Nordstrom

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2013.

Applied online, had phone interview. Was called into the store. They asked similar questions as they did on the phone and then i was released on the floor for some sales technique. Got hired a week later. long process

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal if a customer complained about you?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2013.

I applied online and about 2 days later I got a call which turned out to be a screening. I had prewritten answers for the usual retail/customer service questions (i.e. Why us? What is customer service to you? What was your first experience at our establishment? Tell us about a time where...?) The phone interview went well because of this and she asked me to come in for an in person interview. When I got there I was offered a drink but declined because I wanted it after. I was interviewed by the manager and the "manager in training" the manager was very nice and would say "nice" after all my responses (good sign). The manager in training was young and seemed bored which was natural for a girl her age. Afterwards the manager began telling me about different options for parking as far as passes, certain lots, shuttles, and such that were available to employees (good sign when a manager speaks on the future). She then asked for me to repeat my availability which was limited at the time. She told me I'd hear back within a week. I got an email about a week later saying they chose other candidates. I already knew it was my limited availability, good thing I had a job somewhere else before I even got the email.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker? - This was only weird because you never want to sound negative in an interview.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2010.

I saw that there were several openings on the Nordstrom website for Santa Monica and applied for them. After doing so, the profile I created online required a personality test (I hear the most neutral you are during this test, the better). I received a call to interview one on one and did. Most of the questions involved listing strengths and weaknesses, reviewed my sales background, asked me why I'd like to work at Nordstrom and asked me to sell their pen to them.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2010.

I filed an application on line after coming across a job position in the new Full line Nordstroms in the New and improved Santa Monica Place. I completed a personality testnin regards to my integrity and my strengths an weaknesses. I was than contacted by email at 10:45 pm. I was invited for a phone interview and was to login and schedule it. Well being I'm not much oF a person to be Online with my info. I never really crate passwords with secret questions. Funny thing was I could not remeber either. I than contaced the corporate office and spoke to a nice man who told me to contact tech-support. I did but I had to wait until Monday when they would be in. I did and I was contacted by email win a new password. I than thanked them and was able to log in. Sadly, there were no available times. The site said to check back often and so I did but still no openings. I love the diverse culture and great customer service of nordstroms. Being recognized for my potential and being compensated in many ways for a frat job. I really wantto work fir this company. I share he same values in regards to providing great customer service. I admire how he company "Sees You". I couldn't give up on this oppurtunity. When I had first contaced corporate the nice man gave me the recruiters contact info for my area. I was now ready to contact her. I really want my interview. She wasnout the two days but had Han left a number for another contact person who can help. She was very bubbly and I can hear her smile. I than contacted this lady ( I will not name names for their security) and I left her a message. She than contacts me the next day and I told her of my situation in regards to there being no open time slots. She than said she would email HR in regards to any available times. This lady also was nice and I can tell this company is where I need to be. I than checked the very net day and Yes!! Time slots. Of course this my finals week so being able to pick my own day was great. After I chose the perfect time. I was emailed shortly after of confirmation. I can see this company is on top of things. As I wait for he big day and study for my big tests. Out of no where I get a call from a lady from the corporate office wondering if I had been able to resolve my problem and if I needed any help or had any questions. I was glad to be contacted in regards to see if all was taken care of. Thank you Nordstroms. Although I have shared my smile You can hear over the phone with a few Nordstroms administrators. I still look forward to my phone interview and I very much look forward to a career and growing with this company.