Nordstrom Sales Interview Questions

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I interviewed with HR. They were pleasant. I ended up being told that the appropriate manager would contact me. She was not as nice to speak with as HR.

Interview Questions
  • (Survey question)How many of your friends/acquaintances are entrepreneurs.   View Answer
Make sure that you say what you want. If you want to work in a specific department, say so.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2008.

I applied online for a sales position and went in for a group interview. There were a couple of different interview dates and the one I went to had about 15 people there for the interview. We all went through 2 interviews with the heads of different departments. Each interview lasted about 10 minutes. I waited a week for them to call back telling me that I wasn't picked but my application would still be on file if they need workers later on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2012.

I applied online for a position in Womens Sales and was contacted 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. My phone interview took place the next day and I was offered a spot to come in for their open interviews at the beginning of the next week. The open interview contained approximately 40 people. We all went into the conference room and were introduced to the managers of each department that was hiring. I interviewed with two departments. My first interview lasted about 5 minutes, my second interview lasted about 20 minutes and ended with the women asking me to "sell" them several pieces of clothing. I have never done retail before, but I love fashion so I used my best discretion. The two managers said I did great, handed me their cards, sent me home from the interviews and said they would be in contact within the week because they wanted to "move forward". I received a call 3 days later and was officially offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer with high expectations   Answer Question
    • How would/wouldn't your work habits change if you did not have a weekly sales goal to meet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

Applied online. Got a call to come in for an imterviewed. Was interviewed outside by the Nordstrom cafe. Very easy interview. The manager mainly asked about my past experience, what my interest was in her department, etc. Afterwar she showed me around the department and had me pick an item to "sell" to her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2010.

I interviewed over the phone than had three interviews with different managers one being the store manager. All of the questions were fairly easy. They mainly wanted to know about my experience, my ideas on customer service, and why I might enjoy working with them. The person-to-person interviews all basically asked me the same questions because they read off of a script. The only person who could ask me whatever he/she wanted was the department manager and store manager, but strangely enough the final decision was left to the department manager. If they show you around, and tell you that they will call you back it is most likely that you got the job. The manager tried to give me a description of the work environment. They told me that they train everyone to succeed, and that you can go anywhere you want with the company, but I began to think differently when I actually worked there. The interview process was actually very professional, and I felt like I was interviewing for a high end job even though I was not.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you and a coworker to do a task, and your coworker decided to not do his or her best what would you say to that person?...after you gave encouragement what if your coworker said "You're not my manager."   View Answer
    I just accepted the job I was desperate.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2009.

phone interview and then a 1:1

Interview Questions
    non negotiable offer standard pay

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!