North Carolina State University

2.3

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate at all

Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University in March 2014.

The question asked was very simple. Most of them were related to core java.

Research Associate/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview process was many years ago but each step was clear. Job responsibilities and duties were clearly outlined. Salary was clear but not negotiable. HR processes have changed over the years so I do not know how relevant my experience is to what current interviewees will experience. For example, there were no background tests then as there are now.

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiation. The employer knew I wanted the job and also knew I had a 'better' offer elsewhere.

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2013.

It will be basic Behavioral Interview

No negotiation

Postdoctoral Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University in October 2012.

Pretty straight forward, I sent an e mail to the supervisor whether he was looking for a Postdoctoral Research Scholar or not. He was positive, asked for a couple of recommendation letters, I got them sent to him and I made a presentation over skype and I was offered the job.

No negotiation

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Resume is selected and graded from over one hundred applicants. You are selected for a phone interview that is conducted via a search committee. If selected to interview, the process is a day long process that includes an interview by the committee, one-on-one interviews with stakeholders, and group presentation on a preselected topic.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a cat or a dog person? This was an actual question.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University in May 2012.

Questions: Interests, previous experience, Resume review, About the subject, Technical round,

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at North Carolina State University in February 2012.

Two phone interviews were taken back to back with 15 minutes break , each of 45 minutes. In the first interview the interviewer asked me about my projects then he talked about the storage and filesystems and finally a coding question. In the second interview I was asked about concepts of OOP, basic questions on operating systems and networks, a coding question and finally a Object oriented design question.
    Gave my interview on Monday and received an offer on friday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected as such, they asked me about OOD of hotel reservation system.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University in September 2010.

To be a qualified candidate, a solid academic background is necessary. Fully experience in coastal engineering is required, such as wave theory, model simulation, GIS techniques, and programming proficiency. In addition, sufficient project experience and publications will be helpful. At last, be prepared with some behavior questions and group collaborations.

Interview Questions
    • Give a gerenal understanding of all possible wave processes   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University in August 2010.

Position posted on NC State HR site. Most positions conduct phone interviews and then follow-up with on-campus interviews. Please note positions are left open after the suggested closing date, but that does not necessarily mean they are still accepting applications.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    There is little room for negotiations because these are career banded positions with small salary ranges. Be sure to list all of your work experience on your resume as the more you list will likely increase your possible salary range.