North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.6

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in June 2011.

Hiring and interview process was personable and well structured. Gave a good sense of position and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Higher Education   View Answer
    • What is your experience with business processes and funding processes witin state related higher education   View Answer
    N/A

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in September 2010.

To be a qualified candidate, a solid academic background is necessary. Fully experience in coastal engineering is required, such as wave theory, model simulation, GIS techniques, and programming proficiency. In addition, sufficient project experience and publications will be helpful. At last, be prepared with some behavior questions and group collaborations.

Interview Questions
    • Give a gerenal understanding of all possible wave processes   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2010.

Position posted on NC State HR site. Most positions conduct phone interviews and then follow-up with on-campus interviews. Please note positions are left open after the suggested closing date, but that does not necessarily mean they are still accepting applications.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    There is little room for negotiations because these are career banded positions with small salary ranges. Be sure to list all of your work experience on your resume as the more you list will likely increase your possible salary range.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2010.

It was very pleasing process. They talked me about the interest, benefit, and things that both they and you would be interested in. It'd be great place to stay if I decide to develop in academia now...will come back later...

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. feel easy with yourself and the interview please.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

The interview was with four faculty on the search committee. The individuals were very tense, which made the interview itself very uncomfortable. I was asked questions about my current and future research interests, what faculty's research I might be able to contribute to, and why I was interested in NC State over other universities.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in April 2010.

I got the job through a friend. One conversation with the boss and I was hired. Very informal.

They had a set salary and clear list of duties, so negotiation was not an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Very informal, by invitation and then application. Good to have a particular faculty contact that you have a relationship with and are interested in their work.

Interview Questions
    • What is your research interest and who do you want to work with?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. This is University policy.

Director of Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cullowhee, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cullowhee, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2010.

Phone interview, 2nd Phone interview, On Site all day Interview

Unable to negotiate

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2010.

Interactive work culture. Interview process is fair.

Interview Questions
    • Why don't you work in a company instead of a university   View Answer
    Easy since there was a salary freeze and not much could be done