Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

329 interviews

2.5

329 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2012.

Interviewed in June 2012.

Applied online. Then went through a phone interview with vey basic questions. Second interview was with the manager in one to one. Third interview was a selling based interview. Process took around 4 days.

Interview Questions
  • How I was planing to seek out customers over the phone and not just infront of me coming into the store.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Applied online. Received a call rather quickly. First interview was short telephone conversation/questions. Was asked to come to the store for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Received a tour within the department. While on the tour, interviewer noted a tee-shirt that was a item the store was currently promoting. I was asked to demonstrate how I would sell that item to a customer, not knowing anything about the product other than what I observed of the item and display during the tour.   Answer Question

Accepted different job

Sales Associate Interview

A lot of "what if" questions based on customer service

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Very professional and fun.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

So effortless and amazing. Great company to work for.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied Online and received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and she asked me to come in for in person interview. Interview was very similar to phone interview however she did ask me more situational questions regarding customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you displayed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was short (less than 5 minutes) and consisted of general interview questions as well as a few about commission sales. At the end of the phone interview we scheduled a face to face interview with HR for the following week. I interviewed with the HR manager who was incredibly friendly. She told me she knew of a department that she believed would be a good fit for me and asked if I would be willing to interview with that manager right away. A few moments later the manager walked in and basically repeated the same questions I had just gone through with HR. At the end of the questions she brought me back to the department to show me around, and then had me pick a piece of merchandise from the racks and try to sell it to her as if she was a customer. It was kind of intimidating to be put on the spot like that but she was really nice about the whole thing. She called me later that day to offer me the position and I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell" an item on the floor to the manager as if he/she was an actual customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2013.

Applied online, heard from them within 2-3 weeks. interview is based on the department you're applying for. Example: BP juniors had a very relaxed process because of the nature of the department. They just asked about blogs and how you would service the young customer.

Interview Questions
    • You notice a garment is not fitting the customer properly and they are frustrated. what do you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

There was a phone interview. Then they had me come into the store to interview. Once I was there they told me it would be a panel of six asking me questions. They then had me do a mock sales situation to see what my style was like.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the same as the phone interview.   Answer Question
    they asked what department I would like to be in.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Was originally interviewed for Retail Management Internship. Had one phone interview then a panel interview with HR assistant manager and 2-3 department managers (one of which was a previous intern). Questions were very basic and I felt extremely confident. However, I was instead given a position as a sales associate in the new Savvy department.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a co-worker who was not doing well sales wise.   View Answer