Nordstrom

Getting the Interview

304 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Sale Associate Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email telling me if I would like to set up the time and date for the interview. I replied promptly afterward and chose the time and date. The interview was easy and fun. I had the interview with HR and then my department manager.

Interview Question – What is your strategies at work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – When i first applied, they didnt call me after two weeks, i was the one that called them. They had a phone interview with me that was about 10 minutes and it was basically asking me if i had any experience selling in a commission driven environment, and if i had every worked in retail before. The in office interview was basically asking be about life experiences and obstacles i faced working in a team environment.

Interview Question – How wold i sell a piece of clothing? there wasn't really a difficult question   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was short (about 10 minutes long) . At the end of the interview, the lady said that she would send me an email in a couple of days. My interview was on a Friday and I received an email on Monday saying that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you weren't able to accomplish a goal, and how did you deal with it?
What skills do you think are most important for this job?
  Answer Question

Centennial, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details – You submit an online application. then have a trial interview with HR. Then an in person interview with someone from HR and your future department manager.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you over cam a conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Rep and Store Manager. Both were very nice. Ask a few personal and professional questions on shopping, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. What is my favorite place to shop.   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Apply online, but try to make a connection with someone who works at a store who can push your application through HR. You'll probably interview with HR first, then pop around to different departments. Don't worry if you aren't accepted by the first department you interview with, the manager will probably pass you along to a friend!

Interview Question – How would you deal with XYZ....   View Answer

Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews, one over the phone and the other in person. The phone interview was just to see what type of person you are. The face to face interview is with your department manager is was relatively easy. I just had to answer a few questions and I was in.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a phone call from HR doing a quick preliminary interview. I was asked to come in for an interview quickly after that. My interview took place with someone from HR and then a department assistant manager came in and interviewed me as well. I received a phone call from the manager within 3 days offering me the job.

Interview Question – Pretty basic and easy.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – difficult online application finally reached someone in HR who invited me in after becoming aware of my experience

Interview Question – nothing difficult   View Answer

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – There are many interviews you have to go through to get hired. First, the HR phone screen, then HR in person interview, then Manager interview. Many stores require a store manager interview as well.

Interview Question – What are your department's largest competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, you get an offer and accept.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 304 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.