Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nortel Networks
- Software Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- B2B Specialist (1)
- Business Line Manager (1)
- Systems Testing Engineer (1)
- Ingénieur Principal du Support (1)
- Communications Specialist (1)
- Network Engineer (1)
- Verification Engineer (1)
- Member of Scientific Staff (1)
- Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Field Manager (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Senior Product Manager (1)
- Senior Sales Engineer (1)
- Software Build Engineer (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Systems Test Engineer (1)
- Finance (1)
- Accepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC).
I was first emailed for writing samples and then completed a telephone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor. I was then asked in for an in-person interview with members of the team I'd be joining. The people interviewing me were most concerned I'd fit the dynamic of the team they had in place so it was difficult to know what skills and specialties to share that would or would not fit the space they had available. Other questions were typical: describe a situation where you overcame difficulties, etc.
- I was asked for my perception of the company's current difficulties, which included preparing to declare bankruptcy. As a comms person, discussing these issues in a delicate but accurate manner was important for the job. 1 Answer
I was offered more than I'd ever made before and accepted eagerly.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2009.
Since I transfered from one division of Nortel Networks (Carrier) to another division of Nortel Networks (Enterprise) this was an internal move with verly few interviews involved. The whole process was very relaxed and informal, but perhaps this was because I have worked for the Enterprise division previously. Not written job description was provided so it was hard to know if you were meeting your targets.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2009.
Interviewed with the entire group at once.
- Do you like Sushi? Answer Question
No negotiation necessary.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Raleigh, NC) in April 2007.
Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.
- General Resume questions Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review