Nordstrom

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.2

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Nothing too crazy; I applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview. After conducting the phone interview I received an email saying that I passed and they wanted to conduct an in-person interview. Very simple process, I went to the HR department and someone from the staff interviewed me in a tiny room. Can't remember the questions because it was so long ago but I basically got the job on the spot and they had me sign the papers and whatnot right then.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just be prepared to answer questions about yourself and your experiences (challenges you've faced, instances of teamwork, etc.)   Answer Question
Didn't negotiate much as I was a seasonal employee

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Applied online and created a profile. Was contacted by HR and was given an informal phone interview. Then a dept manager called me to set up an in person interview. The in store interview was 2 parts, a verbal with multiple questions and scenarios and then a practical where you go on the sales floor and "sell" product to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The practical was challenging, one of the follow up questions was "How would you close this sale?" You are forced to be quick on your feet.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

I applied online and received a call about two days later; however, I was just leaving for class, so I didn't answer. When I got home (3pm) I called back and left a message detailing when I would be available to speak. The next day, I received a call at the same time; this time, I answered and said (just like in my message from the previous day) that I could not talk right now, and told her when I was available for the phone interview. She said she would call back the next day but never did, and did not answer when I called her.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked anything because I was never called back for the phone interview.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online, received an offer for a phone interview a few days later (even though I did not receive one for several other positions I applied for). Scheduled the phone interview for a few days later, which was quick and mostly behavior/personality questions. It lasted about 10 minutes, and at the end they asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was called the next day and scheduled the in-person interview for a week later. Had an in-person interview with the HR manager (same person as the phone interview) and was asked basically the same questions. Then directly after I met with the department manager and assistant manager, with very similar questions. I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2012.

I applied in mid-early October for the seasonal position. I got an email a week or so later from HR telling me I have an interview for the next week, and gave me forms to fill out online (took about an hour). I went to the interview which ended up being before store hours so the doors were locked, and waited outside to be let in. We were led over to the Bistro and were sat outside where we had to wait our turn. There were multiple managers and HR people interviewing people one on one. They had a form of questions to fill out so nothing would be skipped and everyone got the same questions. It took about 15 minutes or less. Interviewer was very nice and excited. Her bright red lipstick was very distracting, haha. The whole process took about an hour. I got a call back (from a different department than what I applied to) about a week later and had the first day of orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you anticipated when a team member needed help. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2012.

After submitting online application received an email to set up phone interview, which was mostly personality based, following which I was asked to come into an in person interview. There were many other people interviewing at the time. The interview went over resume and more behavioral questions.