Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.5

345 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

Applied online and was contacted for an over the phone interview. Then after, was invited to come in and interview in person. One room set aside for interviewing. Three tables, with three managers at each table. Rotated tables for mini speed dating like interviews. Was offered the job around 5 days after.

Interview Questions
  • 1.) Sell me this... They'll hand you a piece of jewelry etc. and expect you to do a role-play with them. Pretend as if they're a customer and approach it as that.
    2.) A time you did not achieve a goal?
    3.) Greatest accomplishment?
    4.) Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?
    5.) Which department would you like to work in and why?
    6.) Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question
None. Min wage base + commission.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

It was average. Nothing too unexpected or out of the ordinary. Just be yourself. They already seem to know what they want. If you fit the bill than great.

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Apply online, but try to make a connection with someone who works at a store who can push your application through HR. You'll probably interview with HR first, then pop around to different departments. Don't worry if you aren't accepted by the first department you interview with, the manager will probably pass you along to a friend!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online. I got a phone call from HR doing a quick preliminary interview. I was asked to come in for an interview quickly after that. My interview took place with someone from HR and then a department assistant manager came in and interviewed me as well. I received a phone call from the manager within 3 days offering me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

difficult online application finally reached someone in HR who invited me in after becoming aware of my experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Served as a Fashion Board Intern for three years in their BP Department. After graduating high school, I was asked to join their sales team. I interviewed with the Manager of BP.

Sales Associate Interview

There are many interviews you have to go through to get hired. First, the HR phone screen, then HR in person interview, then Manager interview. Many stores require a store manager interview as well.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation, you get an offer and accept.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

My entire interview process was done over the phone because I was applying for a position in another state. I first had a general interview with HR then the department manager a few days later. Be prepared to sell something something from the department you are applying for and showing that you know how to cross sell from other departments is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade a customer who is hesitant to buy?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Phone interview first, followed by an interview session. Once hired, there is a two day classroom training process before floor training.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to try and sell an item from the department you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

I received an email telling me if I would like to set up the time and date for the interview. I replied promptly afterward and chose the time and date. The interview was easy and fun. I had the interview with HR and then my department manager.