Nortel Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX) in June 2007.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone only but this is not the typical process. Normally candidates interview with one or two of the inside sales managers and then the sales director. My interview went extremely well and I did not find it in anyway challenging. I was hired the next week. This company was the best company to work for with regard to the friendly people, all of the groups and activities they sponsor and the great benefits they offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe my personality   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when I was faced with a difficult problem and handled it with creatively and innovatively   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that the position had a set base and set commission rate leaving very little room for negotiation

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Raleigh, NC) in April 2007.

Interview

Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.

Ingénieur Principal du Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valbonne (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Valbonne (France)).

Interview

Un total de cinq entretiens avec différentes personnes (ressources humaines, personnel technique, directeur).

a total of five interviews with different people (HR, technical, manager)

Negotiation

Négociation facile

easy nego

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

got this job thru internal interview process

Negotiation

internal

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

apply to external postings

Interview Questions

• do you really think you can do this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Thorough recruiting process though a 3rd party initially. 3 Internal interviews - all very professional

Interview Questions

• How would you make a difference in 30/60 and 90 days   2 Answers

Negotiation

one sided

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in July 2011.

Interview

I received a call for on site interview. I did not like flight arrangements as I got a connecting flight. First interview was with HR for about a half hour. Then 1:1 interviews with 4 team memebrs. It was boring as I had to repeat the same story over again.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2010.

Interview

Initial coms : written and email contact. 2 interviews the same day, 1 with supervisor which was very detailed, second with HR which was very very good. Perception of people : very open minded, informative and easy going, office very good, work culture very good.

Interview Questions

• Describe a business case where customer disagrees on your contributions and doesnt change his opinion, what would you do ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2009.

Interview

I heard about the opening position through a recruiting agency. I had a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and then was introduced to the AVP on the same day. I got the offer just a few days later. During the interview I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses are, how I think I can contribute to the organization, etc.