Nordstrom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.4

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick about 5-15 min, the questions were fairly easy.The first interview was over the phone, the second one in person and with similar questions.Asked about interactions with customers,if comfortable with commission based pay and why Nordstrom.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Inventory Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Escondido, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online (via Indeed) and got a phone call from HR asking if I was available for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes of a few questions about how I do with groups (scenarios from old jobs/experiences). She then scheduled me for an interview in person the following day. The interview was about half an hour and it was very straight forward, I felt very comfortable. Again just questions and going over the job description. I am glad to say I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond even if you weren't required to   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you worked with a group to resolve an issue, what your role was, and did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're very flexible with my schedule

Womens Active Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (La Jolla, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very to the point, focused on customer service and organization. Extremely professional atmosphere. Look the part, everyone there is obviously interested in fashion so you should be too. Closed toed shoes are a do.

Interview Questions

• how would you sell me this?   1 Answer

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview which is simple. Pretty much seeing if you qualify for the position.

Then the in person interview is a 1 on 1 interview in a group setting. Pretty straight forward interview questions. I remember going on glass door before my interview and it was word for word the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What drives you?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with the latest fashion trends?   1 Answer

Retail Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I schedule the date that I wanted the interview was on the phone. They I asked you the basic like why do you want to work for Nordstrom?, do you in some moment have to be the leader in work or in school?what do you think of customer service?

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was odd that there was no one to meet me for my interview at the scheduled time had to pick up a phone to page.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online for a sales associate position and received a call about a month later. I participated in a phone interview that took approximately ten minutes. The basic questions were asked such as; "Why Nordstrom?", "What is good customer service?", "How would you handle a difficult customer?", etc... My in person interview was scheduled for two days after my phone interview. Similar questions were asked along with situational trype questions. A week after my interview I received a call from the manager who interviewed me. I was offered the job over the phone and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I read up on the company and reviewed basic interview Q&As before going in for my interview, so I didn't honk there were any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. Nordstrom starts their employees at a good rate, better than most retailers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews; the first one was over the phone with someone from H.R. It was about 10 minutes long and they asked me basic interview questions about how I would handle certain situations, and asked me about experiences in past jobs.
    My 2nd interview was in person with another person from H.R. It was more of the same type of questions. After that interview was complete I was asked if I wanted to interview with a manger from a list of departments hiring, I said sure but that specific manager was unavailable. I came in a few days later to interview with her. She had me role play selling stuff to her, asked me about my sales background and experience. I received a call a few days later telling me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me is always "Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer-what did you do and how did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward interview. Mine was 1:1 with HR in both interviews.
    Mostly what they care about is if you are energetic, having strong communication skills, selling skills and etc. Interview questions are behavior, such as, how do you handle conflict, teamwork experience, hw you demonstrate your leadership skills, how to convince someone, what do you see yourself in 5 years. They also care about past retail experience, or teaching experience. Make sure that you convey your strong client service spirits and that you are goal-oriented. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• give an example of a successful sale   1 Answer

Negotiation

it is commission based

Database Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Great experience! Interview was very well organized. Recruiter asked great questions. The company background and future plans were exciting to here. The product selection, current hiring, and future plans of the company seem very fulfilling for an employee.