North Carolina State University

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through other source and interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – No particular procedure to get recruited here. Just go and nag them everyday.

Negotiation Details – You cannot negotiate on anything.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Since it is a part time job, there is only one on site interview.

Interview Question – Difference between the JSON and XML   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at North Carolina State University

Interview Details – There is no interview. You get assigned during orientation.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Mailing application

Negotiation Details – full financial aid for three years

Newswriter Interview

Newswriter

Interviewed at North Carolina State University

Interview Details – It was very brief and did not require much prior experience.

Gardener Interview

Gardener

Interview Details – Too many questions

Interview Question – How do you repair a tractor?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – After you've been at the graduate school for one or two years and finished the qualification test, you would be considered as a teaching assistant for the undergraduate students. You have to first participate some workshops, seminars to learn the basic teaching techniques.

Interview Question – When students ask something that has been bothering them, you should be able to come up with an answer at the moment. If it's inadequate, you will need to think it more afterwards, and get back to students with a full answer.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at North Carolina State University

Interview Details – Talk with your PI. Just the standard apply process. He may ask you about your background, your motivation for research, papers you have published. The experience you gained from the past research work, etc. Overall, you should be sure about your interest before choosing an advisor and research field, because you will stick with it for 5 years.

Interview Question – Different for different areas. It is hard to provide any suggestions here.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate at all

Very Easy Interview

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – I got the job through a friend. One conversation with the boss and I was hired. Very informal.

Negotiation Details – They had a set salary and clear list of duties, so negotiation was not an option.

Interviews for Top Jobs at North Carolina State University

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!