North Carolina State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at North Carolina State University

Interview Details – There is no interview. You get assigned during orientation.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Since it is a part time job, there is only one on site interview.

Interview Question – Difference between the JSON and XML   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Scholar Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in October 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, I sent an e mail to the supervisor whether he was looking for a Postdoctoral Research Scholar or not. He was positive, asked for a couple of recommendation letters, I got them sent to him and I made a presentation over skype and I was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2012.

Interview Details – Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Interview Question – Thesis or Project?   Answer Question

Director of Information Technology Interview

Cullowhee, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 2nd Phone interview, On Site all day Interview

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate

Business and Technology Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2008.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then on site interview. Phone interview was generic. Onsite interview was formal. Panel interview by the search committee.

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Director Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Resume is selected and graded from over one hundred applicants. You are selected for a phone interview that is conducted via a search committee. If selected to interview, the process is a day long process that includes an interview by the committee, one-on-one interviews with stakeholders, and group presentation on a preselected topic.

Interview Question – Are you a cat or a dog person? This was an actual question.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a phone interview and a one page report on project goals.

Interview Questions

• What was the X-Ray source used in the X-ray diffractrometer you used for your master's research?   View Answer
  • Questions about research and work ethic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it was a PHD research assistant job

Intern Interview

Raleigh, NC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews were taken back to back with 15 minutes break , each of 45 minutes. In the first interview the interviewer asked me about my projects then he talked about the storage and filesystems and finally a coding question. In the second interview I was asked about concepts of OOP, basic questions on operating systems and networks, a coding question and finally a Object oriented design question.
Gave my interview on Monday and received an offer on friday.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected as such, they asked me about OOD of hotel reservation system.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Support Interview

Raleigh, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview to weed out, one week later, group interview, same day 1:1 interview with direct supervisor, interviews with directors and assistant directors.

Interview Question – Describe an experience where you had to work under pressure .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, but not for much more than the offer. I was told it was unusual for them to even negotiate.