Nordstrom

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – Applied online and created a profile. Was contacted by HR and was given an informal phone interview. Then a dept manager called me to set up an in person interview. The in store interview was 2 parts, a verbal with multiple questions and scenarios and then a practical where you go on the sales floor and "sell" product to the interviewer.

Interview Question – The practical was challenging, one of the follow up questions was "How would you close this sale?" You are forced to be quick on your feet.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an offer for a phone interview a few days later (even though I did not receive one for several other positions I applied for). Scheduled the phone interview for a few days later, which was quick and mostly behavior/personality questions. It lasted about 10 minutes, and at the end they asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was called the next day and scheduled the in-person interview for a week later. Had an in-person interview with the HR manager (same person as the phone interview) and was asked basically the same questions. Then directly after I met with the department manager and assistant manager, with very similar questions. I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Question – When is a time that you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting online application received an email to set up phone interview, which was mostly personality based, following which I was asked to come into an in person interview. There were many other people interviewing at the time. The interview went over resume and more behavioral questions.

Interview Question – When is a time you had to go above and beyond   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied in mid-early October for the seasonal position. I got an email a week or so later from HR telling me I have an interview for the next week, and gave me forms to fill out online (took about an hour). I went to the interview which ended up being before store hours so the doors were locked, and waited outside to be let in. We were led over to the Bistro and were sat outside where we had to wait our turn. There were multiple managers and HR people interviewing people one on one. They had a form of questions to fill out so nothing would be skipped and everyone got the same questions. It took about 15 minutes or less. Interviewer was very nice and excited. Her bright red lipstick was very distracting, haha. The whole process took about an hour. I got a call back (from a different department than what I applied to) about a week later and had the first day of orientation the next Monday.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you anticipated when a team member needed help. What did you do?   Answer Question

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!