North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I had already secured the interview after a conversation with the director of the Center for Urban affairs and Community Services. She urged me to apply for the job. I thought about it for several days, then I applied through the universities website. I interviewed with the person who was to be my direct supervisor and another department supervisor in person. There was no phone interview. Then I spoke briefly with the director of the center.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was a proficient editor.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Very straight-forward. Asked about experience, career goals, research desires, work ethic, teamwork skills, etc. No one grilled me on any topics. Pretty easy process. And had quick return offer. The entire process took MAYBE 2 weeks. Overall pleasant experience.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easygoing but professional. I thoroughly enjoyed the process, a series of questions were asked to obtain qualifications and experience for the position. The job description was described and I was asked about understanding of all the responsibilities, skills, certification and knowledge required for the position and if I am able to accommodate the job’s location and hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of working with Microsoft Office Products?   1 Answer

Temporary Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Meet the principle investigator of the Cost Effective Residential Rooftop PV system. List the task I am going to accomplish for this project. He asked me if I want to work for multitask or in a single team. I said multitask will be fine for me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to do the structural design regarding the solar racking system?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Very basic interview with questions about work ethic, experience, and career interests. Interview took a total of 30 minutes. Took a tour of the office area and research lab. At the end, I was able to ask questions and give a thank you card to the person who interviewed me. I must have left a good impression because I got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you pursuing biomedical research?   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Beware - backwards process. Hiring manager requested an interview with me; however, a background check and reference check had to be cleared first. I went in to fill out paperwork and speak with a general screening manager within the institution. After positive references and a cleared background check were complete, I never heard from them again. The screening manager said that the position was eventually filled. I never received an opportunity to meet with the hiring manager after all my personal information and references were tapped and stored in their database/filing system. The process was discouraging and a waste of time for not only myself, but my professional colleagues who dropped everything to deliver positive reviews with quick turnaround on my part. More over, it has been difficult to explain the negligence to my colleagues as they felt the position was a great fit.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

My professor looked at my past experience, the grade I scored in his course and hired me. Getting a job as a GRA is too easy. Just need to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your good at solidworks?   1 Answer

Digital Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview came from a girl who sounded like she was barely 17 years old; hardly old enough to conduct a serious job interview for an intermediate to middle management level position. This child repeatedly asked me the most inane questions - questions that are clearly there on the resume in front of her, that is IF she had bothered to even read it. Then made excuses for her lack of knowledge such as 'sorry, your resume was just now put in front of me.' Oh really? Because it's Monday now and you called me on Friday at 4:45pm (who calls to conduct new business at nearly 5pm on a Friday???) to schedule this phone interview. Then to top it off, this child began touting all the wonderful things about the position - things like a "really cool" cafeteria where you can get "free peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". No mention about the health benefits, the 401K, or any of the kind of important perks we actually NEED. I got so disgusted I interrupted the child in the middle of her gushing about pb&j sandwiches and told her she was wasting my time and hung up.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call if I could come in for an interview because I was out of town I suggest a Skype, FaceTime, or other video chat method. They worked with me, but because their wifi connection was not great it did end up being a phone interview. There were three people that was in on the call, all rotated questioning. Most of the question did come from the subject of "Name a time when..." or "What would you did if ____ was to occur?"

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multi tasking? Are you good with deadline? Explain situations from your last employer. What is your five year plan? What are your strengths and weakness? How well do you work with other? If you see someone slacking off what would you do? They then asked you if you had any questions?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

asking you about your reach experience, and talking about your research topic, to introduce your self. you should know your thesis very well and at least have some teaching experience,