Nordstrom Interview Questions & Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Follow-up to Personal Stylist Interview On June III, 2014 Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

It took them 8 days after the interview to get back to me. The manager said they had decided not to hire for this position as is was so late in the season already. She did say that they were impressed with my interview and asked if she could pass my resume along to HR. She said I should be hearing from them in the next day or two.

Interview Questions
    • This was a follow up post concerning an interview I had earlier in June. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

On line applications. If you have previous experience in sales You need to go in after you apply. Talk with the manager or managers. Get noticed. A lot of people apply.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions deal with how you can show excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2010.

I interviewed over the phone than had three interviews with different managers one being the store manager. All of the questions were fairly easy. They mainly wanted to know about my experience, my ideas on customer service, and why I might enjoy working with them. The person-to-person interviews all basically asked me the same questions because they read off of a script. The only person who could ask me whatever he/she wanted was the department manager and store manager, but strangely enough the final decision was left to the department manager. If they show you around, and tell you that they will call you back it is most likely that you got the job. The manager tried to give me a description of the work environment. They told me that they train everyone to succeed, and that you can go anywhere you want with the company, but I began to think differently when I actually worked there. The interview process was actually very professional, and I felt like I was interviewing for a high end job even though I was not.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you and a coworker to do a task, and your coworker decided to not do his or her best what would you say to that person?...after you gave encouragement what if your coworker said "You're not my manager."   View Answer
    I just accepted the job I was desperate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2008.

Dress sharp and fashionable preferably in black especially for any makeup counter positions since that is what they wear usually. Be on time and prepared. Bring a professional folder and write down notes and get their business card to follow up. Ask questions about the hiring manager's experience working for Nordstrom, their likes and dislikes. Be sure to add that you are a regular shopper of Nordstrom's and find that their customer service is the best around. Also add that if you have had any customer service training that would benefit Nordstrom's if offered the position and how important you think this is to a business. They may ask you to define customer service.

Interview Questions
    No, they start everyone at the same pay.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!