Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
322 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was short (about 10 minutes long) . At the end of the interview, the lady said that she would send me an email in a couple of days. My interview was on a Friday and I received an email on Monday saying that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you weren't able to accomplish a goal, and how did you deal with it?
What skills do you think are most important for this job?
  Answer Question

Centennial, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details – You submit an online application. then have a trial interview with HR. Then an in person interview with someone from HR and your future department manager.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you over cam a conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Rep and Store Manager. Both were very nice. Ask a few personal and professional questions on shopping, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. What is my favorite place to shop.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Apply online, but try to make a connection with someone who works at a store who can push your application through HR. You'll probably interview with HR first, then pop around to different departments. Don't worry if you aren't accepted by the first department you interview with, the manager will probably pass you along to a friend!

Interview Question – How would you deal with XYZ....   View Answer

Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews, one over the phone and the other in person. The phone interview was just to see what type of person you are. The face to face interview is with your department manager is was relatively easy. I just had to answer a few questions and I was in.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a phone call from HR doing a quick preliminary interview. I was asked to come in for an interview quickly after that. My interview took place with someone from HR and then a department assistant manager came in and interviewed me as well. I received a phone call from the manager within 3 days offering me the job.

Interview Question – Pretty basic and easy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2012.

Interview Details – First, everyone interviews with HR on the phone and if they like you then you get an interview with the manager of the department you are applying for.

I only interviewed once with the department manager. Several other employees said they interviewed with the department manager and then with the store manager.

All questions are about examples of either customer service or sales
-nothing to difficult or hard
-i mostly made up stories that I thought they would like and it got me hired

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, its all common sense. You don't need to be a genius to be hired, just show that you are friendly, lots of energy, and that you can sell any product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation ! You get what ever the commission rate is for that department. ONLY COMMISSION pay if you don't make at least $9 an hour from commission then CONSIDER YOUR SELF FIRED!

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – difficult online application finally reached someone in HR who invited me in after becoming aware of my experience

Interview Question – nothing difficult   View Answer

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – There are many interviews you have to go through to get hired. First, the HR phone screen, then HR in person interview, then Manager interview. Many stores require a store manager interview as well.

Interview Question – What are your department's largest competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, you get an offer and accept.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Served as a Fashion Board Intern for three years in their BP Department. After graduating high school, I was asked to join their sales team. I interviewed with the Manager of BP.

Interview Question – How you would deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question