North Carolina State University Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC

2.3

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate at all

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2010.

Position posted on NC State HR site. Most positions conduct phone interviews and then follow-up with on-campus interviews. Please note positions are left open after the suggested closing date, but that does not necessarily mean they are still accepting applications.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    There is little room for negotiations because these are career banded positions with small salary ranges. Be sure to list all of your work experience on your resume as the more you list will likely increase your possible salary range.

Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2014.

The question asked was very simple. Most of them were related to core java.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2010.

Applied to Tox program in December and visited department in March. They had a recruitment dinner at Department Head's house. Selected current lab from 3 rotations.

Salary was non-negotiable. It is a graduate stipend.

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2013.

It will be basic Behavioral Interview

No negotiation

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Carolina State University in April 2010.

I got the job through a friend. One conversation with the boss and I was hired. Very informal.

They had a set salary and clear list of duties, so negotiation was not an option.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2010.

Interactive work culture. Interview process is fair.

Interview Questions
    • Why don't you work in a company instead of a university   View Answer
    Easy since there was a salary freeze and not much could be done

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2009.

All day tour and one on one talk with professors. It was a great day.

Interview Questions
    • Every professor asked something a little different. None of them were gotcha's.   Answer Question

Research Associate/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview process was many years ago but each step was clear. Job responsibilities and duties were clearly outlined. Salary was clear but not negotiable. HR processes have changed over the years so I do not know how relevant my experience is to what current interviewees will experience. For example, there were no background tests then as there are now.

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiation. The employer knew I wanted the job and also knew I had a 'better' offer elsewhere.

Postdoctoral Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at North Carolina State University in October 2012.

Pretty straight forward, I sent an e mail to the supervisor whether he was looking for a Postdoctoral Research Scholar or not. He was positive, asked for a couple of recommendation letters, I got them sent to him and I made a presentation over skype and I was offered the job.

No negotiation

Worked for North Carolina State University? Contribute to the Community!