Nortel Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the entire group at once.

Interview Question – Do you like Sushi?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary.

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Interview Details – I was first emailed for writing samples and then completed a telephone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor. I was then asked in for an in-person interview with members of the team I'd be joining.
The people interviewing me were most concerned I'd fit the dynamic of the team they had in place so it was difficult to know what skills and specialties to share that would or would not fit the space they had available.
Other questions were typical: describe a situation where you overcame difficulties, etc.

Interview Question – I was asked for my perception of the company's current difficulties, which included preparing to declare bankruptcy. As a comms person, discussing these issues in a delicate but accurate manner was important for the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I'd ever made before and accepted eagerly.

Business Line Manager Interview

Business Line Manager
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Nortel Networks in September 2009.

Interview Details – Since I transfered from one division of Nortel Networks (Carrier) to another division of Nortel Networks (Enterprise) this was an internal move with verly few interviews involved. The whole process was very relaxed and informal, but perhaps this was because I have worked for the Enterprise division previously. Not written job description was provided so it was hard to know if you were meeting your targets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Lateral move

Finance Interview

Finance
Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Nortel Networks in April 2007.

Interview Details – Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.

Interview Question – General Resume questions   Answer Question

Worked for Nortel Networks? Contribute to the Community!