Nordstrom

304 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Served as a Fashion Board Intern for three years in their BP Department. After graduating high school, I was asked to join their sales team. I interviewed with the Manager of BP.

Interview Question – How you would deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – There are many interviews you have to go through to get hired. First, the HR phone screen, then HR in person interview, then Manager interview. Many stores require a store manager interview as well.

Interview Question – What are your department's largest competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, you get an offer and accept.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – My entire interview process was done over the phone because I was applying for a position in another state. I first had a general interview with HR then the department manager a few days later. Be prepared to sell something something from the department you are applying for and showing that you know how to cross sell from other departments is a plus.

Interview Question – How would you persuade a customer who is hesitant to buy?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, followed by an interview session. Once hired, there is a two day classroom training process before floor training.

Interview Question – They ask you to try and sell an item from the department you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Interview Details – Process took about two months from beginning to end

Interview Question – What was your most difficult sale?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in June 2012.

Applied online. Then went through a phone interview with vey basic questions. Second interview was with the manager in one to one. Third interview was a selling based interview. Process took around 4 days.

Interview Question – How I was planing to seek out customers over the phone and not just infront of me coming into the store.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call rather quickly. First interview was short telephone conversation/questions. Was asked to come to the store for interview.

Interview Question – Received a tour within the department. While on the tour, interviewer noted a tee-shirt that was a item the store was currently promoting. I was asked to demonstrate how I would sell that item to a customer, not knowing anything about the product other than what I observed of the item and display during the tour.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted different job

Interview Details – A lot of "what if" questions based on customer service

Interview Question – How would you sale me a credit card?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional and fun.

Interview Question – Why do you like this department?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – So effortless and amazing. Great company to work for.

Interview Question – What is customer service to you?   Answer Question