Nortel Networks

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Question – They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the entire group at once.

Interview Question – Do you like Sushi?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was called by phone to schedule an interview. This was followed by an email. The email details the location and time of the interview (but no names of interviewers).
I was interviewed by two people - a senior manager and my direct manager. The interview questions were majorly skill-based. They also asked a couple of behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Question – Have you had conflict with your colleagues? How did you resolve the conflict? What kind of people do you like working with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no much room for negotiation. They offered salary within industry standard for new grads.

Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nortel Networks in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1-Technical Written round
2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming
1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

Interview Question – Networking Round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 5.4 Lac

Software Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with.

Interview Question – what's the challenge in the work.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nortel Networks in November 2007.

Interview Details – Was new-grad hiring process. Not useful anymore as company has gone bankrupt and froze hiring.

Interview Question – How are you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nortel Networks

Worked for Nortel Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nortel Networks Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nortel Networks employees and interview candidates.