Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Very smooth and easy interview. I went in for a one-on-one interview with the department manager. They offer open interviews where a group of people interview different departments at the same time. But they asked me simple questions and was looking to get to know me through personal and questions that had to do with work.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to sell?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Three seperate interviews, one over the phone, one in person with HR, and one with hiring manager. Both in person were about an hour or so. Fairly simple one on one interviews with simple questions. The interview with hiring manager required me to go down to sales floor and demonstrate my sales ability to her. It was simple with hypothetical scenarios.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

not bad. The store was opening then, so there were a lot of people and a lot of managers. A lot of us still work in the store now, I'm not the only one that has been promoted. I wish that things were different in my store. I love the job, I love the customers, and I love the product, but when there's a problem in the store, it's hard to say something without getting a negative response or being blamed yourself for the issue. I've seen people get fired for almost nothing, even early on in the interviewing and early job stages.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not pay me enough in my current job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

One-on-One interview with the assistant department manager and the head of HR. Then went down to the floor where you had to pick one item and sell it to the interviewers. They want to see your ability to sell.

Application

Interview

Apply online. If contacted a HR rep will contact you via e-mail to set up a phone interview where she will ask typical interview questions (non-behavioural). If you successfully pass the phone interview then the manager of the department will formally interview you at (x) store where he will ask you the same interview questions as well as show you around.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and informative. Dress nice - don't be late. Will meet with middle management. Don't wear a suit. Everyone was great super smiley I am glad I went for the job

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got a call from HR, she asked me some preliminary interview questions related to sales and customer service. After I answered them she invited me to come for a face-to-face interview with her and my department manager. I came in for a face to face interview, the HR person asked me the exact same question as before, this was to check to see if my answers were consistent. Afterwards, my department manager came in and asked me some questions. Some questions were the same, others were different.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you exceeded sales quota. Tell me a time when you had to calm down an angry customer. How do you feel about a fast-paced environment? How do you feel about competition? Why do you want to be rich?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Speedy process. Met with the HR recruiter, manager of my department and I think store manager also. The process took about 1.5 weeks to finalize position. There was a short training period also.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. They are mostly concerned with your integrity and work ethic, since you are paid on commission. During the in-person interview they will ask you to put together a sample outfit for a specific type of customer. They also ask you how you problem solve, and will ask you basic questions that you would expect in an interview like three words to describe yourself and what your biggest weakness is.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you face adversity in your job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

They asked me how to handle an angry customer, an achievement I am proud of, sell an item and my availability. The interview was formal but still relaxed enough, they asked what is a time I had to be a leader, a time I had to be a team player. Overall talk the most about customer service an why you enjoy the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my price.