North Carolina Marketing Solutions Interview Questions

2.4

Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions in September 2013.

-Came in for a 1:1 face to face interview with the hiring manager
    -Filled out an application and it lasted about 20-25 minutes
    -Answered questions about my past job, what I liked most/least, described my best assets, etc.
    -The manager talked about the position: pay, typical day, responsibilities, expectations
    -At the end, I was asked if I had questions
    -Called back for a 2nd interview, it was more of a presentation going into depth of the clients
    -It was more of a personality evaluation and more questions were answered
    *Marketing is super competitive, so you always need to be on your A game!

Gave a 2 weeks notice for my current position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions.

Was not expecting this to be a sales position and that is exactly what it turned out to be. I even asked before I drove four hours for the interview and was lied to.

Entry Level Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions in June 2013.

I met with the hiring manager of the marketing firm and was asked a few questions about myself and my goals for my career. It was quite interesting because it was more conversational than a nail biting interview and I really appreciated that. I think he knew I was nervous but I thought that was pretty cool to make me feel better. I was told about their clients and how they were expanding locally and nation wide, which was pretty impressive. Overall, very good experience! It was worth my time.

Junior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions in February 2013.

After applying online through my university's recruiting website, I got a call a few days later asking when I would be free to go in the next day or the day after for an on-site interview. I then scheduled for the next morning, and went to my first round interview. It was overall a professional experience, and the lady at the front desk was very friendly and pleasant. The interview itself was surprisingly with the president himself, despite being a first round interview. The interview experience was basically behavioral, and definitely not too difficult. I was then informed that if I got a call back later that evening, then I would be moving on to the second round interview. I did indeed get a call back, and I then scheduled an all day interview for the following Monday. The second round interview was a job shadowing experience, after which the employee who took me around would determine whether I moved on to the final round.

Interview Questions
    • What one word would your close friends use to describe you?   Answer Question

Technically I haven't made a choice yet, but that isn't one of the options. Still waiting to hear back on from other places before deciding whether to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions in January 2013.

I applied through the career center website and received an email about an interview at the office mere hours later.

I took a cab to the office to interview with the CEO (who informed me he had started off as an entry-level employee just two years ago...). Straightforward and simple interview. The CEO described the process as direct marketing and explained his own career path, as well as detailed the subsequent steps (a full day interview out on the field conducting direct sales).

I was misled by the job posting on the career center website, as this position is essentially sales, not marketing (as the formal title of the position and the company would have you believe). I reported this to the career center. Not surprisingly, I never heard back about the position.

Entry Level Management Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions.

I started looking for a job about two months ago with a few interviews here and there. They told me their manager looked at my resume and wanted me to come in so they could discuss things one on one with me. I was interested in learning more about being trained in management so I agreed. The first interview was about twenty minutes where we went over what the company actually did and what they would expect out of a candidate. I was called in later that day to come in for a second interview which I went to two days later. It was a lot longer, I was with a guy that was in the position I was interviewing for. I got to see what they do day to day and what I would be doing. I got a call the next day offering me the position and I'll be starting next week.

Interview Questions
    • What I expect out of a successful manager and whether or not I had those traits   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions in September 2012.

The interview process was very thorough. I came in for my preliminary interview and the president of the company sat down with me and asked me some questions about my resume, but mainly wanted to know what I was looking for in a career and if I was looking for something long or short term. The second round interview gave me a look at how people would talk to clients and explained the advancement opportunities within the company. The third interview was much more laid back and brief and I was offered the position the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What is one skill that you want to work on that would make you more successful professionally?   View Answer
    All of my questions as far as compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities were answered prior to me accepting the position, then they were gone over again in detail while I was filling out new hire paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions in September 2012.

I was called the day after submitting my resume.. I enjoyed the fact that they took they time to consider me with my lack of experience.. Girl on the phone was very pleasant.. I came in for the first interview and met with the president of the company.. He was very young and clearly motivated to be running a business at such a young age.. We spent about 15min talking a little about me and a little about the company and position.. It was explained to me that more detail would be covered on the 2nd round interview which is a job shadow.. I wish every company did this! It was a great opportunity to get to see the position and eliminate the uncertainty of what id be doing.. Afterwards i sat down with the president again and finalized the interview process.. He was very patient and very open to answering all my questions i appreciated his open and honest approach.. I was offered the position after a few days and started working with them about 4 months ago.. I am excited to say that i have completed the first phase of their program and will be moving to the third phase by march of 2013.. For those taking the time to read this you must understand something most of you have not worked in a performance based setting all i can tell you is that you are in anyway lazy or unmotivated dont waste your time.. Nothing will be given to you here you will have to work for it and earn it..

Interview Questions
    • tell me of a time you were faced with an opportunity to step into a leadership roll and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions.

Submitted my resume and got a call the next day. Went in for a 15 minute preliminary interview where I was lightly questioned about my resume. It was less of an interview and more of a conversation. They called me back a few hours later and let me know they wanted me in for the secondary interview, which would be the next day, from 1:30-8pm. A 6.5 hour interview. I arrived the next day, and meet the person who has interviewed me the day before. He says we are going out to meet the clients. I get into his car, and he drives me to a neighborship explaining the process along the way. The "clients" are the people they go door to door to meet, and you aren't marketing, you are selling AT&T UVerse. Then they take you to lunch to explain the growth opportunities and compensation. Basically they let you know that you will start low but move up fast. Can only confirm the former because you definitely start low. Bottom line is, its an easy interview and all you need to do is be friendly cause they aren't going to pick your brain too intensely. Basically, if you aren't interested in selling AT&T door to door, this wont be for you.

Interview Questions
    • Rate the following in order of importance: Work environment, growth opportunity, compensation   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at North Carolina Marketing Solutions in July 2012.

I was skeptical coming in, I had received a call the week before asking me to come in. I spoke with two different people to schedule the interview. I showed up and to my surprise there were multiple people in the "lobby", very small office space, filling out applications. Even those people weren't sure what the job was or anything about it. Definitely a deceptive name. I was greeted by a guy who took me back to an office, which was off a large common room where 10-15 people were just sitting on the floor. Not the best first impression. After sitting in his office I had what amounted to about a 15 minute interview asking general question about my previous experience, hobbies, and what I am looking for in a position. He did mention multiple times that this isn't a cold calling job, but it does seem to be very similar, door to door sales. Although what I have gained from speaking with him, leaves me still in doubt about what they actually do. The company is owned by AT&T to market their Uverse product, which I would have never known from their website. He said he would follow up with me that afternoon to schedule a full shadowing interview or decline to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Rate these three things pay, atmosphere and opportunity for advancement.   Answer Question

Not the type of job I am interested in or that they advertised themselves as.