North American Bancard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.7

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with the manager for the position who was on time, friendly, and welcoming. I was asked about my past positions and work experiences, as well as questions regarding tasks in the workplace that are my strengths/weaknesses. It was a pleasant and successful interview that really made me want to work at the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at North American Bancard in November 2014.

Interview

I had directly applied online. Received a call within 2-3 days, First interview was on the phone for 10 min, was called for F2F, it went on for 1 hr, was standing full time, explaining the scrum development process and answering all the questions, the interview was with VP(hiring manager). He said that I did very well and wanted me to meet another person to whom I would be reporting to. I came for the 2nd F2F, that too went very well.I was shown the development area. I was told it is very promising and can expect a response by end of the week.

PHP Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at North American Bancard.

Interview

I was brought in through a recruiter who was full-filling permenant direct hire positions for them, so I'm not sure how the process when applying online. However, I still had to fill out the online application to get my background check and such completed. The initial phone screen was interesting. It was a quick 10 minute interview asking some simple comprehension questions about PHP and design concepts so I thought I failed, but I got a call a week or so later asking to complete a code sample. I completed that and it took about another 2 weeks but I asked to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted about an hour and involved me demonstrating my understanding of PHP, MySQL, what I use and why, how resourceful I am (where do I go to be informed to new solutions/releases/etc...). I was asked about the difference between a left and right join, and some questions about my code sample I submitted. That same day I got a call back from the recruiter saying that they want to hire me. I accepted the same day (Thursday), filled out the paper work I needed and got my background check completed on Monday. Overall the process was more waiting than anything but worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

• The thing that threw me off during both interviews was that I was asked questions that I did not understand at first, but knew once they clarified. I had always developed just doing what felt right, not really knowing that there's a specific term for half the things I did. They were understanding of that which is good, but understanding more of the development terms like functional vs. procedural and different types of testing definitely would help.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, as I was happy with what they were offering. Along with yearly employee/performance reviews I feel being able to show what I'm worth is more beneficial in the long run.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews over an extended time period. I had to call an email mgr with follow-up just to get a second and third interview. It was time consuming and very draining emotionally. I had heard good things about the company overall and the work experience that is offered so I kept at it. Eventually I did get an offer and the pay was better than average with good benefits. My coworkers we're also fun to work with. My managers were somewhat serious at times but not overbearing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at North American Bancard.

Interview

Phone Interview then Onsite Interview. Phone interview is simple. In Onsite interview prepare for PHP, SQL. They will not reply to your email if you are not selected in the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI).

Interview

Actually interviewed by someone who knew what he wanted, what company needed, this is NOT the Normal procedure (clueless HR person is usual interviewee) Too bad job actually turned into something completely different within a month of hire, assigned to clueless manager who didn't know what to do with actual talent that knew more than him.

Interview Questions

• What actual languages, development environments you have used in past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

How much do you need? <replied> -- Ok.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at North American Bancard.

Interview

I applied online and got a response within 48 hours. It was first a friendly chat to schedule an interview with more relevant personnel, which was about a 20-30 minute phone interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any difficulties in managing a group? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

User Experience/Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was relatively brief and to the point. They spoke a good game, but I later learned they had no idea what UX really is. The environment is wide open (which has pros and cons), but it is extremely rigid. You can't eat in the workspace and can't take tags off the chairs.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Which college course did you find the most interesting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. I wanted to move on, so I ended up taking a $10,000 pay cut. I learned why after I arrived. They didn't really have any idea what UX was and how to value someone with the experience I brought to the table. I spent 1% of my time there doing anything that was truly UX-related and I took that upon myself (as any UX professional would). When I offered notes on my heuristic analysis, I was told it wouldn't be needed. A company like this does not really need UX professionals and I would advise anyone interested in a UX role in this environment to STEER CLEAR COMPLETELY. It can be a decent environment for IT pros, but not for usability and UX pros. They'll have you working on BA or UI initiatives and will leave UX by the wayside.

Applicant Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI).

Interview

Tour of building, one interview with one person and 5 question.

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and face to face. Inexperience of interviewers was very apparent. Very casual dress attire, the older the clothes the better. Total lack of professionalism. HR treats everyone as if they are minimum wage call center staff. Can't spell candidates names correctly or schedule interviews without errors. Background and credit check. No drug test.

Interview Questions

• Draw a pig .... Seriously.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't any; needed a paycheck so I took it.