North Carolina State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014
Updated Apr 8, 2014
5 interviews

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Other Interview Reviews for North Carolina State University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2009.

All day tour and one on one talk with professors. It was a great day.

Interview Questions
    • Every professor asked something a little different. None of them were gotcha's.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2012.

Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Very informal, by invitation and then application. Good to have a particular faculty contact that you have a relationship with and are interested in their work.

Interview Questions
    • What is your research interest and who do you want to work with?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. This is University policy.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2010.

The interview was with four faculty on the search committee. The individuals were very tense, which made the interview itself very uncomfortable. I was asked questions about my current and future research interests, what faculty's research I might be able to contribute to, and why I was interested in NC State over other universities.

Interview Questions

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!