North Carolina State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

My professor looked at my past experience, the grade I scored in his course and hired me. Getting a job as a GRA is too easy. Just need to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your good at solidworks?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for North Carolina State University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I just walked in my professor's office and talked to him about my previous research and express my interest in joining his lab. He then said he will give me funding and showed me around the lab. He is easy going person but pushes a lot in research. He requires that I need to finish 3 publications during my PhD here. And I got only part RA part TA position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

he offered me the position directly after we talked a little bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Very informal, by invitation and then application. Good to have a particular faculty contact that you have a relationship with and are interested in their work.

Interview Questions

• What is your research interest and who do you want to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. This is University policy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

All day tour and one on one talk with professors. It was a great day.

Interview Questions

• Every professor asked something a little different. None of them were gotcha's.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was with four faculty on the search committee. The individuals were very tense, which made the interview itself very uncomfortable. I was asked questions about my current and future research interests, what faculty's research I might be able to contribute to, and why I was interested in NC State over other universities.

Interview Questions

• What are your research interests?   1 Answer