Nortel Networks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.8

Product Manager Interview

As I was internal candidate, interview process was not that stricy .They mainly focussed on my product knowledge as it was inbound Product Mgmt position. My previous role was escallation lead for the same product line . They have checked my indepth domain knowledge, communication skill and social skill to match with the existing team

I didn't negotiate much as I was eagerly waiting for the position

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Technical interviews - a full day process.

No negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Great work environment. Easy hiring process.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2013.

I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Questions
    • They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks.

I was first emailed for writing samples and then completed a telephone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor. I was then asked in for an in-person interview with members of the team I'd be joining.
    The people interviewing me were most concerned I'd fit the dynamic of the team they had in place so it was difficult to know what skills and specialties to share that would or would not fit the space they had available.
    Other questions were typical: describe a situation where you overcame difficulties, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for my perception of the company's current difficulties, which included preparing to declare bankruptcy. As a comms person, discussing these issues in a delicate but accurate manner was important for the job.   View Answer
    I was offered more than I'd ever made before and accepted eagerly.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2010.

People I met during the interview process were really helpful. Scheduling interviews was easy as the employees displayed a lot of flexibility. They were looking for someone who is motivated to work for the company and fluent in Network protocols they support. In the end, I was probably not Senior enough for the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of BGP questions, some of which were difficult. Some of the more obscure commands also came-up and caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2010.

first - phon interview, onsite interview . 5 people one by one to inveriew. also some facilityvisiting. team meeting.topics from behaviors to technical, company outlook. some psy interview.

nice work place. HR' is very pushing demanding. the hiring process is too long

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Following a phone screen,
    There was a technical screen followed by a group review.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan JVM for a web application ?   View Answer

Business Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Nortel Networks in September 2009.

Since I transfered from one division of Nortel Networks (Carrier) to another division of Nortel Networks (Enterprise) this was an internal move with verly few interviews involved. The whole process was very relaxed and informal, but perhaps this was because I have worked for the Enterprise division previously. Not written job description was provided so it was hard to know if you were meeting your targets.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know the Enterprise product line?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to take on more product resposibility if required?   Answer Question
    Lateral move

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in August 2009.

The interview and hiring process was great. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. He was up-front and very matter-of-fact about the entire process, including the extensive background check required for this particular position. The in-person interview with the project manager was very comfortable. There were no trick questions or anything, just an honest conversation about my skills and experiences and the project needs and nuances. I felt very prepared for what I walked into. The offer was made swiftly, there was a delay in my actual start date based on successful completion of the background check, which was extensive given the nature of the position and the actual length of time was typical for that level of clearance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation with a colleague or supervisor that was difficult to work with?   Answer Question
    I didn't need to negotiate, the company offered me more than I'd asked for and based their offer on my work experience and education, not my negotiating skills.

Worked for Nortel Networks? Contribute to the Community!