Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.5

336 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

My entire interview process was done over the phone because I was applying for a position in another state. I first had a general interview with HR then the department manager a few days later. Be prepared to sell something something from the department you are applying for and showing that you know how to cross sell from other departments is a plus.

Interview Questions
  • How would you persuade a customer who is hesitant to buy?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Phone interview first, followed by an interview session. Once hired, there is a two day classroom training process before floor training.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to try and sell an item from the department you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

I received an email telling me if I would like to set up the time and date for the interview. I replied promptly afterward and chose the time and date. The interview was easy and fun. I had the interview with HR and then my department manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Process took about two months from beginning to end

Sales Associate Interview

A lot of "what if" questions based on customer service

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

So effortless and amazing. Great company to work for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied Online and received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and she asked me to come in for in person interview. Interview was very similar to phone interview however she did ask me more situational questions regarding customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you displayed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was short (less than 5 minutes) and consisted of general interview questions as well as a few about commission sales. At the end of the phone interview we scheduled a face to face interview with HR for the following week. I interviewed with the HR manager who was incredibly friendly. She told me she knew of a department that she believed would be a good fit for me and asked if I would be willing to interview with that manager right away. A few moments later the manager walked in and basically repeated the same questions I had just gone through with HR. At the end of the questions she brought me back to the department to show me around, and then had me pick a piece of merchandise from the racks and try to sell it to her as if she was a customer. It was kind of intimidating to be put on the spot like that but she was really nice about the whole thing. She called me later that day to offer me the position and I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell" an item on the floor to the manager as if he/she was an actual customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied for stylist position. Unfortunately the manager is out in maternity leave. But interview was easy overall. Over the phone. Then in person hr&dept. Then was offered sales position

Interview Questions
    • Mock sale on the floor to dept manager   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interviewed with Department Manager and Store Manager. After an initial online assessment, advanced to the next stage.