North Carolina State University

www.ncsu.edu

North Carolina State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2009.

Interview Details – All day tour and one on one talk with professors. It was a great day.

Interview Question – Every professor asked something a little different. None of them were gotcha's.   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2012.

Interview Details – Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Interview Question – Thesis or Project?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal, by invitation and then application. Good to have a particular faculty contact that you have a relationship with and are interested in their work.

Interview Question – What is your research interest and who do you want to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. This is University policy.

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was with four faculty on the search committee. The individuals were very tense, which made the interview itself very uncomfortable. I was asked questions about my current and future research interests, what faculty's research I might be able to contribute to, and why I was interested in NC State over other universities.

Interview Question – What are your research interests?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at North Carolina State University

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!