Nordstrom

304 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Applied Online and received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and she asked me to come in for in person interview. Interview was very similar to phone interview however she did ask me more situational questions regarding customer service.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you displayed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was short (less than 5 minutes) and consisted of general interview questions as well as a few about commission sales. At the end of the phone interview we scheduled a face to face interview with HR for the following week. I interviewed with the HR manager who was incredibly friendly. She told me she knew of a department that she believed would be a good fit for me and asked if I would be willing to interview with that manager right away. A few moments later the manager walked in and basically repeated the same questions I had just gone through with HR. At the end of the questions she brought me back to the department to show me around, and then had me pick a piece of merchandise from the racks and try to sell it to her as if she was a customer. It was kind of intimidating to be put on the spot like that but she was really nice about the whole thing. She called me later that day to offer me the position and I started the following week.

Interview Question – "Sell" an item on the floor to the manager as if he/she was an actual customer.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard from them within 2-3 weeks. interview is based on the department you're applying for. Example: BP juniors had a very relaxed process because of the nature of the department. They just asked about blogs and how you would service the young customer.

Interview Question – You notice a garment is not fitting the customer properly and they are frustrated. what do you do?   View Answer

Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview. Then they had me come into the store to interview. Once I was there they told me it would be a panel of six asking me questions. They then had me do a mock sales situation to see what my style was like.

Interview Question – All the questions were the same as the phone interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they asked what department I would like to be in.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was originally interviewed for Retail Management Internship. Had one phone interview then a panel interview with HR assistant manager and 2-3 department managers (one of which was a previous intern). Questions were very basic and I felt extremely confident. However, I was instead given a position as a sales associate in the new Savvy department.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a co-worker who was not doing well sales wise.   View Answer

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2011.

Interview Details – submit application on line, do a phone interview and then go in to interview with the department manager.

Interview Question – why do you want to work in __________________ department?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no real negotiation, there is a set salary and the ability to make commission.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Applied for stylist position. Unfortunately the manager is out in maternity leave. But interview was easy overall. Over the phone. Then in person hr&dept. Then was offered sales position

Interview Question – Mock sale on the floor to dept manager   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Department Manager and Store Manager. After an initial online assessment, advanced to the next stage.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – First email, then phone interview, then a group and single interview.

Interview Question – What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Interview Process is quite long. You go through 4 interviews before you know if you got the job or not. First phone interview with HR associate, then in person interview with the HR associate, after in person interview with the dept manager, and lastly with the store manager. They all ask you essentially the same questions and it can get very reduntant. Dept manager asks different types of questions and incorporates selling exercises into it as well.

Interview Question – They catch you off guard when you are interviewing with the dept manager. They ask you several selling questions, i.e. sell me this product etc. You have to be able to think on your toes, even if you have no idea what on earth you are selling.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom