Nordstrom Salesperson Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's pretty much like any other retail interview. They asked very simple situational questions like "Was there ever a time when a customer was upset with you? If yes, how did you handle this?"

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when a customer was upset with you? If yes, how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. PLEASE RESEARCH NORDSTROM COMMISSION PRACTICES BEFORE ACCEPTING A POSITION.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Salesperson Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call. Asked to set up an interview. Met for the interview. Asked me basic questions. Scenario type questions. Walked the floor and showed the different departments. Said that they will call back with a decision. Prompt response on their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two department managers. Asked a few questions about prior experience in customer service/retail. Was given an overview of the history of Nordstrom. Was asked to play out customer/salesperson scenario and how I would provide product knowledge to the customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred from a friend that worked there already, I applied online and HR called me the next day to schedule a phone interview. The department manager called me the next day to schedule an in person interview with him and the assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to meet a customers needs   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Interview

There was a large focus placed around customer service. There was also a selling role play included after the interview. At Nordstrom, it's all about making the customer happy and providing a positive shopping experience. Let your personality shine through!

Interview Questions

• Sell me this bracelet. What are the top 3 selling points of this bracelet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview, talk to whichever department manager you want to work for, they will ask you about yourself and some basic interview question and then may show you around their department, relaxed and fun interview set up, got a call two days later with an offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy phone screen then in person interview where they mostly talk about the culture and little about work experience. They mostly want to hear that you are extremely customer service focused and care mostly about pleasing the customer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer is just the standard commission rate of the department, no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Dulles, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

The department manager called talking about the job description, hours of work and days and scheduled an interview in person. The question asked in the interview where the same they usually ask at any retail company.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you exceeded your manager's expectations.   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Online application, received an email to set up a phone interview. After this I was asked to come in for an in person interview and I first interviewed with the assistant HR manager. After this interview the department manager was called up and I interviewed with him. All three interviews had similar questions. Focus of questions is on competition, teamwork, selling and service.

Interview Questions

• You have to sell the department manager interviewing you something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation the position was draw against commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

After applying, I received a phone call from the human resources department of the store that I applied at. I was asked basic interview questions (tell me about yourself, what interests you about Nordstrom, etc.) After the phone interview I received an email inviting me to a face-to-face interview. When I came in I was first interviewed by human resources. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview, but I did get some more difficult questions going over what qualities I possess and why I would be a good fit. I was also asked about past experiences and situations and how I handled them. After that interview, I was then immediately interviewed by the department manager of the department that I applied for. The manager asked me similar questions initially but then proceeded to ask me about fashion and how it affects my life. Then I was asked about why I applied for that specific department and then I was given hypothetical scenarios that involved using my selling skills and customer service knowledge. After that interview, I waited in the room alone for a few minutes until the department manager came back in and offered me the job right at that moment.

Interview Questions

• I had a yellow folder with my resume in it during the interview. I was asked about what I would do to sell someone that folder. And once I answered I was asked about what I would do to ensure that I close the sale.   Answer Question