Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.5

345 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Process took about two months from beginning to end

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

A lot of "what if" questions based on customer service

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

So effortless and amazing. Great company to work for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied Online and received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and she asked me to come in for in person interview. Interview was very similar to phone interview however she did ask me more situational questions regarding customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you displayed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was short (less than 5 minutes) and consisted of general interview questions as well as a few about commission sales. At the end of the phone interview we scheduled a face to face interview with HR for the following week. I interviewed with the HR manager who was incredibly friendly. She told me she knew of a department that she believed would be a good fit for me and asked if I would be willing to interview with that manager right away. A few moments later the manager walked in and basically repeated the same questions I had just gone through with HR. At the end of the questions she brought me back to the department to show me around, and then had me pick a piece of merchandise from the racks and try to sell it to her as if she was a customer. It was kind of intimidating to be put on the spot like that but she was really nice about the whole thing. She called me later that day to offer me the position and I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell" an item on the floor to the manager as if he/she was an actual customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied for stylist position. Unfortunately the manager is out in maternity leave. But interview was easy overall. Over the phone. Then in person hr&dept. Then was offered sales position

Interview Questions
    • Mock sale on the floor to dept manager   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interviewed with Department Manager and Store Manager. After an initial online assessment, advanced to the next stage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interviewed with Rep and Store Manager. Both were very nice. Ask a few personal and professional questions on shopping, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What is my favorite place to shop.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

First email, then phone interview, then a group and single interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Process is quite long. You go through 4 interviews before you know if you got the job or not. First phone interview with HR associate, then in person interview with the HR associate, after in person interview with the dept manager, and lastly with the store manager. They all ask you essentially the same questions and it can get very reduntant. Dept manager asks different types of questions and incorporates selling exercises into it as well.

Interview Questions
    • They catch you off guard when you are interviewing with the dept manager. They ask you several selling questions, i.e. sell me this product etc. You have to be able to think on your toes, even if you have no idea what on earth you are selling.   Answer Question
    None.