Nortel Networks

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks.

I was first emailed for writing samples and then completed a telephone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor. I was then asked in for an in-person interview with members of the team I'd be joining.
    The people interviewing me were most concerned I'd fit the dynamic of the team they had in place so it was difficult to know what skills and specialties to share that would or would not fit the space they had available.
    Other questions were typical: describe a situation where you overcame difficulties, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for my perception of the company's current difficulties, which included preparing to declare bankruptcy. As a comms person, discussing these issues in a delicate but accurate manner was important for the job.   View Answer
    I was offered more than I'd ever made before and accepted eagerly.

Business Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in September 2009.

Since I transfered from one division of Nortel Networks (Carrier) to another division of Nortel Networks (Enterprise) this was an internal move with verly few interviews involved. The whole process was very relaxed and informal, but perhaps this was because I have worked for the Enterprise division previously. Not written job description was provided so it was hard to know if you were meeting your targets.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know the Enterprise product line?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to take on more product resposibility if required?   Answer Question
    Lateral move

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

No negotiation necessary.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in April 2007.

Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.