Nordstrom Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.2

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position online, and then called the HR department to check on my application (recommend doing this), talked to a woman who asked me to select a few deparments I might like to work in, as well as the kind of position (cashier/sales/stock) and she passed on my info to those departments. An assistant manager from men's shoes called me to schedule an interview for a few days later, and I went in. Interview lasted 10-15 minutes. Usual questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you worked as a team to solve a problem   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

easy process. I applied online and then had a phone interview that lasted about five minutes. At the end of the phone interview she asked me to come in for an in person interview. Interviewer asked about the same questions as on the phone and it only took about ten minutes. I was called two days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and then within the next day got an e-mail for a phone interview. Set up that, the phone called lasted 5 minutes, only asking a few questions. Met two weeks later for a one-on-one interview. Asked the same questions and then some more. I turned down the offer because I was looking for something with more stable hours but it seems like a pretty good job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you when above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Nothing too crazy; I applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview. After conducting the phone interview I received an email saying that I passed and they wanted to conduct an in-person interview. Very simple process, I went to the HR department and someone from the staff interviewed me in a tiny room. Can't remember the questions because it was so long ago but I basically got the job on the spot and they had me sign the papers and whatnot right then.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just be prepared to answer questions about yourself and your experiences (challenges you've faced, instances of teamwork, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate much as I was a seasonal employee

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and created a profile. Was contacted by HR and was given an informal phone interview. Then a dept manager called me to set up an in person interview. The in store interview was 2 parts, a verbal with multiple questions and scenarios and then a practical where you go on the sales floor and "sell" product to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The practical was challenging, one of the follow up questions was "How would you close this sale?" You are forced to be quick on your feet.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about two days later; however, I was just leaving for class, so I didn't answer. When I got home (3pm) I called back and left a message detailing when I would be available to speak. The next day, I received a call at the same time; this time, I answered and said (just like in my message from the previous day) that I could not talk right now, and told her when I was available for the phone interview. She said she would call back the next day but never did, and did not answer when I called her.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything because I was never called back for the phone interview.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, received an offer for a phone interview a few days later (even though I did not receive one for several other positions I applied for). Scheduled the phone interview for a few days later, which was quick and mostly behavior/personality questions. It lasted about 10 minutes, and at the end they asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was called the next day and scheduled the in-person interview for a week later. Had an in-person interview with the HR manager (same person as the phone interview) and was asked basically the same questions. Then directly after I met with the department manager and assistant manager, with very similar questions. I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2012.

Interview

I applied in mid-early October for the seasonal position. I got an email a week or so later from HR telling me I have an interview for the next week, and gave me forms to fill out online (took about an hour). I went to the interview which ended up being before store hours so the doors were locked, and waited outside to be let in. We were led over to the Bistro and were sat outside where we had to wait our turn. There were multiple managers and HR people interviewing people one on one. They had a form of questions to fill out so nothing would be skipped and everyone got the same questions. It took about 15 minutes or less. Interviewer was very nice and excited. Her bright red lipstick was very distracting, haha. The whole process took about an hour. I got a call back (from a different department than what I applied to) about a week later and had the first day of orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you anticipated when a team member needed help. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

After submitting online application received an email to set up phone interview, which was mostly personality based, following which I was asked to come into an in person interview. There were many other people interviewing at the time. The interview went over resume and more behavioral questions.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Very easy and quick - make sure you sound confident! I applied online and got an email a couple of hours later saying I had the qualifications. I scheduled a phone interview which only lasted about 3 minutes and at the end I was asked to come in for an in-person interview (took around 10-15 minutes. ). The interviewer was very nice and asked pretty much the same questions as those during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe the time you went above and beyond for a customer or a co-worker. Q: Why Nordstrom? Q: What is your favourite department at Nordstrom? Q: Why would you be right for the job? Also, I was not asked this question; however my friend told me she got the question during a phone interview. Q: What do you think are the pros and cons of commission sales?   Answer Question