Nordstrom Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.6

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I first had a phone interview with Human Resources which was approximately 20 minutes or so. At the end of the phone interview I was offered to schedule an in person interview with upper management, I accepted. The in person interview took approximately 30 minutes. Both were very pleasant and personable women, very professional, honest and informative.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Helps to remain calm and comfortable, not too relaxed and makes a huge difference to review the company web site and know all about their values, mission and goals.   Answer Question
    n/a

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

A colleague from our former employer started working at Nordstrom earlier this year and contacted me about positions she knew were open that may be a good fit as she is enjoying working at Nordstrom and thought it would be a great place for me. Process:

1st week in June: the former colleague referred me and I formally applied
    end of June: email request to speak to the recruiter via phone
    mid-July: phone call with recruiter finally scheduled and took place. Good phone call with next steps stated to be a phone call with the hiring manager
    end of July: learned through an auto-reply to an email I sent that the recruiter was no longer with Nordstrom. I sent an email to the new recruiter.
    two business days later: I received an auto-generated email received that they have decided to pursue other applicants

I do not know what happened internally regarding this job and the original recruiter. I did reach out to the new recruiter after receiving the auto-generated email and she was apologetic and provided as much context as she could, including the fact that an offer had been extended and accepted by another candidate. However, the process took almost two months to end with an impersonal email after being told I would speak with the hiring manager. Nordstrom has a core focus of customer experience, one of which I've known as a top tier Loyalty member. It makes me sad to know the same experience does not extend to recruiting and it has also tainted how I feel about the store and Nordstrom brand.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Disorganized. Disrespectful. Flaky. I applied for the hosiery dept. First there was a phone interview. That went well, they asked me to come in. When I got there they said the hosiery job had been filled but would I like to interview for 4 other departments. I said yes, but none of the department managers were available. I was promised a phone call to reschedule. I have to call 4 times before they got back to me. Finally a manager from yet another department interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I have children, which is an illegal question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Hourly plus negligible commission.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online and got a e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. Two days later the HR called me but I missed the call. Had to reschedule it 3 days later and had the phone interview. Very easy and short just asked a couple questions about why nordstrom and how I feel about customer service. After the phone interview I recieved a multitasking test that took about an hour to take. The next day the HR lady called and said I passed the test and scheduled a person interview in seattle. Met the manager and took another test and passed. He then asked me questions and offered me the position on the spot. However I had to wait for several weeks for HR to clear my background information.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time I gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Men's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

It was quite a good experience overall. The lady who interviewed me was pretty nice and see seemed to have liked me. I was not very nervous, so that was good. She tested my abilities by asking me to see her a piece of merchandise. I did my thing, and it went well.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

phone screening with HR, asked top 3 departments that i wanted to work at. Then interviewed individually at the specific department. Got declined for the first department but called HR and got an interview at another department where i got offered a job. HR is great!

commission based

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

At the time I was hired, the interview process was very humane, and it was a conversation, not a hot seat interrogation. Very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions. It was very straightforward. They had a need and I was the solution.   Answer Question

Direct Marketing Intern At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I submitted my application online the day before the deadline in December. The last week of January I was contacted about phone interview. The phone interview only lasted about ten minutes and essentially asked me to reiterate my resume and confirm my availability. I was asked for an in-person interview several weeks later. In March I attended an in-person interview with three marketing managers who were each hiring multiple interns. They were all friendly and talkative, so I suggest to future applicants to be chatty and friendly. I felt that the interview went fairly well, but I know there were hundreds of applicants, so I can't be sure why they chose not to select me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your favorite Nordstrom Marketing Campaign.

How would you compile a research report on our mobile competitors? How would you condense that information into one powerpoint slide?
        Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

This was bar none the worst interview I have ever had. I read an earlier interview where they said they were heckled and thought the guy must just not be that good, but no, he was RIGHT! I will admit that it wasn't my best interview but I was doing pretty damn well. These guys are so adverse to change especially if you come in there knowing what your talking about they get very defensive. They kept asking me questions and took immediate disinterest when they found I had subject matter expertise; then they changed the question. This was until I said I didn't know, then all hell broke loose and the drilling began. I just couldn't wait to get out of there and spend my day back at my real job. I am not bitter at all about not getting this one, I am in fact so thankful. These guys are the most negative and condescending group I have come across in a long time, although the hiring manager was really nice. If you are a previous Amazon, Microsoft or Google employee do not go here you are over qualified and it will be just like Americas Next Top Model for Architects.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about Nordstrom?   View Answer

Retail Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

It started with a couple emails to set up a phone interview. We scheduled the phone interview between 12:00 and 2:00, and the interviewer called at 1:58. The phone interview was pretty easy and typical, asking questions about a leadership role I've had, some past difficulties etc. The phone interviewer liked me, so she immediately offered me an in person interview and we scheduled a time. I went to the Seattle store and had my in person interview, which consisted of me sitting on the other side of the room as three other women, all from the HR department. They seemed to enjoy me, and we connected well. They asked me more in-depth questions that the phone interviewer had asked me, leadership roles, what was a time you dealt with a difficult customer. Then after about 20 minutes, I was taken into another room where I was asked to select an article of clothing and sell it to the personal stylist who was interviewing me. It wasn't just "okay, sell me this." She asked me a series of questions such as, what are three good selling qualities about the article of clothing, how would you approach a customer's hesitations about buying it, and how do you close a sale? She seemed like she understood each of my answers very well and connected well with me, and even said I would be good in "point of view" sales. The whole process took about 30-40 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • Nordstrom doesn't really have rules, they believe if it seemed right at the time then it's okay. How do you feel about this culture?   Answer Question