Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2014.

Interview

completed application on line and received a phone interview notification via email. A assistant recruiter called me and the phone screening interview lasted about 15 minutes. She had to contact me twice prior to my in-person interview 1) their scheduling system wasn't updated to book an interview 2) my initial position was already filled while I was waiting for her call back-- It took about two days.

On the interview day, they called and left messages about changing interview time when I was already in the building. Finally we went ahead with our original interview time. The interview went OK. I would not apply for any position for Nordstrom in the future.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied online and went to the store the next day to personally hand in another copy of my resume. I think this helped me a lot because I got to meet with the department manager face-to-face, which is always a leg up (not being just a piece of paper). The process took about a week in total. I was called in for an interview several days later; there was a basic question interview followed by a performance review. I was called in again the next day to talk to the store manager, which included more conversational questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to come up with several outfits based on a customer profile they invent for you on the spot.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very basic retail interview system, asked about experiences and what I could bring to the store. Included many things about what would be expected of you and how you were going to be given the tools to achieve your goals.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

First you go through a telephone interview - pretty simple questions about your work experience and why you want to work at Nordstrom. Once you go through that, they will set up a group interview after which you meet with the manager or assistant manager. You have to do a sales pitch. It's pretty basic and simple.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pitch a sale of a shoe brand I was unfamiliar with, to a man.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you get commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email the next day asking me to choose an interview day and time. Met with HR and then they asked me to meet with the department manager, this took about an hour and a half. I was then asked to come back the next day to meet the store manager, this only took about five minutes (clearly she didn't like me very much). Two days later I was informed that I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

it took one month. I applied online.got an email in four weeks time to make an appointment for a phone interview.Had the phone interview the next day and was asked to come for the face to face interview the following day.had the interview with two managers and after i was asked to role play sales. the whole process took about 1hr 30mins

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by an interview with HR and then the department Manager. The questions are geared towards customer service and selling. You must be very available if you want to work full time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unpleasant customer? And how did you satisfy the customers needs?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Long questionnaire. One-on-one interview a week later with HR person. Then one week training with 2 other new hires. I got Women's Shoes with best commission in the store- 10%. Probably hardest job in the store though with all of the running around for indecisive women.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to leave your current job for this one?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The process begins with an online application, if approved there is a phone interview and possible a second phone interview, the next step after this is an in person meeting with a Human Resources Manager, and finally an interview with the Department Manager of whom you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer issue you have had and how did you handle this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online - uploaded my resume, references, and other stuff. I got an email back the next day or two telling me to set up a phone interview online. I scheduled it, and waited for the day I'd get the call. On the day of the scheduled phone interview, the manager? interviewer? called about two hours late, so just make sure you're open two hours before and after your original time slot. The questions were pretty simple - Why Nordstrom? Give an example of good customer service? - and after that, the interviewer forwarded my information to the manager of the department I was applying to. She then set up a face to face interview, which was also pretty casual. It was one-on-one, and short (15 minutes max).

Interview Questions

• Selling scenario - pick an outfit for a specific occasion and sell it to the department manager. Because it was so spontaneous, it was somewhat difficult, but just stay calm and it should be good.   Answer Question