Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
327 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Farmington, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then a one on one with basic questions on teamwork etc. They call back within 2-3 days

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Why should we hire you and not the other applicants

Interview Question – What unique qualifications do you have   Answer Question

Hurst, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within 20 minutes I got an email asking me to set an appointment for a phone interview. I was of course nervous (I've never had a job before, and this is NORDSTROM), so I came on here and looked at all of the questions you guys were asked, wrote them down and studied it hard to make sure I didn't sound like I was a bad candidate. The phone interview was brief, about ten minutes. Asked how I would handle difficult customers, what skills I thought fit the position.
At the end of the ten minutes she set me for an interview on the following Monday!
I interviewed with two gentlemen at the same time, one was a sales person and the other was a manager. They were both extremely nice and I felt comfortable right away! They asked typical questions you would expect, many of which I saw on here. It didn't last long, maybe 15 minutes. Then I got a tour of the department I would be working in (Kids wear!). They were very thorough and showed me the back rooms, how things were organized, and were very informative. I thought it went great!
After not hearing anything on Tuesday I thought for sure they would hire someone else, but as I was walking home from volunteering at the Library on Wednesday, I got a call and was offered the job!
I start training on Saturday!

Interview Question – They were pretty standard. For me the difficult questions were the ones asking about handling past customers and such, since I had to try to find real-world applications without any work experience.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email telling me if I would like to set up the time and date for the interview. I replied promptly afterward and chose the time and date. The interview was easy and fun. I had the interview with HR and then my department manager.

Interview Question – What is your strategies at work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – When i first applied, they didnt call me after two weeks, i was the one that called them. They had a phone interview with me that was about 10 minutes and it was basically asking me if i had any experience selling in a commission driven environment, and if i had every worked in retail before. The in office interview was basically asking be about life experiences and obstacles i faced working in a team environment.

Interview Question – How wold i sell a piece of clothing? there wasn't really a difficult question   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was short (about 10 minutes long) . At the end of the interview, the lady said that she would send me an email in a couple of days. My interview was on a Friday and I received an email on Monday saying that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you weren't able to accomplish a goal, and how did you deal with it?
What skills do you think are most important for this job?
  Answer Question

Centennial, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details – You submit an online application. then have a trial interview with HR. Then an in person interview with someone from HR and your future department manager.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you over cam a conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Rep and Store Manager. Both were very nice. Ask a few personal and professional questions on shopping, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. What is my favorite place to shop.   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Apply online, but try to make a connection with someone who works at a store who can push your application through HR. You'll probably interview with HR first, then pop around to different departments. Don't worry if you aren't accepted by the first department you interview with, the manager will probably pass you along to a friend!

Interview Question – How would you deal with XYZ....   View Answer

Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews, one over the phone and the other in person. The phone interview was just to see what type of person you are. The face to face interview is with your department manager is was relatively easy. I just had to answer a few questions and I was in.