North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

No particular procedure to get recruited here. Just go and nag them everyday.

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate on anything.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Since it is a part time job, there is only one on site interview.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

There is no interview. You get assigned during orientation.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Mailing application

Negotiation

full financial aid for three years

Newswriter Interview

Interview

It was very brief and did not require much prior experience.

Gardener Interview

Interview

Too many questions

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

After you've been at the graduate school for one or two years and finished the qualification test, you would be considered as a teaching assistant for the undergraduate students. You have to first participate some workshops, seminars to learn the basic teaching techniques.

Interview Questions

• When students ask something that has been bothering them, you should be able to come up with an answer at the moment. If it's inadequate, you will need to think it more afterwards, and get back to students with a full answer.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk with your PI. Just the standard apply process. He may ask you about your background, your motivation for research, papers you have published. The experience you gained from the past research work, etc. Overall, you should be sure about your interest before choosing an advisor and research field, because you will stick with it for 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Different for different areas. It is hard to provide any suggestions here.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Beware - backwards process. Hiring manager requested an interview with me; however, a background check and reference check had to be cleared first. I went in to fill out paperwork and speak with a general screening manager within the institution. After positive references and a cleared background check were complete, I never heard from them again. The screening manager said that the position was eventually filled. I never received an opportunity to meet with the hiring manager after all my personal information and references were tapped and stored in their database/filing system. The process was discouraging and a waste of time for not only myself, but my professional colleagues who dropped everything to deliver positive reviews with quick turnaround on my part. More over, it has been difficult to explain the negligence to my colleagues as they felt the position was a great fit.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

My professor looked at my past experience, the grade I scored in his course and hired me. Getting a job as a GRA is too easy. Just need to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your good at solidworks?   1 Answer