Nordstrom

Nordstrom Sales Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2011.

Interview Details – You initially have an interview via the phone with someone in HR, and from there you move on to an in-person interview at one of the Nordstrom stores. During the in-person interview you are asked situationally questions and then asked to sell a product from the store. You have to describe the benefits and features and do a quick role play as if you are a sales associate. Very relaxed interview in-person, easy to answer questions and overall a great experience!

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you failed?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2010.

Interview Details – First, I got a phone interview. It was brief and informal with a few basic questions like what are your career goals?, then we scheduled a time a on-site interview.
The on-site interview was one-on-one with the HR person. Some questions are scenario-based, some ask for past experiences and examples that demonstrate certain qualifications. Overall, they want to know that you are a competitive person that will be able to adapt and succeed in their commission based system. After the HR person, a department manage came in to interview me. That particular department was the one I was hired for. She asked me some similar types of questions.
The entire interview took about an hour and a half, but it didn't seem like it was that long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example in which you successfully persuade someone to do something.   Answer Question
  • What would you do if one of your co-workers is not doing well, sales wise?   Answer Question

Sales Intern

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2011.

Interview Details – Asked basic interview questions but mostly behavioral ones like tell me a time when you demonstrated leadership, a time when you worked with a team, and a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2010.

Interview Details – First I got a call for a phone interview and they asked the basic interview questions such as "tell me about yourself..why do you want to join the company" and then they asked for me to do an one on one interview in which i met with the human resource manager and answered general questions and questions about why i wanted to work in sales and questions like "describe a time when you....."

Interview Question – What would you do with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!