Nortel Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Mysore (India)) in September 2009.

Interview

1-Technical Written round 2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming 1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

5.4 Lac

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview

Applied to the position online via website. Was contacted by phone to schedule an in person interview. Two separate interviews, one with someone from HR and another with the hiring manager. Was questioned extensively on project management techniques, challenging situations and how to deal with them. Also asked about motivating teams.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

This interview took place several years ago...not sure if it applies. It was an internal hire so the interviewer knew me and we focused on the technology and where the business was going, how to grow it, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how to grow a certain business given the fact that it might not be the 'core' business driver for Nortel as a whole   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straightforward.

Interview

got this job thru internal interview process

Negotiation

internal

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

People I met during the interview process were really helpful. Scheduling interviews was easy as the employees displayed a lot of flexibility. They were looking for someone who is motivated to work for the company and fluent in Network protocols they support. In the end, I was probably not Senior enough for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of BGP questions, some of which were difficult. Some of the more obscure commands also came-up and caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was good and face to face was about an hour long. Manager and other people in the interview was nice. They let me ask a lot of questions. They made me feel that I already had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took about 3 weeks to get all the paper work and on boarding process completed.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in July 2011.

Interview

I received a call for on site interview. I did not like flight arrangements as I got a connecting flight. First interview was with HR for about a half hour. Then 1:1 interviews with 4 team memebrs. It was boring as I had to repeat the same story over again.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in June 2008.

Interview

behavioral interview - skills sets discussed

better offer other firms

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

apply to external postings

Interview Questions

• do you really think you can do this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.