Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.5

352 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

phone interview first, basically to see what kind of position you've worked in retail before and if you can go along with their "customer is first" philosophy. in person interview with the HR person from the phone interview and if you pass that then an interview with the department manager where you'll potentially be working.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

One interview with department manager and got a call 5 days later with an offer. Interview really depends on the manager, mine was formal and exam-like whereas others I've had with Nordstrom have been laid-back and conversational. Prepare to answer mostly standard behavioral questions and questions about your previous experience and how it relates to sales.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, 100% commissioned.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online to work in BP and was never contacted. I then reached out about my application and they asked if I would be interested in working in the kids department and I said yes. I was then scheduled for an interview and was called 2 days later letting me know I got the job!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online, had a phone interview with HR asking general behavioral questions (tell me about a time you failed, etc.) and questions relating to Nordstrom culture (how do you feel about working on commission, etc.). Around one week later had an in-person interview with the department manager. Was asked to "sell" to her and was asked more behavioral and situational questions. Pretty easy overall.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was selling to the manager as they played the part of various difficult customers.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and got an email shortly after for a phone interview. Very basic conversation and super friendly, why Nordstrom? Tell me about yourself. What is a goal you set but didn't achieve.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work situation and tell your solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and went to the store the next day to personally hand in another copy of my resume. I think this helped me a lot because I got to meet with the department manager face-to-face, which is always a leg up (not being just a piece of paper). The process took about a week in total. I was called in for an interview several days later; there was a basic question interview followed by a performance review. I was called in again the next day to talk to the store manager, which included more conversational questions.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to come up with several outfits based on a customer profile they invent for you on the spot.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Very basic retail interview system, asked about experiences and what I could bring to the store. Included many things about what would be expected of you and how you were going to be given the tools to achieve your goals.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

First you go through a telephone interview - pretty simple questions about your work experience and why you want to work at Nordstrom. Once you go through that, they will set up a group interview after which you meet with the manager or assistant manager. You have to do a sales pitch. It's pretty basic and simple.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to pitch a sale of a shoe brand I was unfamiliar with, to a man.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you get commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

Applied online and got an email the next day asking me to choose an interview day and time. Met with HR and then they asked me to meet with the department manager, this took about an hour and a half. I was then asked to come back the next day to meet the store manager, this only took about five minutes (clearly she didn't like me very much). Two days later I was informed that I did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

it took one month. I applied online.got an email in four weeks time to make an appointment for a phone interview.Had the phone interview the next day and was asked to come for the face to face interview the following day.had the interview with two managers and after i was asked to role play sales. the whole process took about 1hr 30mins