Nortel Networks

2.8

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks.

I was first emailed for writing samples and then completed a telephone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor. I was then asked in for an in-person interview with members of the team I'd be joining.
    The people interviewing me were most concerned I'd fit the dynamic of the team they had in place so it was difficult to know what skills and specialties to share that would or would not fit the space they had available.
    Other questions were typical: describe a situation where you overcame difficulties, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for my perception of the company's current difficulties, which included preparing to declare bankruptcy. As a comms person, discussing these issues in a delicate but accurate manner was important for the job.   View Answer
    I was offered more than I'd ever made before and accepted eagerly.

Program Manager Interview

Great work environment. Easy hiring process.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks.

Technical interviews - a full day process.

No negotiation

Product Manager Interview

As I was internal candidate, interview process was not that stricy .They mainly focussed on my product knowledge as it was inbound Product Mgmt position. My previous role was escallation lead for the same product line . They have checked my indepth domain knowledge, communication skill and social skill to match with the existing team

I didn't negotiate much as I was eagerly waiting for the position

Technical Support Engineer Interview

interviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2010.

Initial coms : written and email contact.
    2 interviews the same day, 1 with supervisor which was very detailed, second with HR
    which was very very good. Perception of people : very open minded, informative and easy going, office very good, work culture very good.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a business case where customer disagrees on your contributions and doesnt change his opinion, what would you do ?   Answer Question

Member of Scientific Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2008.

Sample code writing, behavioural questions, case studies, met with hr, met with other managers, new employees. gave office tour, met with hr. some on campus, some on site. flew to Ottawa.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here rather than in Toronto?   View Answer
    No negotiation possible

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

The interview process what a bit strange as it was completely over the phone, and didn't require any face to face interaction (or even video chat interaction). There were a few one on one sections of the interview and then it finished with a group chat. There weren't many deep technology questions, instead mostly background questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no real negotation, it was very much 'take it or leave it'

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in October 2009.

I heard about the opening position through a recruiting agency. I had a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and then was introduced to the AVP on the same day. I got the offer just a few days later.
    During the interview I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses are, how I think I can contribute to the organization, etc.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nortel Networks in June 2007.

Interviewed over the phone only but this is not the typical process. Normally candidates interview with one or two of the inside sales managers and then the sales director. My interview went extremely well and I did not find it in anyway challenging. I was hired the next week. This company was the best company to work for with regard to the friendly people, all of the groups and activities they sponsor and the great benefits they offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe my personality   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when I was faced with a difficult problem and handled it with creatively and innovatively   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was told that the position had a set base and set commission rate leaving very little room for negotiation

B2B Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2008.

Phone interview was pretty straightforward, just checking previous experience, nothing technical. Some behavioral questions and that's it.
    1:! interview was a little bit more complex as some situational cases were presented and you have to explain your thinking and how to solve them

Didn't negotiate