Nortel Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks (Plano, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Questions

• They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nortel Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks (Mysore (India)) in September 2009.

Interview

1-Technical Written round
    2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming
    1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

5.4 Lac

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nortel Networks (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

I was called by phone to schedule an interview. This was followed by an email. The email details the location and time of the interview (but no names of interviewers).
    I was interviewed by two people - a senior manager and my direct manager. The interview questions were majorly skill-based. They also asked a couple of behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you had conflict with your colleagues? How did you resolve the conflict? What kind of people do you like working with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no much room for negotiation. They offered salary within industry standard for new grads.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks in November 2007.

Interview

Was new-grad hiring process. Not useful anymore as company has gone bankrupt and froze hiring.