Nortel Networks

Negotiation Details – internal

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was called by phone to schedule an interview. This was followed by an email. The email details the location and time of the interview (but no names of interviewers).
I was interviewed by two people - a senior manager and my direct manager. The interview questions were majorly skill-based. They also asked a couple of behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Question – Have you had conflict with your colleagues? How did you resolve the conflict? What kind of people do you like working with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no much room for negotiation. They offered salary within industry standard for new grads.

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Interview Details – apply to external postings

Interview Question – do you really think you can do this job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview Details – Campus recruitment. Many questions with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Some technical question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Member of Scientific Staff Interview

Member of Scientific Staff
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2008.

Interview Details – Sample code writing, behavioural questions, case studies, met with hr, met with other managers, new employees. gave office tour, met with hr. some on campus, some on site. flew to Ottawa.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here rather than in Toronto?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nortel Networks in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1-Technical Written round
2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming
1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

Interview Question – Networking Round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 5.4 Lac

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Interview Details – Thorough recruiting process though a 3rd party initially. 3 Internal interviews - all very professional

Interview Question – How would you make a difference in 30/60 and 90 days   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – one sided

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Nortel Networks in July 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call for on site interview. I did not like flight arrangements as I got a connecting flight. First interview was with HR for about a half hour. Then 1:1 interviews with 4 team memebrs. It was boring as I had to repeat the same story over again.

Interview Question – What are your strenghts?   View Answers (5)

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Nortel Networks in October 2009.

Interview Details – I heard about the opening position through a recruiting agency. I had a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and then was introduced to the AVP on the same day. I got the offer just a few days later.
During the interview I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses are, how I think I can contribute to the organization, etc.

Interview Question – Have you heard about our company?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied to the position online via website. Was contacted by phone to schedule an in person interview. Two separate interviews, one with someone from HR and another with the hiring manager.

Was questioned extensively on project management techniques, challenging situations and how to deal with them. Also asked about motivating teams.

Interview Question – How do you keep a team motivated?   Answer Question