Nordstrom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Marketing Manager Interview

Database Marketing Manager
San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2011.

Interview Details – Great experience! Interview was very well organized. Recruiter asked great questions. The company background and future plans were exciting to here. The product selection, current hiring, and future plans of the company seem very fulfilling for an employee.

Interview Question – Interview location   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was odd that there was no one to meet me for my interview at the scheduled time had to pick up a phone to page.

Interview Question – How have you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on line and within the next couple days I was called and asked to interview.
The HR person seemed a bit inexperienced, but he did get the department manager to interview me on the spot. I thought he not only saw " a great candidate" but he avoided wasting time by doing this. The management was nice.

Interview Question – What is your biggest accomplishment in your life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no problem, except the $9 per hour was not enough for all the retail sales responsibilities and not enough selling time. Also, too many sales people on duty at the same time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Management Internship Interview

Retail Management Internship
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details – I schedule the date that I wanted the interview was on the phone. They I asked you the basic like why do you want to work for Nordstrom?, do you in some moment have to be the leader in work or in school?what do you think of customer service?

Interview Question – what are your goals in your life? & in Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Studio 121 Interview

Studio 121
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2010.

Interview Details – Three interviews, cheesy questions, you act out a phone call and a customer walking in to your department

Interview Question – Phone call   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clerk Interview

Clerk
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2009.

Interview Details – Worked here for a summer and had a great experience. Plenty of training and happy people to help you along when you need it. I would recommend this employer to anyone that wants to see how a proper retail store is managed

Interview Question – Customer service related ones   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Assistant Department Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with department manager and store manager. Works highly on referrals.

Interview Question – questions on how you plan to train employees. Use specific examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online for a sales associate position and received a call about a month later. I participated in a phone interview that took approximately ten minutes. The basic questions were asked such as; "Why Nordstrom?", "What is good customer service?", "How would you handle a difficult customer?", etc... My in person interview was scheduled for two days after my phone interview. Similar questions were asked along with situational trype questions. A week after my interview I received a call from the manager who interviewed me. I was offered the job over the phone and I accepted.

Interview Question – I read up on the company and reviewed basic interview Q&As before going in for my interview, so I didn't honk there were any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. Nordstrom starts their employees at a good rate, better than most retailers.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a total of 3 interviews; the first one was over the phone with someone from H.R. It was about 10 minutes long and they asked me basic interview questions about how I would handle certain situations, and asked me about experiences in past jobs.
My 2nd interview was in person with another person from H.R. It was more of the same type of questions. After that interview was complete I was asked if I wanted to interview with a manger from a list of departments hiring, I said sure but that specific manager was unavailable. I came in a few days later to interview with her. She had me role play selling stuff to her, asked me about my sales background and experience. I received a call a few days later telling me I was hired.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me is always "Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer-what did you do and how did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward interview. Mine was 1:1 with HR in both interviews.
Mostly what they care about is if you are energetic, having strong communication skills, selling skills and etc. Interview questions are behavior, such as, how do you handle conflict, teamwork experience, hw you demonstrate your leadership skills, how to convince someone, what do you see yourself in 5 years. They also care about past retail experience, or teaching experience. Make sure that you convey your strong client service spirits and that you are goal-oriented. Good luck!

Interview Question – give an example of a successful sale   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it is commission based

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!