Nordstrom

2.6

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2014.

Applied Online, process took about 2-3 weeks. I had originally interviewed with a department manager, she never got back to me, so I had to be really persistent. I ended up interviewing with another department manager and made it through.

Interview Questions
    • Give your most recent experience dealing with a hard customer   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I first had a phone interview with Human Resources which was approximately 20 minutes or so. At the end of the phone interview I was offered to schedule an in person interview with upper management, I accepted. The in person interview took approximately 30 minutes. Both were very pleasant and personable women, very professional, honest and informative.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Helps to remain calm and comfortable, not too relaxed and makes a huge difference to review the company web site and know all about their values, mission and goals.   Answer Question
    n/a

Manager Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

I had one phone interview with the hiring manager. It lasted less then 30 min. I was just asked about my experiences and my current salary. I rate overall experience as negative because even though I followed up after the interview, never heard back from them about status of my application.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you want to earn from this job? I was not expecting this question as the first question to be asked.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

A colleague from our former employer started working at Nordstrom earlier this year and contacted me about positions she knew were open that may be a good fit as she is enjoying working at Nordstrom and thought it would be a great place for me. Process:

1st week in June: the former colleague referred me and I formally applied
    end of June: email request to speak to the recruiter via phone
    mid-July: phone call with recruiter finally scheduled and took place. Good phone call with next steps stated to be a phone call with the hiring manager
    end of July: learned through an auto-reply to an email I sent that the recruiter was no longer with Nordstrom. I sent an email to the new recruiter.
    two business days later: I received an auto-generated email received that they have decided to pursue other applicants

I do not know what happened internally regarding this job and the original recruiter. I did reach out to the new recruiter after receiving the auto-generated email and she was apologetic and provided as much context as she could, including the fact that an offer had been extended and accepted by another candidate. However, the process took almost two months to end with an impersonal email after being told I would speak with the hiring manager. Nordstrom has a core focus of customer experience, one of which I've known as a top tier Loyalty member. It makes me sad to know the same experience does not extend to recruiting and it has also tainted how I feel about the store and Nordstrom brand.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Disorganized. Disrespectful. Flaky. I applied for the hosiery dept. First there was a phone interview. That went well, they asked me to come in. When I got there they said the hosiery job had been filled but would I like to interview for 4 other departments. I said yes, but none of the department managers were available. I was promised a phone call to reschedule. I have to call 4 times before they got back to me. Finally a manager from yet another department interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I have children, which is an illegal question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Hourly plus negligible commission.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online and got a e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. Two days later the HR called me but I missed the call. Had to reschedule it 3 days later and had the phone interview. Very easy and short just asked a couple questions about why nordstrom and how I feel about customer service. After the phone interview I recieved a multitasking test that took about an hour to take. The next day the HR lady called and said I passed the test and scheduled a person interview in seattle. Met the manager and took another test and passed. He then asked me questions and offered me the position on the spot. However I had to wait for several weeks for HR to clear my background information.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time I gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Product Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Group interviews. Like speed dating. Only could answer like 1-3 questions. Was not able to talk about the things I really do. It was fun but high pressure to impress someone in 3 mins. Becareful not to ramble and keep answers short and sweet.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Applied through the career section of Nordstrom.com. Got called for an in-person interview. In person interview consisted of situational questions. Questions like how have to dealt with a difficult person in the past, etc. Then I had to put together 3 outfits for an imaginary business woman.

Sales Associate - Men's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

It was quite a good experience overall. The lady who interviewed me was pretty nice and see seemed to have liked me. I was not very nervous, so that was good. She tested my abilities by asking me to see her a piece of merchandise. I did my thing, and it went well.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

phone screening with HR, asked top 3 departments that i wanted to work at. Then interviewed individually at the specific department. Got declined for the first department but called HR and got an interview at another department where i got offered a job. HR is great!

commission based