Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.5

352 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

It was a phone interview followed by an interview with HR and then the department Manager. The questions are geared towards customer service and selling. You must be very available if you want to work full time.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unpleasant customer? And how did you satisfy the customers needs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online. Long questionnaire. One-on-one interview a week later with HR person. Then one week training with 2 other new hires. I got Women's Shoes with best commission in the store- 10%. Probably hardest job in the store though with all of the running around for indecisive women.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to leave your current job for this one?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

The process begins with an online application, if approved there is a phone interview and possible a second phone interview, the next step after this is an in person meeting with a Human Resources Manager, and finally an interview with the Department Manager of whom you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult customer issue you have had and how did you handle this?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online - uploaded my resume, references, and other stuff. I got an email back the next day or two telling me to set up a phone interview online. I scheduled it, and waited for the day I'd get the call. On the day of the scheduled phone interview, the manager? interviewer? called about two hours late, so just make sure you're open two hours before and after your original time slot. The questions were pretty simple - Why Nordstrom? Give an example of good customer service? - and after that, the interviewer forwarded my information to the manager of the department I was applying to. She then set up a face to face interview, which was also pretty casual. It was one-on-one, and short (15 minutes max).

Interview Questions
    • Selling scenario - pick an outfit for a specific occasion and sell it to the department manager. Because it was so spontaneous, it was somewhat difficult, but just stay calm and it should be good.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

I interviewed for Luxury Women's Apparel. The phone interview was very simple - probably 5 minutes long. The second interviewer was nice and asked me a few questions about my favorite brands and why I want to work there. Pretty much the same questions the phone interviewer asked. The in person interview is basically so that they can see you in person and if you match the Nordstrom Brand.

Interview Questions
    • She asks for you can sell her an outfit which isn't hard but since I was not familiar with the Luxury Brands I had a hard time pronouncing the name when it came to describing the dress I ended up picking so I would go in to the store beforehand in the section you are interviewing for and be prepared   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Just let them know that you thrive off of friendly competition, you love fashion and you've always wanted to work for and make nordstrom a career. They'll love you.

Commission only

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Created account on the website and then applied online for a position. Got an email the next day asking me to chose a phone interview time. I scheduled the next open slot which was about a week later. I scheduled it for 4pm but they only called around 4:45, keep a two hour slot open for your phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. They asked about 5-7 questions but nothing hard. Then the lady told me she would like to schedule a in store interview with a manager and asked me what department I was interested in. The in store interview was scheduled for about 4 days later and there was a group of us waiting. Then one by one we each were taking to a different area by the manager or assistant manager of the department we wanted to work in. Then the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Nordstorms?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in whatever particular department you applied for?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you experienced really high expectations and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

On line applications. If you have previous experience in sales You need to go in after you apply. Talk with the manager or managers. Get noticed. A lot of people apply.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions deal with how you can show excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

phone screening with HR, asked top 3 departments that i wanted to work at. Then interviewed individually at the specific department. Got declined for the first department but called HR and got an interview at another department where i got offered a job. HR is great!

commission based

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Why should we hire you and not the other applicants