Nortel Networks

39 candidate interviews

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Interview Details – I was first emailed for writing samples and then completed a telephone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor. I was then asked in for an in-person interview with members of the team I'd be joining.
The people interviewing me were most concerned I'd fit the dynamic of the team they had in place so it was difficult to know what skills and specialties to share that would or would not fit the space they had available.
Other questions were typical: describe a situation where you overcame difficulties, etc.

Interview Question – I was asked for my perception of the company's current difficulties, which included preparing to declare bankruptcy. As a comms person, discussing these issues in a delicate but accurate manner was important for the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I'd ever made before and accepted eagerly.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

Interviewed at Nortel Networks

Interview Details – Great work environment. Easy hiring process.

Interview Question – What is your favorite fruit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Interview Details – Technical interviews - a full day process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join this company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Nortel Networks

Interview Details – As I was internal candidate, interview process was not that stricy .They mainly focussed on my product knowledge as it was inbound Product Mgmt position. My previous role was escallation lead for the same product line . They have checked my indepth domain knowledge, communication skill and social skill to match with the existing team

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate much as I was eagerly waiting for the position

Very Easy Interview

Member of Scientific Staff Interview

Member of Scientific Staff
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2008.

Interview Details – Sample code writing, behavioural questions, case studies, met with hr, met with other managers, new employees. gave office tour, met with hr. some on campus, some on site. flew to Ottawa.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here rather than in Toronto?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Very Easy Interview

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process what a bit strange as it was completely over the phone, and didn't require any face to face interaction (or even video chat interaction). There were a few one on one sections of the interview and then it finished with a group chat. There weren't many deep technology questions, instead mostly background questions.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotation, it was very much 'take it or leave it'

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Nortel Networks in October 2009.

Interview Details – I heard about the opening position through a recruiting agency. I had a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and then was introduced to the AVP on the same day. I got the offer just a few days later.
During the interview I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses are, how I think I can contribute to the organization, etc.

Interview Question – Have you heard about our company?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Richardson, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nortel Networks in June 2007.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone only but this is not the typical process. Normally candidates interview with one or two of the inside sales managers and then the sales director. My interview went extremely well and I did not find it in anyway challenging. I was hired the next week. This company was the best company to work for with regard to the friendly people, all of the groups and activities they sponsor and the great benefits they offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told that the position had a set base and set commission rate leaving very little room for negotiation

B2B Specialist Interview

B2B Specialist
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview was pretty straightforward, just checking previous experience, nothing technical. Some behavioral questions and that's it.
1:! interview was a little bit more complex as some situational cases were presented and you have to explain your thinking and how to solve them

Interview Question – How many light bulbs are there in your house and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was great. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. He was up-front and very matter-of-fact about the entire process, including the extensive background check required for this particular position. The in-person interview with the project manager was very comfortable. There were no trick questions or anything, just an honest conversation about my skills and experiences and the project needs and nuances. I felt very prepared for what I walked into. The offer was made swiftly, there was a delay in my actual start date based on successful completion of the background check, which was extensive given the nature of the position and the actual length of time was typical for that level of clearance.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation with a colleague or supervisor that was difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate, the company offered me more than I'd asked for and based their offer on my work experience and education, not my negotiating skills.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nortel Networks

Worked for Nortel Networks? Contribute to the Community!