North Carolina State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate at all

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Position posted on NC State HR site. Most positions conduct phone interviews and then follow-up with on-campus interviews. Please note positions are left open after the suggested closing date, but that does not necessarily mean they are still accepting applications.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is little room for negotiations because these are career banded positions with small salary ranges. Be sure to list all of your work experience on your resume as the more you list will likely increase your possible salary range.

Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Scientific Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2014.

Interview Details – The question asked was very simple. Most of them were related to core java.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Community Assistant Interview

Community Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2013.

Interview Details – It will be basic Behavioral Interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – I got the job through a friend. One conversation with the boss and I was hired. Very informal.

Negotiation Details – They had a set salary and clear list of duties, so negotiation was not an option.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interactive work culture. Interview process is fair.

Interview Question – Why don't you work in a company instead of a university   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy since there was a salary freeze and not much could be done

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2009.

Interview Details – All day tour and one on one talk with professors. It was a great day.

Interview Question – Every professor asked something a little different. None of them were gotcha's.   Answer Question

Research Associate/Analyst Interview

Research Associate/Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview Details – Interview process was many years ago but each step was clear. Job responsibilities and duties were clearly outlined. Salary was clear but not negotiable. HR processes have changed over the years so I do not know how relevant my experience is to what current interviewees will experience. For example, there were no background tests then as there are now.

Interview Question – Surprisingly, there were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation. The employer knew I wanted the job and also knew I had a 'better' offer elsewhere.

Postdoctoral Research Scholar Interview

Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in October 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, I sent an e mail to the supervisor whether he was looking for a Postdoctoral Research Scholar or not. He was positive, asked for a couple of recommendation letters, I got them sent to him and I made a presentation over skype and I was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!