North Dakota State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Fargo, ND

I applied through college or university - interviewed at North Dakota State University in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Question – This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Fargo, ND

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in May 2009.

Interview Details – No interview needed for this position. I got it based on my resume and transcript. I have talked to one of the in a conference and later by phone. They just need to see if you fit or not. If you do not they simply replace you with somebody else.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Fargo, ND

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2011.

Interview Details – just a phone interview and asked my previous working experiences

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Fargo, ND

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by some incompetent senior scientist. Most questions were very basic and not to my level of education and experience.

Received the phone call after two months.

Interview Question – Mostly general and some technical related to my subject.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation went well and settle on a mutually agreeable salary.

Worked for North Dakota State University? Contribute to the Community!