North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2012.

Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at North Carolina State University.

No particular procedure to get recruited here. Just go and nag them everyday.

You cannot negotiate on anything.

Help Desk Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

The interview process was with a team of 4 people who would be managers or colleagues.

Director of Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cullowhee, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cullowhee, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2010.

Phone interview, 2nd Phone interview, On Site all day Interview

Unable to negotiate

Business and Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2008.

Had a phone interview and then on site interview. Phone interview was generic. Onsite interview was formal. Panel interview by the search committee.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Resume is selected and graded from over one hundred applicants. You are selected for a phone interview that is conducted via a search committee. If selected to interview, the process is a day long process that includes an interview by the committee, one-on-one interviews with stakeholders, and group presentation on a preselected topic.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a cat or a dog person? This was an actual question.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2010.

The interview was with four faculty on the search committee. The individuals were very tense, which made the interview itself very uncomfortable. I was asked questions about my current and future research interests, what faculty's research I might be able to contribute to, and why I was interested in NC State over other universities.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2008.

Interview consisted of a phone interview and a one page report on project goals.

Interview Questions
    • What was the X-Ray source used in the X-ray diffractrometer you used for your master's research?   View Answer
    • Questions about research and work ethic   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it was a PHD research assistant job

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2012.

Two phone interviews were taken back to back with 15 minutes break , each of 45 minutes. In the first interview the interviewer asked me about my projects then he talked about the storage and filesystems and finally a coding question. In the second interview I was asked about concepts of OOP, basic questions on operating systems and networks, a coding question and finally a Object oriented design question.
    Gave my interview on Monday and received an offer on friday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected as such, they asked me about OOD of hotel reservation system.   View Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University in June 2009.

Phone interview to weed out, one week later, group interview, same day 1:1 interview with direct supervisor, interviews with directors and assistant directors.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you had to work under pressure .   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate, but not for much more than the offer. I was told it was unusual for them to even negotiate.