Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

329 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

phone screening with HR, asked top 3 departments that i wanted to work at. Then interviewed individually at the specific department. Got declined for the first department but called HR and got an interview at another department where i got offered a job. HR is great!

commission based

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2014.

I submitted my online application and was emailed the following week to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and to the point, at the conclusion of the phone interview the HR representative said she would like to schedule me for an in store interview. The phone interview was on a Tuesday and the in store interview was held that Friday. It was a panel style interview. Four of us were interviewed in the same room by four managers. We each sat at an individual desk with the manager so everyone was talking at the same time which made it feel comfortable since no one was listening to anyone else's interview. The managers all had the same sheets to ensure that they all asked the same exact questions and touched upon the same topics. They took brief notes of our answers. They were very friendly. After sitting and answering the questions with one manager, another manager took me to a department where she selected an item and asked me to sell it to her. (fun role play to test your selling ability) Afterwards she asked a few more questions and concluded the interview. She smiled and said I would hear back in a few days, I was confident that I had gotten the position. By Wednesday I had not heard anything back and was concerned so I called HR asking if the individuals who had been hired had already been notified. A few minutes later I received a phone call telling me I was hired and when I would start. :)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were compared to another employee.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, there is a base pay and each department has a different commission rate. It is very simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2012.

Phone interview, then a one on one with basic questions on teamwork etc. They call back within 2-3 days

no negotiation phase

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Why should we hire you and not the other applicants

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

I applied online and within 20 minutes I got an email asking me to set an appointment for a phone interview. I was of course nervous (I've never had a job before, and this is NORDSTROM), so I came on here and looked at all of the questions you guys were asked, wrote them down and studied it hard to make sure I didn't sound like I was a bad candidate. The phone interview was brief, about ten minutes. Asked how I would handle difficult customers, what skills I thought fit the position.
    At the end of the ten minutes she set me for an interview on the following Monday!
    I interviewed with two gentlemen at the same time, one was a sales person and the other was a manager. They were both extremely nice and I felt comfortable right away! They asked typical questions you would expect, many of which I saw on here. It didn't last long, maybe 15 minutes. Then I got a tour of the department I would be working in (Kids wear!). They were very thorough and showed me the back rooms, how things were organized, and were very informative. I thought it went great!
    After not hearing anything on Tuesday I thought for sure they would hire someone else, but as I was walking home from volunteering at the Library on Wednesday, I got a call and was offered the job!
    I start training on Saturday!

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty standard. For me the difficult questions were the ones asking about handling past customers and such, since I had to try to find real-world applications without any work experience.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

I received an email telling me if I would like to set up the time and date for the interview. I replied promptly afterward and chose the time and date. The interview was easy and fun. I had the interview with HR and then my department manager.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

When i first applied, they didnt call me after two weeks, i was the one that called them. They had a phone interview with me that was about 10 minutes and it was basically asking me if i had any experience selling in a commission driven environment, and if i had every worked in retail before. The in office interview was basically asking be about life experiences and obstacles i faced working in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • How wold i sell a piece of clothing? there wasn't really a difficult question   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and received an email shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was short (about 10 minutes long) . At the end of the interview, the lady said that she would send me an email in a couple of days. My interview was on a Friday and I received an email on Monday saying that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you weren't able to accomplish a goal, and how did you deal with it?
      What skills do you think are most important for this job?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

You submit an online application. then have a trial interview with HR. Then an in person interview with someone from HR and your future department manager.

there is no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interviewed with Rep and Store Manager. Both were very nice. Ask a few personal and professional questions on shopping, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What is my favorite place to shop.   View Answer