North Dakota State University

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Clerk Interview

Interviewed at North Dakota State University

Interview Details – A very simple interview process. First, send in your application then you will get a phone call to set up an interview and then, well.... that is about it.

Interview Question – Have you read the employee hand book?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Fargo, ND

I applied through college or university - interviewed at North Dakota State University in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Question – This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview Details – One interview with search committee of 7 individuals. Each takes turn asking questions and rates candidates, making a recommendation to the Director who has the final decision authority.

Interview Question – What are the seven aspects of wellness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate while traveling on a business trip. Salary decisions where limited by Directors authority so a long process. I received more than offered however less than asked for.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview Details – Said the dean of engineering: "why do you even bother putting that on your resume?" In reference to applicant's college degree.

Interview Question – That --^ It caught me off guard, because it was surprisingly insulting.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the university was unwilling to negotiate my salary with me.

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Fargo, ND

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in May 2009.

Interview Details – No interview needed for this position. I got it based on my resume and transcript. I have talked to one of the in a conference and later by phone. They just need to see if you fit or not. If you do not they simply replace you with somebody else.

Software Engineer Interview

Fargo, ND

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2011.

Interview Details – just a phone interview and asked my previous working experiences

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Fargo, ND

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by some incompetent senior scientist. Most questions were very basic and not to my level of education and experience.

Received the phone call after two months.

Interview Question – Mostly general and some technical related to my subject.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation went well and settle on a mutually agreeable salary.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at North Dakota State University in August 2008.

Interview Details – Had a telephonic 1st round of interview. around 45mins
The project manager for the position took the interview
Questions we asked on current and recent projects.
Medium difficulty questions on Java, Syabse and Unix.
Couple of questions on the business related to the position.
Questions about Goldman and why Goldman
Clarity of the position and what interests in the position

Intern Interview

Interviewed at North Dakota State University

Interview Details – Intern programming position at the university. Basic questions regarding process's and threads and databases. One white board question which involved using a linked list. Overall the interviewer was very nice and friendly. The manager liked me but thought I would fit better with a different group so I was shipped over to them.

Interview Question – Implemented a insertion / deletion / search on a linked list.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Dakota State University in June 2010.

Interview Details – phone, behavioral, technical

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for North Dakota State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Dakota State University interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by North Dakota State University employees and interview candidates.