Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.5

333 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

When i first applied, they didnt call me after two weeks, i was the one that called them. They had a phone interview with me that was about 10 minutes and it was basically asking me if i had any experience selling in a commission driven environment, and if i had every worked in retail before. The in office interview was basically asking be about life experiences and obstacles i faced working in a team environment.

Interview Questions
  • How wold i sell a piece of clothing? there wasn't really a difficult question   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and received an email shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was short (about 10 minutes long) . At the end of the interview, the lady said that she would send me an email in a couple of days. My interview was on a Friday and I received an email on Monday saying that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you weren't able to accomplish a goal, and how did you deal with it?
      What skills do you think are most important for this job?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

You submit an online application. then have a trial interview with HR. Then an in person interview with someone from HR and your future department manager.

there is no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interviewed with Rep and Store Manager. Both were very nice. Ask a few personal and professional questions on shopping, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What is my favorite place to shop.   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Apply online, but try to make a connection with someone who works at a store who can push your application through HR. You'll probably interview with HR first, then pop around to different departments. Don't worry if you aren't accepted by the first department you interview with, the manager will probably pass you along to a friend!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Had 2 interviews, one over the phone and the other in person. The phone interview was just to see what type of person you are. The face to face interview is with your department manager is was relatively easy. I just had to answer a few questions and I was in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online. I got a phone call from HR doing a quick preliminary interview. I was asked to come in for an interview quickly after that. My interview took place with someone from HR and then a department assistant manager came in and interviewed me as well. I received a phone call from the manager within 3 days offering me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2012.

First, everyone interviews with HR on the phone and if they like you then you get an interview with the manager of the department you are applying for.

I only interviewed once with the department manager. Several other employees said they interviewed with the department manager and then with the store manager.

All questions are about examples of either customer service or sales
    -nothing to difficult or hard
    -i mostly made up stories that I thought they would like and it got me hired

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, its all common sense. You don't need to be a genius to be hired, just show that you are friendly, lots of energy, and that you can sell any product.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation ! You get what ever the commission rate is for that department. ONLY COMMISSION pay if you don't make at least $9 an hour from commission then CONSIDER YOUR SELF FIRED!

Sales Associate Interview

difficult online application finally reached someone in HR who invited me in after becoming aware of my experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Served as a Fashion Board Intern for three years in their BP Department. After graduating high school, I was asked to join their sales team. I interviewed with the Manager of BP.