Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
328 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews, one over the phone and the other in person. The phone interview was just to see what type of person you are. The face to face interview is with your department manager is was relatively easy. I just had to answer a few questions and I was in.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a phone call from HR doing a quick preliminary interview. I was asked to come in for an interview quickly after that. My interview took place with someone from HR and then a department assistant manager came in and interviewed me as well. I received a phone call from the manager within 3 days offering me the job.

Interview Question – Pretty basic and easy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2012.

Interview Details – First, everyone interviews with HR on the phone and if they like you then you get an interview with the manager of the department you are applying for.

I only interviewed once with the department manager. Several other employees said they interviewed with the department manager and then with the store manager.

All questions are about examples of either customer service or sales
-nothing to difficult or hard
-i mostly made up stories that I thought they would like and it got me hired

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, its all common sense. You don't need to be a genius to be hired, just show that you are friendly, lots of energy, and that you can sell any product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation ! You get what ever the commission rate is for that department. ONLY COMMISSION pay if you don't make at least $9 an hour from commission then CONSIDER YOUR SELF FIRED!

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – difficult online application finally reached someone in HR who invited me in after becoming aware of my experience

Interview Question – nothing difficult   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Served as a Fashion Board Intern for three years in their BP Department. After graduating high school, I was asked to join their sales team. I interviewed with the Manager of BP.

Interview Question – How you would deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – There are many interviews you have to go through to get hired. First, the HR phone screen, then HR in person interview, then Manager interview. Many stores require a store manager interview as well.

Interview Question – What are your department's largest competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, you get an offer and accept.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – My entire interview process was done over the phone because I was applying for a position in another state. I first had a general interview with HR then the department manager a few days later. Be prepared to sell something something from the department you are applying for and showing that you know how to cross sell from other departments is a plus.

Interview Question – How would you persuade a customer who is hesitant to buy?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, followed by an interview session. Once hired, there is a two day classroom training process before floor training.

Interview Question – They ask you to try and sell an item from the department you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Interview Details – Process took about two months from beginning to end

Interview Question – What was your most difficult sale?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in June 2012.

Applied online. Then went through a phone interview with vey basic questions. Second interview was with the manager in one to one. Third interview was a selling based interview. Process took around 4 days.

Interview Question – How I was planing to seek out customers over the phone and not just infront of me coming into the store.   Answer Question