Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
321 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, followed by an interview session. Once hired, there is a two day classroom training process before floor training.

Interview Question – They ask you to try and sell an item from the department you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – Process took about two months from beginning to end

Interview Question – What was your most difficult sale?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in June 2012.

Applied online. Then went through a phone interview with vey basic questions. Second interview was with the manager in one to one. Third interview was a selling based interview. Process took around 4 days.

Interview Question – How I was planing to seek out customers over the phone and not just infront of me coming into the store.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call rather quickly. First interview was short telephone conversation/questions. Was asked to come to the store for interview.

Interview Question – Received a tour within the department. While on the tour, interviewer noted a tee-shirt that was a item the store was currently promoting. I was asked to demonstrate how I would sell that item to a customer, not knowing anything about the product other than what I observed of the item and display during the tour.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted different job

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – A lot of "what if" questions based on customer service

Interview Question – How would you sale me a credit card?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional and fun.

Interview Question – Why do you like this department?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – So effortless and amazing. Great company to work for.

Interview Question – What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Applied Online and received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and she asked me to come in for in person interview. Interview was very similar to phone interview however she did ask me more situational questions regarding customer service.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you displayed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was short (less than 5 minutes) and consisted of general interview questions as well as a few about commission sales. At the end of the phone interview we scheduled a face to face interview with HR for the following week. I interviewed with the HR manager who was incredibly friendly. She told me she knew of a department that she believed would be a good fit for me and asked if I would be willing to interview with that manager right away. A few moments later the manager walked in and basically repeated the same questions I had just gone through with HR. At the end of the questions she brought me back to the department to show me around, and then had me pick a piece of merchandise from the racks and try to sell it to her as if she was a customer. It was kind of intimidating to be put on the spot like that but she was really nice about the whole thing. She called me later that day to offer me the position and I started the following week.

Interview Question – "Sell" an item on the floor to the manager as if he/she was an actual customer.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard from them within 2-3 weeks. interview is based on the department you're applying for. Example: BP juniors had a very relaxed process because of the nature of the department. They just asked about blogs and how you would service the young customer.

Interview Question – You notice a garment is not fitting the customer properly and they are frustrated. what do you do?   View Answer