Nortel Networks

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2013.

I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Questions
  • They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nortel Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

No negotiation necessary.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nortel Networks in September 2009.

1-Technical Written round
    2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming
    1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

5.4 Lac

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2009.

I was called by phone to schedule an interview. This was followed by an email. The email details the location and time of the interview (but no names of interviewers).
    I was interviewed by two people - a senior manager and my direct manager. The interview questions were majorly skill-based. They also asked a couple of behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had conflict with your colleagues? How did you resolve the conflict? What kind of people do you like working with?   Answer Question
    There was no much room for negotiation. They offered salary within industry standard for new grads.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nortel Networks in November 2007.

Was new-grad hiring process. Not useful anymore as company has gone bankrupt and froze hiring.