North Dakota State University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.5

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

One interview with search committee of 7 individuals. Each takes turn asking questions and rates candidates, making a recommendation to the Director who has the final decision authority.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate while traveling on a business trip. Salary decisions where limited by Directors authority so a long process. I received more than offered however less than asked for.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at North Dakota State University in August 2008.

Had a telephonic 1st round of interview. around 45mins
    The project manager for the position took the interview
    Questions we asked on current and recent projects.
    Medium difficulty questions on Java, Syabse and Unix.
    Couple of questions on the business related to the position.
    Questions about Goldman and why Goldman
    Clarity of the position and what interests in the position

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at North Dakota State University in July 2014.

Application via email. Interview via skype for international students. Otherwise in person meeting. Several employer took interview but in a friendly way. It was kind of conversation using online media.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. Good offer. Accepted it.

Assistant Professor Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2009.

I first had a phone interview from the department. Then after two weeks I was contacted to set up an onsite interview. The onsite interview is one day, including a presentation in the morning and 1:1 interview with each of the faculty members in the department. The people there are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • questions related to statistical aspects in my presentation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2011.

just a phone interview and asked my previous working experiences

Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at North Dakota State University in June 2010.

phone, behavioral, technical

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied through college or university - interviewed at North Dakota State University in February 2012.

I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Questions
    • This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in May 2011.

I didn't have any for this position. I was going to be a PhD student so didn't have to go through an interview. As a PhD student, the university didn't require such a thing. So i didn't have an interview.

Didn't have sucha athing

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

For this position, you apply for the position. There is a group interview and an individual interview. Everyone who applies gets to participate in both interviews. Both the hall directors and the current Resident Assistants will be observing the candidates so it's important to act professionally but not feel too pressured.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is the group interview.   View Answer
    • The second part of the interview process is the individual interview. This is like a traditional interview. You will be interviewed by one or two hall directors and possible a current Resident Assistant.   View Answer
    Resident Assistants get hired based on who would be a good fit for the different halls. You don't have an option to pick which hall you work in (the only chance you have to pick you hall is during the interview when they ask you where you would prefer to be) or how much you are paid.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2009.

Interviewed by some incompetent senior scientist. Most questions were very basic and not to my level of education and experience.

Received the phone call after two months.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly general and some technical related to my subject.   View Answer
    Salary negotiation went well and settle on a mutually agreeable salary.

Worked for North Dakota State University? Contribute to the Community!