North Carolina Department of Revenue

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at North Carolina Department of Revenue

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue.

Interview

Exactly what I had expected. A variety of behavioral and tax-law related questions. The interview ended with a timed test that covered straight forward federal and state tax scenarios to test experience and skill level. Although the interview was stressful, the interviewers were very professional and expressed interest throughout the interview. I wouldn't recommend candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications or who are not fully serious with tax related work to interview for positions similar to this.

Interview Questions

• What's one scenario that you would not like to face as an employee for our organization?   Answer Question

Revenue Tax Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview with a three person panel. Everyone was professional and friendly. Process: two interviews by phone which took about 30 min. Next interview was about an hour in the office. All questions were give me an example when or tell me a time when type of questions. They gave me a lot of information and also let you ask them questions as well after the interview is over. Great experience and I hope they are as friendly when I start working with them.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult is looking at everyone write down info after I answered the questions. It made me extra nervous.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, starting pay almost 34,000 walking in the door.

Field Auditor II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue.

Interview

Had an in person interview. Two managers flew to Detroit and interviewed up to 10 people. Interview was very relaxed but in a hotel room with the door not latched.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary within their limits.

Revenue Officer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue in January 2013.

Interview

Applied Online. I was contacted 6 months later for a face-to-face interview. The panel interview lasted less than an hour. Interviewers were very nice. Candidate can expect behavior type questions about difficult situations. It will probably help if you have collections experience. I was offered the position a week later.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue in March 2011.

Interview

Process took 4 month. Received a lower end offer at the trainee rate.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very typical, no unexpected questions. They may ask you basics of NC tax (rate etc)   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue in June 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter then referred to hiring mamager for phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you lean most as an auditor?   1 Answer

Processing Assistant V Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at North Carolina Department of Revenue in October 2009.

Interview

Applied using paper application. Had one interview (face-to-face) that included a skills test. Was offered the job a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer