Nortel Networks Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.8

Senior Product Manager Interview

got this job thru internal interview process

internal

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks.

apply to external postings

Interview Questions
    • do you really think you can do this job   View Answer
    no negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nortel Networks.

Thorough recruiting process though a 3rd party initially. 3 Internal interviews - all very professional

one sided

Engineering Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nortel Networks in July 2011.

I received a call for on site interview. I did not like flight arrangements as I got a connecting flight. First interview was with HR for about a half hour. Then 1:1 interviews with 4 team memebrs. It was boring as I had to repeat the same story over again.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

interviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2010.

Initial coms : written and email contact.
    2 interviews the same day, 1 with supervisor which was very detailed, second with HR
    which was very very good. Perception of people : very open minded, informative and easy going, office very good, work culture very good.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a business case where customer disagrees on your contributions and doesnt change his opinion, what would you do ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in October 2009.

I heard about the opening position through a recruiting agency. I had a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and then was introduced to the AVP on the same day. I got the offer just a few days later.
    During the interview I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses are, how I think I can contribute to the organization, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in September 2009.

1-Technical Written round
    2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming
    1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

5.4 Lac

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2009.

I was called by phone to schedule an interview. This was followed by an email. The email details the location and time of the interview (but no names of interviewers).
    I was interviewed by two people - a senior manager and my direct manager. The interview questions were majorly skill-based. They also asked a couple of behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had conflict with your colleagues? How did you resolve the conflict? What kind of people do you like working with?   Answer Question
    There was no much room for negotiation. They offered salary within industry standard for new grads.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

This interview took place several years ago...not sure if it applies.
    It was an internal hire so the interviewer knew me and we focused on the technology and where the business was going, how to grow it, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how to grow a certain business given the fact that it might not be the 'core' business driver for Nortel as a whole   View Answer
    Very straightforward.