Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

329 interviews

2.5

329 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sale Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Apply online, but try to make a connection with someone who works at a store who can push your application through HR. You'll probably interview with HR first, then pop around to different departments. Don't worry if you aren't accepted by the first department you interview with, the manager will probably pass you along to a friend!

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Had 2 interviews, one over the phone and the other in person. The phone interview was just to see what type of person you are. The face to face interview is with your department manager is was relatively easy. I just had to answer a few questions and I was in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online. I got a phone call from HR doing a quick preliminary interview. I was asked to come in for an interview quickly after that. My interview took place with someone from HR and then a department assistant manager came in and interviewed me as well. I received a phone call from the manager within 3 days offering me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2012.

First, everyone interviews with HR on the phone and if they like you then you get an interview with the manager of the department you are applying for.

I only interviewed once with the department manager. Several other employees said they interviewed with the department manager and then with the store manager.

All questions are about examples of either customer service or sales
    -nothing to difficult or hard
    -i mostly made up stories that I thought they would like and it got me hired

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, its all common sense. You don't need to be a genius to be hired, just show that you are friendly, lots of energy, and that you can sell any product.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation ! You get what ever the commission rate is for that department. ONLY COMMISSION pay if you don't make at least $9 an hour from commission then CONSIDER YOUR SELF FIRED!

Sales Associate Interview

difficult online application finally reached someone in HR who invited me in after becoming aware of my experience

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Served as a Fashion Board Intern for three years in their BP Department. After graduating high school, I was asked to join their sales team. I interviewed with the Manager of BP.

Sales Associate Interview

There are many interviews you have to go through to get hired. First, the HR phone screen, then HR in person interview, then Manager interview. Many stores require a store manager interview as well.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation, you get an offer and accept.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

My entire interview process was done over the phone because I was applying for a position in another state. I first had a general interview with HR then the department manager a few days later. Be prepared to sell something something from the department you are applying for and showing that you know how to cross sell from other departments is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade a customer who is hesitant to buy?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Phone interview first, followed by an interview session. Once hired, there is a two day classroom training process before floor training.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to try and sell an item from the department you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Process took about two months from beginning to end