North Carolina State University
www.ncsu.edu Raleigh, NC 5000+ Employees

North Carolina State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2009.

Interview Details – All day tour and one on one talk with professors. It was a great day.

Interview Question – Every professor asked something a little different. None of them were gotcha's.   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2012.

Interview Details – Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Interview Question – Thesis or Project?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal, by invitation and then application. Good to have a particular faculty contact that you have a relationship with and are interested in their work.

Interview Question – What is your research interest and who do you want to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. This is University policy.

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was with four faculty on the search committee. The individuals were very tense, which made the interview itself very uncomfortable. I was asked questions about my current and future research interests, what faculty's research I might be able to contribute to, and why I was interested in NC State over other universities.

Interview Question – What are your research interests?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at North Carolina State University

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Carolina State University Graduate Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by North Carolina State University employees and interview candidates.