North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.6

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

It is a short, straight-forward process. some of the questions are related to your tutoring experience, relationship with student athletes, ect..
    They offered me the position couple of days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me something from Statistic class?
      Do you have a friend or family who is a student athlete?

1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate at all

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

Position posted on NC State HR site. Most positions conduct phone interviews and then follow-up with on-campus interviews. Please note positions are left open after the suggested closing date, but that does not necessarily mean they are still accepting applications.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is little room for negotiations because these are career banded positions with small salary ranges. Be sure to list all of your work experience on your resume as the more you list will likely increase your possible salary range.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

After you've been at the graduate school for one or two years and finished the qualification test, you would be considered as a teaching assistant for the undergraduate students. You have to first participate some workshops, seminars to learn the basic teaching techniques.

Interview Questions

• When students ask something that has been bothering them, you should be able to come up with an answer at the moment. If it's inadequate, you will need to think it more afterwards, and get back to students with a full answer.   Answer Question

Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

The question asked was very simple. Most of them were related to core java.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Community Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

It will be basic Behavioral Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

I got the job through a friend. One conversation with the boss and I was hired. Very informal.

Negotiation

They had a set salary and clear list of duties, so negotiation was not an option.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Interactive work culture. Interview process is fair.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you work in a company instead of a university   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy since there was a salary freeze and not much could be done

Gardener Interview

Interview

Too many questions