Norsk Hydro

Norsk Hydro Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Norsk Hydro

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Norsk Hydro.

I was the 1st choise of more than 50 candidates to the position of comercial assistant. In 5 years I became the youngest sales manager ever in 30 plus years of the company. I´m not a shy person so in a few days it seemed like I was working there for ages. People were nice, most of them, and the main aspect was they were focused on their jobs, sweet... the right envoirement to work and be sucessfull. Technal, was held by some other great companies like Alcan and Monitor, we were a very profitable company and then one day arrived Hydro and just like that even overcoming our results in the first years, all the sudden they star saying that we were no longer profitable, dispite our good results. After that they just started to apply "very good management skills" and star to cut in every thing even products quality, our custumers that were used to buy our material because of our eighter quality just start abandon us and "the big managers" of course, start firing people to balance our results útil they could not hide it no more from the big bosses in Norway. By that time they had to fire more than 400 people and today the company has 20 people struggling every day. Cheers for the big "****ed up managers" that got another big job were they ruin thousands more lives and keep theirs clean and full of Money..

At that time just didn't make any sense. I was not going to trade jobs from a lead brand with a solid project with another without

Press Operator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Norsk Hydro in April 2012.

Very good questions were asked, they wanted to know how you could be an assest to Hydro and how they could help you. Work culture is great, people are very friendly and help full.

Great all around, Hydro was very up front.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monett, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monett, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Norsk Hydro in July 2010.

Interview consisted of me taking a drug test. An employee that I know took care of everything else so I'm not exactly sure how the interview process goes at Hydro

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Norsk Hydro in August 2010.

The person who interviewed me first was leaving the company and didn't have much positive to say, so I took that person's opinions with a grain of salt. The next red flag that I didn't pick up on was the hiring manager who interviewed me was late and had another person's resume instead of mine.

no negotiation was done

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Norsk Hydro in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position in Florida. After his initial screening, he step a phone interview with an operations manager, hiring manager and Human Resources Manager. The phone interview was about 40 minutes in length. It involved standard questions and answers that gaged my interest and qualifications. It went very well and the operations manager asked me if I could visit them the very next Monday (the phone interview was on a Friday).
    Since their travel agency was closed, I made my own travel arraingements and paid with my own credit card. I arrived on Monday and interviewed with the HR manager, hiring manager and a peer engineer. They did take me to lunch where we could relax a little and continue the job conversations.
    I flew back home that day. The recruiter contacted me and said they were very interested. It took a couple of weeks, but finally recieved a very attractive offer. Unfortunately, the job did not pan out in the end.