Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online and then came into the store for an in-person interview. The manager was nice and I felt comfortable. Dress business but trendy! They really want to know what you can bring to the company. They want someone who has wonderful customer service skills, and someone who will work hard and who has respect for their company and will be a positve representation of Nordstrom.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, got called for a phone interview, then moved onto 1:1 interview which included tell me how would you sell this hosiery to a student that was visiting but went to school in New York?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later I received an email for phone interview. It went well and I was invited in for a live one on one interview. The process was very typical and similar to any other retail sales interview. The live interview was also very typical and similar to any other retail sales interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Summited resume online and attachment documents. After two weeks I received a response email requesting an in house interview. The Interview had basic questions. Very easy. one-on-one with the manager of the sales section.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Was e-mailed within a week inviting me for a group interview. Group interview was with about 10 other people. We got to speak with a few different department managers to see which area we wanted to work in and if we were qualified. Questions were basic-asking about previous selling experience, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you were part of a team and which part of the team were you?   Answer Question

I declined because I had another job offer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received response within two days to set up interview. Interviews were conducted in a round-robin fashion with three hiring managers taking interviewing a total of 9 candidates

Interview Questions

• The usual sales questions. How would you handle difficult customer. Some sales questions related specifically to Nordstrom products and services. The job posting did not mention the position was commission only - not until the middle of the interview was that mentioned. Also, age-ism was alive and well during interview...subtle comments were made. I politely excused myself from the second round of interviews   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applies online and was called back the same day I submitted the application. Originally I had applied for a lower position but after looking at my resume was asked if I would be open to applying as a sales associate. I was originally interviewed by the woman working in HR and she was extremely nice. She asked very simple questions. I was not able to move on to the second part of the interview since I had a scheduling conflict.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult question was why I was interested in Nordstrom.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I completed an online questionare/test. Most of the questions were customer service related and were multiple choice. I think the main objective was to weed out people who didn't have the tools to work everyday with people and in a fast paced, competitive work environment where you are asked to do anything and everything and where you have to be super flexible with your schedule as well as being able to deal with angry customers and maintain a very professional attitude no matter what. After submitting the test I was then contacted to set up a phone interview. I was asked a variety of questions such as explain why you want to work for Nordstrom, explain a time when you were a part of a team and you went above and beyond what was expected of you and what role you played and if business was slow how would you generate sales. I was then contacted via email to set up another day and time to have a 1:1. The questions were generally the same. One of the questions I was asked was to name a time when I was part of a team, the role I played and how I contributed. I was also asked why they should hire me over someone else as well as how I felt about commission and working in a competitive environment. I was contacted a final time to set up an additional interview with the head of the department but unfortunately I had already been offered a position with another company I had been interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when I was able to contribute to a team and the outcome.   Answer Question

I had a final interview in place but was offered a position with another company I was interviewing with at the same time and wasn't in the position to decline and hope that another offer would come thru

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

There were two interviews. One with hr and department manager. Ask me have I ever sold before or was on commission. Looking for someone with an can do attitude

Interview Questions

• I was told to sale an item right on the spot   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Commission based

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Was screen interviewed over the phone by HR and was asked my availability and a couple behavioral questions. Then I received a call to do an interview in store. I was interviewed by the Department manager, and two assistants. Questions were based off of previous work experience. Typically retail knowledge and mostly was just told about the job, what it's like working on commission and asked a couple customer service questions. Know in detail what you did at your previous jobs. Always focus on customer service! Customer is key at Nordstrom.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions if you are a people person and have worked retail.   Answer Question