North Carolina State University

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjutant Instructor Interview

Adjutant Instructor

I applied online - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email of my date and time for an interview. They followed up with a phone call three days before the interview. I feel they interviewed all the applicants.

Interview Question – Think about an instance when you were given an assignment that you thought you would not be able to complete. How did you accomplish the assignment?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at North Carolina State University

Interview Details – Talk with your PI. Just the standard apply process. He may ask you about your background, your motivation for research, papers you have published. The experience you gained from the past research work, etc. Overall, you should be sure about your interest before choosing an advisor and research field, because you will stick with it for 5 years.

Interview Question – Different for different areas. It is hard to provide any suggestions here.   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Academic Tutor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – It is a short, straight-forward process. some of the questions are related to your tutoring experience, relationship with student athletes, ect..
They offered me the position couple of days after my interview.

Interview Question – Explain to me something from Statistic class?
Do you have a friend or family who is a student athlete?
  View Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate at all

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Position posted on NC State HR site. Most positions conduct phone interviews and then follow-up with on-campus interviews. Please note positions are left open after the suggested closing date, but that does not necessarily mean they are still accepting applications.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is little room for negotiations because these are career banded positions with small salary ranges. Be sure to list all of your work experience on your resume as the more you list will likely increase your possible salary range.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – After you've been at the graduate school for one or two years and finished the qualification test, you would be considered as a teaching assistant for the undergraduate students. You have to first participate some workshops, seminars to learn the basic teaching techniques.

Interview Question – When students ask something that has been bothering them, you should be able to come up with an answer at the moment. If it's inadequate, you will need to think it more afterwards, and get back to students with a full answer.   Answer Question

Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Scientific Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2014.

Interview Details – The question asked was very simple. Most of them were related to core java.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Community Assistant Interview

Community Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2013.

Interview Details – It will be basic Behavioral Interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – I got the job through a friend. One conversation with the boss and I was hired. Very informal.

Negotiation Details – They had a set salary and clear list of duties, so negotiation was not an option.

Interviews for Top Jobs at North Carolina State University

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!