Nortel Networks

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks in August 2009.

The interview and hiring process was great. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. He was up-front and very matter-of-fact about the entire process, including the extensive background check required for this particular position. The in-person interview with the project manager was very comfortable. There were no trick questions or anything, just an honest conversation about my skills and experiences and the project needs and nuances. I felt very prepared for what I walked into. The offer was made swiftly, there was a delay in my actual start date based on successful completion of the background check, which was extensive given the nature of the position and the actual length of time was typical for that level of clearance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation with a colleague or supervisor that was difficult to work with?   Answer Question
    I didn't need to negotiate, the company offered me more than I'd asked for and based their offer on my work experience and education, not my negotiating skills.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2009.

I did a pre phone interview for the manager to determine if I had the technical skills. Once he realized I was speaking the lingo he gave me an on site interview. There were four people to interview with that I would be directly working with. It is very obvious when you are interviewing thatthere are other candidates because the are being interviews in the room right next to you. I was asked alot of technical questions just to see if I recogognized and sold solutions with the items mentioned. Then questions about how I like to learn, be managed etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you best learn new material?   Answer Question
    • What was one positive and one negative experience in your current position   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2009.

basic questions asked

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

No negotiation necessary.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

The interview process what a bit strange as it was completely over the phone, and didn't require any face to face interaction (or even video chat interaction). There were a few one on one sections of the interview and then it finished with a group chat. There weren't many deep technology questions, instead mostly background questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no real negotation, it was very much 'take it or leave it'

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nortel Networks in June 2008.

Interviewed for a system test engineer position. Had 5 or 6 interviews from 10 am to 2 pm. Discussions were mostly around IP routing, ethernet switching. This was followed by a small discussion with the hiring manager where we discussed salary, the role and the work that the team does.

Interview Questions
    • IP subnetting exercise for a given network with x hosts and y subnets   View Answer

Marketing Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2008.

How do you know about Nortel
    Why marketing? How do you know about marketing?
    What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Your greatest achievement?
    Describe a situation where you worked in a team? Describe a situation in which you solved a problem.
    What other careers have you considered/applied for?

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nortel Networks in June 2007.

Interviewed over the phone only but this is not the typical process. Normally candidates interview with one or two of the inside sales managers and then the sales director. My interview went extremely well and I did not find it in anyway challenging. I was hired the next week. This company was the best company to work for with regard to the friendly people, all of the groups and activities they sponsor and the great benefits they offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe my personality   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when I was faced with a difficult problem and handled it with creatively and innovatively   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was told that the position had a set base and set commission rate leaving very little room for negotiation

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in April 2007.

Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.

Ingénieur Principal du Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valbonne (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valbonne (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks.

Un total de cinq entretiens avec différentes personnes (ressources humaines, personnel technique, directeur).

a total of five interviews with different people (HR, technical, manager)

Négociation facile