Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – This was a long time ago but it was a general interview with the department's floor manager. Started out first as a seasonal employee and then stayed full time once they determined I was capable of handling tenured employee tasks.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as I was referred by a fellow co-worker and had to go through the formal interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied so many times online to many different positions. I finally got an email asking to come in for a group interview. There were about 20 women there applying for sales positions and we got called in one by one. I met with the manager of a certain department and she asked me behavioral type questions. She then told me to go back to the waiting area and someone from HR would be with me soon to talk about the rest of the process. Instead, she came back out and interviewed me again herself. The next interview was more about her informing me about her specific department. That went well, so she brought me out on the floor and asked me to sell her 3 items.

Interview Question – She asked me to sell her 3 pieces of clothing. I've never sold clothing before so it was definitely a learning experience. Just be yourself and it will be fine.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – Applied online and had a sit down with the department manager. He asked a couple behavioral questions and looked over my resume.

Interview Question – Situational questions   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – You get a call form HR to come in for an interview they have your app ready the supervisor from that department comes and gets you takes you to the side or a room and interviews you...if he or she likes you then you get the job and he or she will tell you themselves....if you don't get it they will tell you we will be in contact with you but you should know or have an idea before leaving bc it's that managers choice.. then you start to get all these notifications through your email about the next steps from HR about your paper work no needed to go back in to do that...then you are given a date to go in for orientation which I must admits is pretty informative...I was in Miami so it depends on how big your area is as to were the orientation will be. if it's only one store then that's where you will be...

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult standard how would you handle an irate customer situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – 1. Online Application
2. Phone Interview
3. HR interview
4. Department Manager interview
5. Possible store manager interview

Interview Question – Why do you fit for this position?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2008.

Interview Details – I had no retail experience but had a friend referred me to an interview with the company. Had a one on one interview with the department manager. The interview lasted about 45 mins and the manager was easy to talk to. Got a call back two days later and was informed that I got the job and my training is next week.

Interview Question – How to meet sales goal if I didn't come close that month?   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, they emailed me back to schedule a phone interview. They called me in to have a in-person interview with HR so I am scheduled to interview today

Interview Question – who was the most difficult customer?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview, 1 on 1, then accepted! It was really easy and it was a great experience overall!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

Interview Details – it was a very long and vigourous review. it checked and pointed on every little aspect to question revolving around your and your judgement. overall i wopuld say it was very difficult and time consuming. when you thought it was over, there was a whole another part to pout of no where.

Interview Question – what do you see as a good way to increase revunue with out down staffing?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was asked by online notification to choose a date for a phone interview. Phone interview was at the exact time requested. If you pass phone interview you are given a time for a personal interview, which turns out to be a group interview and manager presentation, it's kind of weird.

Interview Questions

• If you're working on a project given to you by your manager that needs to be finished before the end of your shift and you only have 2 more hours remaining to finish the project and clean your area and a customer comes in asking you to help them locate a product they saw at another store location what do you do.   View Answer
  • How do you handle an angry customer and keep them calm.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – if you are wanting a consistent job be specific in your request and get confirmation because the company will hire you and then tell you they don't have the hours to keep you and then let you go without 2 weeks notice. Don't accept a job here if you "need" it for major bills and survival, only take the job if you have other security and can afford to be fired at any moment. Don't take the offer seriously because they don't take you or your needs serious.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!