Nordstrom Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Nordstrom.

This was a long time ago but it was a general interview with the department's floor manager. Started out first as a seasonal employee and then stayed full time once they determined I was capable of handling tenured employee tasks.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions as I was referred by a fellow co-worker and had to go through the formal interview process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied so many times online to many different positions. I finally got an email asking to come in for a group interview. There were about 20 women there applying for sales positions and we got called in one by one. I met with the manager of a certain department and she asked me behavioral type questions. She then told me to go back to the waiting area and someone from HR would be with me soon to talk about the rest of the process. Instead, she came back out and interviewed me again herself. The next interview was more about her informing me about her specific department. That went well, so she brought me out on the floor and asked me to sell her 3 items.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me to sell her 3 pieces of clothing. I've never sold clothing before so it was definitely a learning experience. Just be yourself and it will be fine.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Applied online and had a sit down with the department manager. He asked a couple behavioral questions and looked over my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

You get a call form HR to come in for an interview they have your app ready the supervisor from that department comes and gets you takes you to the side or a room and interviews you...if he or she likes you then you get the job and he or she will tell you themselves....if you don't get it they will tell you we will be in contact with you but you should know or have an idea before leaving bc it's that managers choice.. then you start to get all these notifications through your email about the next steps from HR about your paper work no needed to go back in to do that...then you are given a date to go in for orientation which I must admits is pretty informative...I was in Miami so it depends on how big your area is as to were the orientation will be. if it's only one store then that's where you will be...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult standard how would you handle an irate customer situation   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

1. Online Application
    2. Phone Interview
    3. HR interview
    4. Department Manager interview
    5. Possible store manager interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2008.

I had no retail experience but had a friend referred me to an interview with the company. Had a one on one interview with the department manager. The interview lasted about 45 mins and the manager was easy to talk to. Got a call back two days later and was informed that I got the job and my training is next week.

Interview Questions
    • How to meet sales goal if I didn't come close that month?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2011.

Applied online, they emailed me back to schedule a phone interview. They called me in to have a in-person interview with HR so I am scheduled to interview today

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2010.

phone interview, 1 on 1, then accepted! It was really easy and it was a great experience overall!

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

it was a very long and vigourous review. it checked and pointed on every little aspect to question revolving around your and your judgement. overall i wopuld say it was very difficult and time consuming. when you thought it was over, there was a whole another part to pout of no where.

Interview Questions
    • what do you see as a good way to increase revunue with out down staffing?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

Applied online, and was asked by online notification to choose a date for a phone interview. Phone interview was at the exact time requested. If you pass phone interview you are given a time for a personal interview, which turns out to be a group interview and manager presentation, it's kind of weird.

Interview Questions
    • If you're working on a project given to you by your manager that needs to be finished before the end of your shift and you only have 2 more hours remaining to finish the project and clean your area and a customer comes in asking you to help them locate a product they saw at another store location what do you do.   View Answer
    • How do you handle an angry customer and keep them calm.   View Answer
    if you are wanting a consistent job be specific in your request and get confirmation because the company will hire you and then tell you they don't have the hours to keep you and then let you go without 2 weeks notice. Don't accept a job here if you "need" it for major bills and survival, only take the job if you have other security and can afford to be fired at any moment. Don't take the offer seriously because they don't take you or your needs serious.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!