Nordstrom

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – manager liked me so I got the job it was that easy. I just had a phone interview too. As soon as some changes were made I was no longer a favorite.

Negotiation Details – no starting was $16.00 for visual that is good starting hourly the cap is $23.00, the company has done some cuts so this might change. I am guessing they will pay visual less.

Salem, OR

I applied in-person and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I had interviewed for the position and it took almost five months before I was offered the job after interviewing. I thought it was odd till I started there and realized you NEVER have time for things like interviews and hiring because there is so much to do all the time in the world of visual merchandising/presentation.

Interview Question – can't think of one specific. I found out that they really look at what you are wearing and how creative and "on trend" you are. They are always looking for raw talent in Visual dept.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation on my part. It was a small store and sort of the bottom of the Nordstrom food chain. I knew I was gonna start a little more than base because of my experience. Nordstrom really pays well for the field compared to every retail chain I have looked at.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2011.

Interview Details – The Visual Manager had me pull three outfits for 3 different customers in 30 minutes. I then described where each "outfit" was going and the target market

Interview Question – who is your fashion icon?   View Answer

Visual Merchandising Interview

Visual Merchandising
Naples, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2009.

Interview Details – HR called, HR Intervied e, The Visual Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred by a happy former employee who loved working for the company. My interview was for a new store, so may have been a little out of the ordinary. Interviewer was professional but relaxed. Explained the position fully and found answers to my questions - even after the initial interview was over. Even after I declined the offer, they asked that I call if I had any additional insights or questions.

Interview Question – How do you feel about rotating areas of responsibility?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Visual Merchandiser interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.