Nordstrom Visual Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.3

Visual Stylist Interview

Interview

Applied for Job online and then invited me to video interview. completed a video interview at home that you record yourself and send in. They reviewed it and invited me to an in-person interview. Interview was at the Nordstrom location I was applying for. The interviewer was the visuals manager and she was really nice and friendly. She asked me questions from a packet and wrote them down and let me ask her a bunch of questions. Then I did 3 pulls for a trend. They are still conducting interviews and so I am still waiting for decisions to be made.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Painless. Asked about work history, your love of fashion, your future goals. Your flexiblitly, due to some night shifts, due to sale and regional visits. How much are you wanting to make, money wise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I knew what is was before going in. I have been wanting in this company for a long time now. I would have taken less.

Visual Stylist Interview

Interview

30 minute interview process, where Visual Manager goes through a series of questions from a handout. Pretty standard questions, and casual conversation between manager and I. Following interview process, walked around store with manager and had to pull 3 looks based on a picked trend. Overall, I had fun!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lead a team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Lakewood, CO).

Interview

Interview process was comfortable and sincere. Had to create "looks" for window display.

Interview Questions

• What magazines do you read?
      Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
      Who is your fashion icon?
      What is my personal style?

Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Interview

Was contacted quickly after submitting my resume through the website, interview was quick and to the point very polite interviewer. Basically just talked to me about the position and mostly wanted to see if it was something I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Basically just asked what qualities I had that would make me suited for this job.   Answer Question

Pay rate wasn't high enough.

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Houma, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online way back in April. Called for 1:1 interview last week. Took place at customer service area. Everyone working there was dressed very fashionably; lots of females working there. Lots of "Tell me a time when" questions. Called back today for followup phone interview this afternoon. We'll see about the offer.