Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2014.

Interview

completed application on line and received a phone interview notification via email. A assistant recruiter called me and the phone screening interview lasted about 15 minutes. She had to contact me twice prior to my in-person interview 1) their scheduling system wasn't updated to book an interview 2) my initial position was already filled while I was waiting for her call back-- It took about two days.

On the interview day, they called and left messages about changing interview time when I was already in the building. Finally we went ahead with our original interview time. The interview went OK. I would not apply for any position for Nordstrom in the future.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Canton, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Ihe online application has you select a department like "women's fashion" or "shoes" and then the manager you speak with is a manager of a department within that department who is hiring. Ex: I wanted women's fashion and t.b.d is a department nested under women's fashion. Since t.b.d was hiring, I met with that department manager. She was super nice and non-threatening. She asked me the standard questions, some behavioral but not all. Then she described a customer to me and had me walk around and pick out an outfit for the imaginary customer.

Remember to emphasize CUSTOMER SERVICE. That phrase will get you everywhere in a Nordy's interview. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied online and went to the store the next day to personally hand in another copy of my resume. I think this helped me a lot because I got to meet with the department manager face-to-face, which is always a leg up (not being just a piece of paper). The process took about a week in total. I was called in for an interview several days later; there was a basic question interview followed by a performance review. I was called in again the next day to talk to the store manager, which included more conversational questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to come up with several outfits based on a customer profile they invent for you on the spot.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very basic retail interview system, asked about experiences and what I could bring to the store. Included many things about what would be expected of you and how you were going to be given the tools to achieve your goals.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

First you go through a telephone interview - pretty simple questions about your work experience and why you want to work at Nordstrom. Once you go through that, they will set up a group interview after which you meet with the manager or assistant manager. You have to do a sales pitch. It's pretty basic and simple.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pitch a sale of a shoe brand I was unfamiliar with, to a man.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you get commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email the next day asking me to choose an interview day and time. Met with HR and then they asked me to meet with the department manager, this took about an hour and a half. I was then asked to come back the next day to meet the store manager, this only took about five minutes (clearly she didn't like me very much). Two days later I was informed that I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

it took one month. I applied online.got an email in four weeks time to make an appointment for a phone interview.Had the phone interview the next day and was asked to come for the face to face interview the following day.had the interview with two managers and after i was asked to role play sales. the whole process took about 1hr 30mins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Edison, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was a singular one, even though I walked in with a group of girls. Not sure if it was mandatory, but it helped to wear mostly all black. *YOU WILL BE INTERVIEWED BY A MANAGER OF SOME SORT, so be on your best behavior. The interview process lasted no longer than 30min. If you know how to answer question swiftly, remain calm, seem friendly, and sell your skills, you'll do just fine. *THEY DO HIRE ENTRY LEVEL, so don't be afraid if you don't have any past retail exp.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the company? What do you know about the company? How many years of experience do you have in retail? How would you sell this item to a customer? What brands do you like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days. I was emailed to come in for an interview the next day. Questions were not all easy and i was interviewed twice. They called the next day and said they went with another candidate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by an interview with HR and then the department Manager. The questions are geared towards customer service and selling. You must be very available if you want to work full time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unpleasant customer? And how did you satisfy the customers needs?   Answer Question