Nordstrom

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Brought in for an interview with several managers. Asked questions that were similar to previous managers. The managers were very nice and encouraging. It was a pretty laid back interview, I felt very comfortable and relaxed. Once we interviewed with one manager, we went back to a common room in which we waited for the next manager to come and get us.

Interview Questions
  • Not many difficult questions, just more questions about past experiences.
    "Why do you want to be in sales?"

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Yayy im so excited I just had my interview and got hired!

So I applied for the Nordstrom position last week on Wednesday. Received a call friday from the HR assistant asking if I could come in for an interview today which is Tuesday. Interviewed with the HR manager then store Manager.. told they would call me (tomorrow) Wednesday. However they called me on my way home from the interview offering me the position. . Sooo yayyy! Superr excited!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

phone interview first, basically to see what kind of position you've worked in retail before and if you can go along with their "customer is first" philosophy. in person interview with the HR person from the phone interview and if you pass that then an interview with the department manager where you'll potentially be working.

Sales Associate Interview

One interview with department manager and got a call 5 days later with an offer. Interview really depends on the manager, mine was formal and exam-like whereas others I've had with Nordstrom have been laid-back and conversational. Prepare to answer mostly standard behavioral questions and questions about your previous experience and how it relates to sales.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, 100% commissioned.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online to work in BP and was never contacted. I then reached out about my application and they asked if I would be interested in working in the kids department and I said yes. I was then scheduled for an interview and was called 2 days later letting me know I got the job!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online, had a phone interview with HR asking general behavioral questions (tell me about a time you failed, etc.) and questions relating to Nordstrom culture (how do you feel about working on commission, etc.). Around one week later had an in-person interview with the department manager. Was asked to "sell" to her and was asked more behavioral and situational questions. Pretty easy overall.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was selling to the manager as they played the part of various difficult customers.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed by three people. Manager of mens shoes, then the manager of mens rail and furnishing. They showed me around the store then i had to sell a item to the assistant manager of the furnishing department

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle being in a commission based environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and got an email shortly after for a phone interview. Very basic conversation and super friendly, why Nordstrom? Tell me about yourself. What is a goal you set but didn't achieve.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work situation and tell your solution   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2014.

completed application on line and received a phone interview notification via email. A assistant recruiter called me and the phone screening interview lasted about 15 minutes. She had to contact me twice prior to my in-person interview 1) their scheduling system wasn't updated to book an interview 2) my initial position was already filled while I was waiting for her call back-- It took about two days.

On the interview day, they called and left messages about changing interview time when I was already in the building. Finally we went ahead with our original interview time. The interview went OK. I would not apply for any position for Nordstrom in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and went to the store the next day to personally hand in another copy of my resume. I think this helped me a lot because I got to meet with the department manager face-to-face, which is always a leg up (not being just a piece of paper). The process took about a week in total. I was called in for an interview several days later; there was a basic question interview followed by a performance review. I was called in again the next day to talk to the store manager, which included more conversational questions.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to come up with several outfits based on a customer profile they invent for you on the spot.   View Answer