this was to check to see if my answers were consistent. Afterwards, my department manager came in and asked me some questions. Some questions were the same, others were different.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you exceeded sales quota.
    Tell me a time when you had to calm down an angry customer.
    How do you feel about a fast-paced environment?
    How do you feel about competition?
    Why do you want to be rich?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy interview. You'll talk to department manager then store manager. They'll ask about yourself and fashion styles. They'll also have you try to sell a basic item to them.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite designer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Filled out an application for open positions, was contacted within a week. Interview was set up for the T.B.D./Savvy department. Interview process was pretty short and sweet with the department manager. Majority of the questioning and commentary was based on appearance (do you look the part for the department etc), and sales experience. Basic questions focused on strengths/weaknesses/situational/customer service role playing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Was a situational-style phone interview for a part time seasonal position I wanted over the winter break. I went through two phone interviews. The questions were vague and gave a lot of room for the interviewee to answer. I was asked about ten questions with the interviewer from human resources transcribing my answers for later reference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demonstrated leadership.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they e-mailed me the next day about setting up a phone interview, which I set up for the following day. At the end of the phone interview, they said they wanted to continue the hiring process and set up a date for an in-store interview, which was for the following week. After that interview they got back to me in a little over a week offering me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online (a process which took about 20 minutes or so), and was contacted via e-mail within 24 hours to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was recorded & lasted about 10 minutes, asking general questions. At the end of the phone interview I was asked my availability & if I'd like to please set up an in-person interview the following wk., which did not work with my current work schedule, so I was given another time option for the week after that, which I took.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a difficult situation with a customer at work. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

I was recommended by a friend. I was told to apply online and then I received a phone interview. After the phone interview i was told to come in for another interview. The interview process was really fast.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online and then came into the store for an in-person interview. The manager was nice and I felt comfortable. Dress business but trendy! They really want to know what you can bring to the company. They want someone who has wonderful customer service skills, and someone who will work hard and who has respect for their company and will be a positve representation of Nordstrom.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, got called for a phone interview, then moved onto 1:1 interview which included tell me how would you sell this hosiery to a student that was visiting but went to school in New York?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within the week. It was a short phone interview and if they like you, they will schedule an in person interview. To be honest, I think they are going to schedule you anyway no matter how you answer the questions. They only do inperson-interviews for certain departments on certain weekdays. My pick was either a Tuesday or Thursday. I picked an interview date 2 weeks out. If you really want this job, just wear head to toe from what you can buy from Nordstroms. So I show up and I met with a department manager. I guess with whoever's department manager you're interviewing with, if they like you, then you'll be under them. The offices are like a college campus, completely not matching the sales floor look. Anyway, she followed an interview manual and asked me 7 easy questions. She hand wrote everyone of my answers. They said they will need 1 week to decide. But I got a phone call 1 day later and got an offer. I think I was the only one they interviewed.