North Dakota State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Updated Jul 12, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

Intern programming position at the university. Basic questions regarding process's and threads and databases. One white board question which involved using a linked list. Overall the interviewer was very nice and friendly. The manager liked me but thought I would fit better with a different group so I was shipped over to them.

Interview Questions
    • Implemented a insertion / deletion / search on a linked list.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Said the dean of engineering: "why do you even bother putting that on your resume?" In reference to applicant's college degree.

Interview Questions
    • That --^ It caught me off guard, because it was surprisingly insulting.   View Answer
    the university was unwilling to negotiate my salary with me.

SALES CLERK Interview

A very simple interview process. First, send in your application then you will get a phone call to set up an interview and then, well.... that is about it.

no negotiation.

Research Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

I never got interviewed as I was a former student at NDSU. I was working in the same lab as a lab assistant before, so every one knew me.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2009.

Interviewed by some incompetent senior scientist. Most questions were very basic and not to my level of education and experience.

Received the phone call after two months.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly general and some technical related to my subject.   View Answer
    Salary negotiation went well and settle on a mutually agreeable salary.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in May 2009.

No interview needed for this position. I got it based on my resume and transcript. I have talked to one of the in a conference and later by phone. They just need to see if you fit or not. If you do not they simply replace you with somebody else.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

For this position, you apply for the position. There is a group interview and an individual interview. Everyone who applies gets to participate in both interviews. Both the hall directors and the current Resident Assistants will be observing the candidates so it's important to act professionally but not feel too pressured.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is the group interview.   View Answer
    • The second part of the interview process is the individual interview. This is like a traditional interview. You will be interviewed by one or two hall directors and possible a current Resident Assistant.   View Answer
    Resident Assistants get hired based on who would be a good fit for the different halls. You don't have an option to pick which hall you work in (the only chance you have to pick you hall is during the interview when they ask you where you would prefer to be) or how much you are paid.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied through college or university - interviewed at North Dakota State University in February 2012.

I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Questions
    • This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2009.

I first had a phone interview from the department. Then after two weeks I was contacted to set up an onsite interview. The onsite interview is one day, including a presentation in the morning and 1:1 interview with each of the faculty members in the department. The people there are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • questions related to statistical aspects in my presentation   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at North Dakota State University in August 2008.

Had a telephonic 1st round of interview. around 45mins
    The project manager for the position took the interview
    Questions we asked on current and recent projects.
    Medium difficulty questions on Java, Syabse and Unix.
    Couple of questions on the business related to the position.
    Questions about Goldman and why Goldman
    Clarity of the position and what interests in the position

Worked for North Dakota State University? Contribute to the Community!